Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

"Let me start  out by saying i do not believe this is lm problem as i have the same error in dcs world."

It is not in V4.5 so it does have something to do with the new version,,,,so their problem,,fix it. 

I has same problem in 4.5 that is were i found how to fix it. and this is why i do not post very much in these forms. If  you would have read my hole post you mite have undersold.

i get the same hang in 4.5,5 and dcs world. So I would say  that the video card factory setting are over running the flight sim programs and just lowering the over clock by 22 mhz fixed the problem for me.

Regards Ted Kiser

I really wish that LM would solve this issue as I haven't been able to touch V5 since it came out. I get the error EVERY time, no matter the settings. 

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

3 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I really wish that LM would solve this issue as I haven't been able to touch V5 since it came out. I get the error EVERY time, no matter the settings. 

Do you have an nvidia profile for P3D in your Nvidia control panel?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

28 minutes ago, Le Français said:

Agreed

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm getting it too, but have learned to keep my eye glued on the GPU memory counter and adjust things to keep it under my limit. Not saying that's a fix but it does seem to help. I did have the invisible wall crash on approach to Heathrow. Running HF1. Seems like they need to optimize things a bit, but I know this is a work in progress. I will say I'm blown away that my fps won't drop below my cap over Orbx TE London. Lot's of potential.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

hi all,

it happened to me three times  in the last two years, after clean install of new drivers,

fixed with reinstall driver 'express upgrade' in nvidia experience ...

Edited by iliasr

5 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Do you have an nvidia profile for P3D in your Nvidia control panel?

No, I just did a fresh install of the drivers. 

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

9 hours ago, Le Français said:

9 hours ago, warbirds said:

Agreed

This is just getting hilarious!

Why don't you just hop over to Lockheed-Martin's facebook page and demand that they fix their poorly-coded-alpha software. By the same token, you might also lecture them, that they must fire all their lazy programmers, who have the audacity of releasing bug-filled developmental builds of their software.

I just love, that the usual narrative in here. And by the way - What if, and just bear with me here, what if it's an extremely complicated relation, between the software, Windows 10, OS updates, drivers, hardware combinations, overclocked CPU's/GPU's/RAM etc etc... a DXGI Device Hung error, isn't usually directly related to a software bug. 

You make it sound like it's a missing texture somwhere, which needs to be included. Who says Lockheed-Martin can fix it, just like that?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

My car is broken because I installed a turbocharger in it and the drove it with the revs past the redline on the tach, with the parking brake on. I was so angry when the engine seized that I got on Twitter and told everyone that the the car is a piece of junk and the company needs a to hire all new engineers who have a brain.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, anden145 said:

Why don't you just hop over to Lockheed-Martin's facebook page and demand that they fix their poorly-coded-alpha software. By the same token, you might also lecture them, that they must fire all their lazy programmers, who have the audacity of releasing bug-filled developmental builds of their software.

I just love, that the usual narrative in here. And by the way - What if, and just bear with me here, what if it's an extremely complicated relation, between the software, Windows 10, OS updates, drivers, hardware combinations, overclocked CPU's/GPU's/RAM etc etc... a DXGI Device Hung error, isn't usually directly related to a software bug. 

You make it sound like it's a missing texture somwhere, which needs to be included. Who says Lockheed-Martin can fix it, just like that?

It is their problem and will be fixed in future updates...

I build my own PC's and have done so for 20 or more years now..I do graphic work for game developers and push my pc and graphics far beyond the normal...My computer is stock,,nothing over clocked and kept in perfect working order or I would be out of a job..

In those 20 or so years I have never had a graphic card stop working because of a game or sim or during intensive graphic work...so now V5 comes out and I do get this message of lockup or stop working from my gpu...why? Because this new sim is in beta and will be adjusted in the near future.

My work requires me to have a working copy of V5 so I will change gpu, cpu settings and maybe mess with memory for that reason....and that reason only..

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

9 hours ago, anden145 said:

At least keep investigating it and communicate to the community about. I've been gaming on a PC for over 15 years and I have never gotten that error until P3D V5. 

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My car is broken because I installed a turbocharger in it and the drove it with the revs past the redline on the tach, with the parking brake on. I was so angry when the engine seized that I got on Twitter and told everyone that the the car is a piece of junk and the company needs a to hire all new engineers who have a brain.

You had to go there lol...you are way off. 

This is the worst P3D release ever and people still defend Lockheed. LOL

• Upvote 1

My system I got a year ago is 9900k, 32 gigs ram, 2080 (8gig). P3dV5. I'm getting out of vram in Seattle area so I'm experimenting with settings at the moment. I plan to watch what LM does down the road with a HF. I thought I read somewhere there is a 16 gig 2080 coming out. Maybe it's a possibility but at the moment I won't spring for a Ti either. Are any/many running out of vram with the 11 gig Ti? the Washington TE is great and worth the fiddling. I think V5 is great but it does take horsepower.

34 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

This is the worst P3D release ever and people still defend Lockheed. LOL

This is a magnetic storm!😬

MFS2020 also introduced the worst apharelease🤣

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

There is a workaround solution to try out which works for some including my self but its related to adding stuff to registry.

I just finished an amazing flight in the Comanche 250/GTN750 CYSE-11S-KFHR-KORS-KBFI with ORBX PNW,DD Seattle,ASP3DBETA3 in 4k but 1024 textures. EA on

Mainly very dense settings, medium reflections, no DL .

I havent had a crash for about 10 hours including MaddogX. 

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=130051&start=15

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png