Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

@Michael,

Thanks for reposting this regedit fix (as above)

Excerpt:

- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

I had tried this one before (along with upping the values for TdrDdiDelay and TdrDelay ) but I didn't follow one step in the instructions: REBOOT immediately and then recheck that the regedit  for TdrLevel is still there. If you don't do that the changes to the Registry aren't effective and will be lost possibly.

This worked for me - I was able to run a condition that normally would reproduce the hang and it's now gone!!!

Edited by whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Is it clear that changing/adding these Tdr variables to the registry has stopped all of the device hang errors? It seems that it works only for some - it wasn't working for me until I rebooted right away.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My car is broken because I installed a turbocharger in it and the drove it with the revs past the redline on the tach, with the parking brake on. I was so angry when the engine seized that I got on Twitter and told everyone that the the car is a piece of junk and the company needs a to hire all new engineers who have a brain.

Mhm, i would tell this story otherwise: there is a corner on the street to my home that i can take with my 2010 mercedes pushing the pedal to the floor in 3rd gear. Now it get a newer 2015 mercedes with more power, i try the corner again in 3rd gear with full throttle, but this time the car flies into the woods. Not sure but then blaming Mercedes wouldn't be very wise 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

It is their problem and will be fixed in future updates...

I build my own PC's and have done so for 20 or more years now..I do graphic work for game developers and push my pc and graphics far beyond the normal...My computer is stock,,nothing over clocked and kept in perfect working order or I would be out of a job..

In those 20 or so years I have never had a graphic card stop working because of a game or sim or during intensive graphic work...so now V5 comes out and I do get this message of lockup or stop working from my gpu...why? Because this new sim is in beta and will be adjusted in the near future.

DEVICE_HUNGS are old problems (introduced with Windows 7 IIRC) happening with all kind of games. Its nothing LM invented for V5. You can have it also with XP, MSFS etc. Heck, a few months ago i had one with "Cities: Skylines" because i had a word not allowed Nvidia Profile.

Building your own PCs and making graphic work doesn't prove anything, sorry. Didn't have one in V4, and i also didn't have one in V5 so long, so either i have accidentially got an "bugfree" V5 version or you got accidentially a "bugfull" one. I'm pretty sure we both use the same V5, so ... what tells you that, logically?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

DEVICE_HUNGS are old problems (introduced with Windows 7 IIRC) happening with all kind of games. Its nothing LM invented for V5. You can have it also with XP, MSFS etc. Heck, a few months ago i had one with "Cities: Skylines" because i had a word not allowed Nvidia Profile.

Building your own PCs and making graphic work doesn't prove anything, sorry. Didn't have one in V4, and i also didn't have one in V5 so long, so either i have accidentially got an "bugfree" V5 version or you got accidentially a "bugfull" one. I'm pretty sure we both use the same V5, so ... what tells you that, logically?

It proves I know more than you and I know it is not a problem with everyones PC...Attacking me on a public forum is not going to help your cause...LM will fix this and this will all be past history soon. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

24 minutes ago, warbirds said:

It proves I know more than you and I know it is not a problem with everyones PC...Attacking me on a public forum is not going to help your cause...LM will fix this and this will all be past history soon. 

Not to make this into an dick waving contest, but my first custom build was an 486 DX50, i built custom gaming pc for two years for a living (and do it still for fun), i'm an IT technican in our company including configuring custom workstations for CAD/CAM and measuring devices and in my life i was servicing, building and repairing hundreds of PCs in my life and still doing this as second job, including the networked PCs of an commercial 737 simulator. I know my stuff, too.

Signature3.png

I have tested same settings in FT KLAS (Everything enabled)with FTXSCA and again no issues so far. 

I have the tdrlevel=0,and tdrdelay =10 ,so far so good. 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

i tried every suggestion in this thread. i have finally eliminated my hungs by ensuring to downgrade from ultra 4k textures down one level to high 2K.

i also had to uninstall my envtex textures and shaders. 

so far with not using envex and keeping away from 4K i am extremely smooth with no shut downs

edit:

also had to disable "trueglass" in the maddog

Edited by av8r13

David Myers

yeah I also had an issue with A2A windshield rain effects that were causing a device hung randomly in v5 not v4.

Definitely have to wipe the shaders and let them rebuild every time there is a CTD of this kind. Old corrupted shaders will give a "device hung" too.

11 hours ago, whitav8 said:

Is it clear that changing/adding these Tdr variables to the registry has stopped all of the device hang errors? It seems that it works only for some - it wasn't working for me until I rebooted right away.

No, it didn't work for me.
So far the only solution to get rid of the hang when using EA is summarized here:

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Folks, as the OP of this thread, may I ask you to avoid personal attacks and LM bashing?
It really doesn't help.

P3D5 is a totally new platform, no one really knows where this DGXI error comes from, and why only few of us are encountering it.
We are sharing our experiences to investigate this GPU issue and to find a solution, no need for polemics.
Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:07 AM, JoeFackel said:

And switching between application is a pretty load on your GPU because it has to shift, Again talking about "pushing the (tuned) hardware a tiny bit over its limits".

Or you go the "blame highway" and PFPX or the other app ist the culprit because the HUNG occures using that app at the moment.

Pushing over the limits? My flight sim is at 30% load or less in cruise over the ocean. Your attitude is not helpful.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, JoeFackel said:

You are going through this thread and attacking everyone in a condescending tone.