Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

2 hours ago, SoWxss said:

What I tried so far was the default F35 at Randolph AFB. This gave the error every time. I just tried the F22 at Randolph, which (surprisingly to me) did not give the error. Switching back to the F35 gave the error immediately (crashed my whole PC). I will try some more aircraft!

F-35A Lightning II KRND Randolph AFB. Also tried a few others.

I could not break it with everything maxed, that is, nothing left to turn on or up, including AE and bathymetry, 4k screen, max textures and AA etc. 20fps Locked. Switched between all views, several hours trying things. NVLink 2080Ti x2 9980Xe 64GB 4k monitor.

Could indicate you need an updated driver for your card maybe. Does it still happen with minimum settings?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

49 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Could indicate you need an updated driver for your card maybe

My driver is version 20.4.2, released yesterday (26th). Still errors. 20.2.2 and 19.12.2 give the error as well. 

51 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Does it still happen with minimum settings?

Yes, eveything is on turned down and off. 

51 minutes ago, SteveW said:

F-35A Lightning II KRND Randolph AFB. Also tried a few others.

The last few hours I spent on trying all aircraft types at KRND. I found that only 4 aircraft give the error:

• Lockheed CUASE
    • atikmpag.sys / Tdr failure
  • F-16
    • "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware", g2d.dll in the event log.
  • F-35
    • DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, g2d.dll in the event log.
  • Turboprop Trainer Aircraft (TTA)
    • Complete GPU crash, no errors in the event log.

All the other aircraft are working fine.

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

Are you talking about CTDs or DGXI errors?

First comes the DGXI error. Whatever menu-option I click, the CTD follows.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

7 minutes ago, SoWxss said:

My driver is version 20.4.2, released yesterday (26th). Still errors. 20.2.2 and 19.12.2 give the error as well. 

Yes, eveything is on turned down and off. 

The last few hours I spent on trying all aircraft types at KRND. I found that only 4 aircraft give the error:

• Lockheed CUASE
    • atikmpag.sys / Tdr failure
  • F-16
    • "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware", g2d.dll in the event log.
  • F-35
    • DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, g2d.dll in the event log.
  • Turboprop Trainer Aircraft (TTA)
    • Complete GPU crash, no errors in the event log.

All the other aircraft are working fine.

Can you check out your system drivers also:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/video-tdr-failure-atikmpag-sys-windows-10-solved/

17 minutes ago, SoWxss said:

Please see this thread for AMD issues 🙂

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136854&start=165

I have posted in there too. Hopefully issue fixed in HF2 soon. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Hopefully it's a problem P3D can fix - basically GPU access is abstract with device capabilities - from there it could be a fault in P3D but more likely a fault in the driver.

I had a good flight after a Device Hung by setting in Nvidia profile Inspector the MultiDisplay/Mixed GPU setting from Single Display Performance (default) to Compatibility Performance Mode. New drivers installed before the Device Hung flight. Changed this to Compatibility and the next flight was a success.

Interesting.
On my side, no more DGXI errors since the update to Win10 2004 (around 10 hours flight) with EA and 2048 textures.
P3D v5 is really awesome 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Currently updating to the latest NVIDIA Drivers 446.14 which gives support for Windows 10 2004. I'm hoping that was the reason why I got the DGXI errors. Always happen on the ground at an airport.

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Interesting.
On my side, no more DGXI errors since the update to Win10 2004 (around 10 hours flight) with EA and 2048 textures.

Indeed sir 🙂

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Interesting.

And all it takes is a $1,200 video card. Love it!

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Same here 😄

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

On 5/28/2020 at 9:40 PM, Chapstick said:

And all it takes is a $1,200 video card. Love it!

How did you fix your DGXI errors with a $1200 video card?

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

_https://dropmefiles.net/ru/UaYMyNK

put in to p3d folder with the replacement

38 minutes ago, ILS37 said:

_https://dropmefiles.net/ru/UaYMyNK

put in to p3d folder with the replacement

You might want to explain why you want people to replace this key DirectX file. This file is used by P3d5 to compile the HLSL shader source code. 

• Upvote 1