Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

I have no more error dgxi error device hung after replacement. My system is win10 2004/ gf2080ti, file from folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 another version. I have fact but can't explain.

17 minutes ago, ILS37 said:

folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64

If you took it from that folder, it  would be a 32 bit version and I wonder how P3d5 uses it at all. P3d5 could still call this DLL, but it could only access resources in the DLL and not the code. The DLL is actually loaded by gd2.dll, which is called by Prepar3D.exe. Loading this 32 bit DLL might prevent other versions of this DLL from being loaded by P3d5. What's interesting is that the P3d5 folder contains an older 64 bit version of this file 10.0.17134.12 (WinBuild.160101.0800) to compile shader HLSL source.  The 64 bit version of d3dcompiler_47.dll in the Windows system 32 folder is 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800). The P3d5 folder also has a 64 bit version of d3dcompiler_43.dll (9.29.952.3111).

I should add here that it's not unusual for an app to call it's own version of a system dll.

About this file I found information on some site where the log was discussed error but in another game. I don't know, initially he was in my folder or got there when installing anything. But the replacement helped. The error appeared immediately when the VR is disabled in the p3d menu. Now all the settings are maximum. all OK

Edited by ILS37

3 hours ago, ILS37 said:

About this file I found information on some site where the log was discussed error but in another game. I don't know, initially he was in my folder or got there when installing anything. But the replacement helped. The error appeared immediately when the VR is disabled in the p3d menu. Now all the settings are maximum. all OK

This looks very promising ILS37. I would get DEVICE_HUNG error within 60 mins no matter default or addins used. With this, have completed a 4 hour, 4 leg flights without any trouble for the first time. On the last 1 hour leg, I increased autogen distance and loaded in addin airports without restarting the sim and still went without issue. Fingers crossed, this could be the workaround some people have been looking for!

Edited by daelight

14 hours ago, ILS37 said:

_https://dropmefiles.net/ru/UaYMyNK

put in to p3d folder with the replacement

proper link please

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I did something similar to ILS37, but just used my own d3dcompiler_47.dll located in c:\Windows\System32.

I backed up the existing file in my p3d folder then I copied it from System32 into my P3Dv5 folder.

I've since maxed out my texture resolution and EA cloud resolution and no issues now.

Haven't had a device hung error since!

Edited by itsjase

I would think that if you "hide" the d3dcompiler_47.dll file (in a backup directory )  in P3Dv5 that when it is started, it would just find the one in the WIndows directory?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Anyone ever figure out what causes this?  I installed V5 and can't get it past initial startup.  Using a default AC and random airport my vram was at 3.4/5 so it's not that.   Drivers are updated as is windows.  I use a 1060 if that matters.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

2 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

my vram was at 3.4/5 so it's not that. 

Well, that's not quite true. As the sim loads and unloads textures, it creates a lot of small fragments of "usable" VRAM. Over time, the number of these fragments adds up. They still contribute to the free VRAM pool. Eventually, the sim requests a block of VRAM that exceeds the largest block of VRAM available.

Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

Well, that's not quite true. As the sim loads and unloads textures, it creates a lot of small fragments of "usable" VRAM. Over time, the number of these fragments adds up. They still contribute to the free VRAM pool. Eventually, the sim requests a block of VRAM that exceeds the largest block of VRAM available.

Do you think an overlimit block request is still possible with 3.6 / 9.2 gb?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

28 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yeah it's possible.  If I drop my settings way down I don't have the issue but as soon as I load the Aerosoft buses or any other non default AC I get the crash.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I notice using ASP3D and AIG traffic after loadup i minimize the risk. I see the D3d compiler thing sometimes.

Switching to much between fullscreen and window mode can give me a device hung error.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I figured out how to fix this. The issue is with windows in my case. Check to see if you have the Windows 10 2004 update. This update addresses Vram DX12 issues. I installed this update and P3D V5 no longer crashes with that error.

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

23 hours ago, CaptBmckay said:

I figured out how to fix this. The issue is with windows in my case. Check to see if you have the Windows 10 2004 update. This update addresses Vram DX12 issues. I installed this update and P3D V5 no longer crashes with that error.

Can you post the update code?

thanks 

mike