Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

That error can happen if multiple monitors are in use with varying refresh rate, 

to resolve match all monitors to use the same refresh rate,

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, iCann said:

That error can happen if multiple monitors are in use with varying refresh rate, 

to resolve match all monitors to use the same refresh rate,

Interesting observations, I am running 3 different refresh rates and have this error regularly. I am going to try setting all to 60Hz and I'll report back. Do you have any further information/documentation on varying refresh rates being a known cause? 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

On 8/21/2020 at 2:49 AM, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Do you have Enhanced Atmospherics (beta) turned on?

Yes.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Anyone using latest nvidia inspector?
if so is it working well? Without any ctd?

i think that’s what was causing dxgi device hung error for me.

thanks 

3 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Anyone using latest nvidia inspector?
if so is it working well? Without any ctd?

i think that’s what was causing dxgi device hung error for me.

thanks 

Simple to test remove NV from the sim and test, i never use it i found long ago outside tweaking can make things worse.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Simple to test remove NV from the sim and test, i never use it i found long ago outside tweaking can make things worse.

I will test.

thanks

Mike

5 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

NVI is a tool that makes persistent changes to the video subsystem's registry settings, so disabling or removing it after you've used it won't work...you also have to remove any altered settings NVI made/changed in any previous session.  That can be done by using nVidia Control Panel (or NVI, for that matter) to reset the default settings for P3D.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I did not read all of the contributions here, but I would like to testify my case, to try to help others.

I use Nvidia 1070FTW GPU and Ryzen 9 CPU.

And obviously P3D V5.

What I have here is PMDG 737NGXu rock solid OK could not cause one crash at all, using UTL, FSFlightControl, Active Sky, ATC open and running, night flights, in crowded airports.

Never crashed. And good frame rate.

The same happens with FSLabs 320X, also solid and acceptable frame rate.

But Aerosoft Airbus Professional and Feelthere Embraer 195 ALLWAYS crash. I am sure it is an aircraft addon causing that.

No use at all to edit register or close ATC.

Maybe PMDG and FSLabs could sell the other guys what is the secret 🙂

Regards, hope this helps progress of humanity.

Interesting....  I too have had 0 issues with the PMDG NGXu, but every other aircraft I have used in P3Dv5 has crashed

I recently started having this error with P3Dv5 and my 2080TI. Nothing had changed except I had updated to the latest “game ready” driver. As someone suggested elsewhere (maybe even in this topic), I removed the game ready driver and replaced it with the studio driver and haven’t had the error since. 

• Like 1

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

On 9/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, IUBrian said:

I recently started having this error with P3Dv5 and my 2080TI. Nothing had changed except I had updated to the latest “game ready” driver. As someone suggested elsewhere (maybe even in this topic), I removed the game ready driver and replaced it with the studio driver and haven’t had the error since. 

Yessir, it worked for me too, with studio driver 430.86. Thanks for that...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My solution for all GPU errors and flickering simconnect menu was:

Open NVIDIA Control Panel. Click on 3D Settings → Manage 3D settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and locate the Threaded Optimization. Change the value to Off.

Hope that helps

Kind regards from Austria
Herbert

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CJ4, Learjet 35A, Air Manager, PF3, Navigraph

Actually i am using 7 Monitors with different refresh rates. I have this error since V5 (never had it before). 

My Workaround:

Activate DEBUG MODE in Nvidia Control Panel (never had crashes ever since)

Like already mentioned i also installed NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER instead NVIDIA GAME READY DRIVER - seems to be more stable for P3D.

Greets from LOWG,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

Thanks a lot Markus.

I might also do as you did, just to be on the save side.

• Like 1

Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CJ4, Learjet 35A, Air Manager, PF3, Navigraph

On 10/3/2020 at 11:02 PM, Puukka said:

My solution for all GPU errors and flickering simconnect menu was:

Open NVIDIA Control Panel. Click on 3D Settings → Manage 3D settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and locate the Threaded Optimization. Change the value to Off.

Hope that helps

Kind regards from Austria
Herbert

Many thanks Herbert, really helped me out! I am using 3 TVs in home cockpit and did not have any crashes in P3DV4, with version 5 finally had very smooth performance but occasional crashes, your solution solved the problem!

Kind regards,

Sergej