Sign in to follow this  
767lover

please, river rapids

3 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

I cross that river almost every day and in summer take a swim in it as often as I can and there‘s always a lot of traffic going on. 

Same here, aprox. 500 km downstream from you 😉

8 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Same here, aprox. 500 km downstream from you 😉

Nice. It must be even busier there. Cologne?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Nice. It must be even busier there. Cologne?

👍😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bonchie said:

My main concern now is water color. One of the worst parts of XP11 is the dark blue water in the Carribean and blue water in muddy rivers. MSFS has to get water classes incorporated.

I also think the water colour on P3D v5 is wrong at distance, close up it's fairly decent. So all the sims have work to do regarding water.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:43 AM, Dominique_K said:

I beg to differ. Water is definitely a weak point  so far.

We have seen a few nice shots like the Arcachon Bay in France but besides, we have seen so far that rivers and tropical costal waters are uniformly  blue. No silt, no coral reef.  

There was a great shot of Donegal, Ireland - in the Airports video. If you slow it down you can see the whitecaps of the waves just about crashing onto the beach (right side of the clip), threatening storm clouds in the distance and the wind clearly having an effect on the wave heights.  Looked promising, for the blink or two of the eye one could see it.

I will admit some of the wave action, a sort of dark, curved line too-uniformly warping toward the shore, in the Pre-Alpha B Roll wasn't especially great, but it being Pre-Alpha that was totally to be expected and has since been improved upon.

There was also an alpha tester image (think someone said it was offshore of Oman?), pretty big waves showing as a the plane flew low over the sea . . . no silt, no uniformly blue water (yet 🙂 ).  I do wish to see rapids and moving rivers as I want to do bush flying in BC and Alaska.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:29 AM, Shack95 said:

I think this is pretty convincing. But yes, apart from that I agree that there's still some work to do.

z8NCD6L.jpg

Ah, this is the image I was referring to in my other reply - when this clip is moving, it really looked quite nice.

36 minutes ago, Far_Isle_Pilot said:

Ah, this is the image I was referring to in my other reply - when this clip is moving, it really looked quite nice.

but in this image the ocean move because the wind is over 40 knots if there less than 10 the ocean is calm as a lake

On 4/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, eaim said:

I also think the water colour on P3D v5 is wrong at distance, close up it's fairly decent. So all the sims have work to do regarding water.

Nothing beats how horrible water is in XP 11, nothing. You can go out there and you'll find a better water. FSX, P3D, DCS, Il2 Sturmovik. Okay, only Aerofly FS2 have one which is worse but that's it.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On 4/29/2020 at 5:00 AM, eaim said:

but it's still vastly superior to water in nearly all aspects to the other current sims.

Absolutely agree, no other flight sim comes even close. The water is the first thing I noticed.

Edited by michal

Talking about water, anyone remember the streams from the first trailer? I think @Noooch notice them first. Those weird “waves” over the water. 

I don’t remember seeing them on the alpha photos. I revised all updates until February and nothing. Maybe those has been cut from the sim, or maybe water is WIP yet (which explains the lack of coast lines and water colors) 

Yes, in the first trailer in the Dubai shot. That was unreal to have those streams in a flight sim I hope there will still be present!

I don't know about fishing, but if MSFS doesn't have an accurate climate change model built into the sim complete with Icebergs and Antarctic Ice shelves breaking off from the mainland obviously complete with Polar Bears and Seals...... then I'm out.....

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.