Sign in to follow this  
747dash8

Aircraft Carriers vs Mesh

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the aircraft carriers in FS2004 and how the mesh affects it.

I have several different mesh installed in my FS2004. However all the default aircraft carriers are getting displayed in wierd way.
See image below, I have installed West Coast mesh for US and this the aircraft carrier at San Diego.

https://imgur.com/l6iM5jD

Is there any way to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Nish

Hi Nish.

Welcome to Avsim!

Can you disable the mesh without also disabling the carrier? (should be easy if the two are in separate scenery layers)

Does the sea then flatten out correctly and the carrier reappear?

D

Nish,

Could you please post your problem carrier file name and where you downloaded it from. I would like to take a look at it myself to see if I can find any of the problems you are having trouble with.

The reason I ask this is that there should normally never be any mesh scenery on sea areas nor do I know of any FS9 "default" carriers but only of addon scenery ones.

Regards

Hans

Sorry for the late reply guys. 

Hans I did not download any aircraft carriers. The ones near San Diego North Island, if I am not mistaken, are always there as default. The only thing I did is put mesh. Infact all aicraft carriers in FS2004 for me are submerged in water with AI traffic still operating on them.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, 747dash8 said:

Sorry for the late reply guys. 

Hans I did not download any aircraft carriers. The ones near San Diego North Island, if I am not mistaken, are always there as default. The only thing I did is put mesh. Infact all aicraft carriers in FS2004 for me are submerged in water with AI traffic still operating on them.

What do you see if you disable the West Coast mesh?

Hey Guys,

I stand corrected. The carriers appear in my addon scenery even when I do not recollect installing them.
Thus, I presume they get installed when I installed MyTraffic (AI Traffic).

Interestingly, even after disabling or changing sequence of the West Coast Mesh, it does not solve the problem.
Even with default scenery; they are full of water as the pictures in my first post.

Cheers,

N

That's surely a problem with the carriers then. Even with default scenery, sea level presumably being the elevation datum, the surface will be at the same altitude and any alteration will still stand out.

If you know what scenery layer they're in, it shouldn't be a huge task to narrow things down to the specific bgl. Disable a handful at a time by moving them into a temporary folder. I think you'll have to restart FS9 each time, which is a bit of a nuisance but it's a surefire way of finding the culprit.

If you haven't identified the scenery layer you can do the same with them -- disable a few at a time.

Looking again at your screenie, I wonder if they are oversized flatten polygons to allow you to land on the carriers' decks. If they have airport files as well then the simplest correction may be to delete the flattens (if possible...) and to add apron polygons instead. If they don't, someone else may have to suggest something.

D

Edited by Dave Morgan

Tried removing every mesh / scenery addon linked to it and results = Same

Thus, I presume it is due to the MyTraffic addon where in it positions AI Navy traffic on to the carrier.

Thanks for the help, but I will have to ignore this anomaly for now sadly!

Cheers,
N