Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

LatinVFR for v4...caused stutters in v5

Just a FYI.

I installed all my LatinVFR for v4.x airports today. After installation, I checked out Key West, and for the first time, I had micro pause/stutter in my animation.  Taking off and at taxi...had the pause/stutter.  Until my LatinVFR installs, P3D v5 was as smooth as a baby's butt!  So, I went into my Add-On's..and unchecked each airport.  Dropped out of v5...went into my Documents Folder/P3D v5 Add-On folder and deleted all my LatinVFR installs.  Ran V5...and all back to smooth as a baby's butt.  So...if you start to get stutters..or before you ever ran v5 before installing all your not-truly-meant-for-v5-installation installer's...your in-sim stutter, could be from HAVING installed a product not originally intended for v5 (obviously...) and or NOT waiting to read from the Dev, that their v4.x products works 100 percent, with installing in v5, (without a dedicated v5 installer).

A bit like orbx then. Those sceneries cause stutter too. Regardless of FPS, they just don’t push the scenery through fast enough. Popping and stuttering in dense areas. 

19 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I installed all my LatinVFR for v4.x airports today.

You may already know this, but LVFR has many v5 versions available.  They have free updates for all of the ones I own and plenty others also.  Would be interesting if you did the test after installing the same set of airports with the v5 installers.  Are there still stutters caused by them even with v5 installers? 

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

You may already know this, but LVFR has many v5 versions available.  They have free updates for all of the ones I own and plenty others also.  Would be interesting if you did the test after installing the same set of airports with the v5 installers.  Are there still stutters caused by them even with v5 installers? 

I wasn't aware of the v5 installers.  I'll check that out. I only have at present all the v4.x ones.  I'll source them out, and then reinstall and see what's what.

Post Edit: Just went to their site and all their products still say for P3Dv4.  Did you confuse version Miami v5 as a v5 installer?  

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Many of my LVFR products have P3Dv5 installers showing up in the Simmarket downloads and I got an e-mail from lvfr saying kmsy was updated with a v5 installer, which I have installed successfully.

I downloaded free from my Simmarket account and installed eight LatinVFR sceneries for P3Dv5 three days ago and they are all performing in P3Dv5 as expected.  No performance issues.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

20 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I wasn't aware of the v5 installers.  I'll check that out. I only have at present all the v4.x ones.  I'll source them out, and then reinstall and see what's what.

Post Edit: Just went to their site and all their products still say for P3Dv4.  Did you confuse version Miami v5 as a v5 installer?  

Weird. When I log in and look at my downloads, I see this list include v5 versions for all of them:

q5V825Q.png

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I had the same issue, i raised a ticket and was told i could buy the v5 version!!!!

When i replied that there was supposed to be a free upgrade they hav not replied

Pete Little

Just now, mazelda said:

I had the same issue, i raised a ticket and was told i could buy the v5 version!!!!

When i replied that there was supposed to be a free upgrade they hav not replied

LOL.... where did you purchase the v4 versions which location Pete?  My Simmarket account downloads page had a v5 installer for all I owned but I don't own a few.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have been able to download free installers for all of the v5 airports that I own, which is almost all of them.  I bought from pcaviator, simmarket and the latinvfr store.  Note you likely need to own the latest v4 version of the airport in question in order to get the v5 upgrade.  I doubt they are providing free upgrades for earlier versions of Miami as an example

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Bought at sim market my downloads show i can download fsx and p3dv4  miami which was bought last year  will have to wait and see 

Pete Little

I was going to buy kfll at sim market but when i checked the latin vfr site it is $8 cheaper so no money for sim market and no hassle

Pete Little

20 minutes ago, downscc said:

I downloaded free from my Simmarket account and installed eight LatinVFR sceneries for P3Dv5 three days ago and they are all performing in P3Dv5 as expected.  No performance issues.

OK...I'll go there then. Thanks for the FYI.

23 hours ago, mazelda said:

I was going to buy kfll at sim market but when i checked the latin vfr site it is $8 cheaper so no money for sim market and no hassle

Until it comes time for updates. Simmarket sends a nice notification of any updates and those are easily found in your downloads account.  I'm a little slow and have poor memory and never remember where I bought something and have to search for a copy of the sales receipt from years past.  Give a choice, I buy from SimMarket and alternatively the developer if they don't re-market their product.  Just keeps things easier with 140+ addons.

Dan Downs KCRP