Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Eaglesoft still in business?

18 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Amen

Though I wouldn't be so hard on ES.  In years past they've made the best bizjets products.  If they think 32bit is a market they'll do what they think is best for them!

I believe they are still creating the 64bit version of their xls, along with Citation X for p3d and Challenger

Yep and im sure they will release it for P3Dv4 after we start migrating to MSFSv2 or v3

Juan Ramos

56 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Amen

Though I wouldn't be so hard on ES.  In years past they've made the best bizjets products.  If they think 32bit is a market they'll do what they think is best for them!

I believe they are still creating the 64bit version of their xls, along with Citation X for p3d and Challenger

Agreed, when they were developing for FS9 and FSX they were top of the line.  My first ever  flight sim aircraft purchase was the Beechjet 400A Hawker and I loved that plane !  I went on to buy all their business jets for 32 bit sims and then P3Dv4 was released.  I wish they had continued to develop for 64 bit but they never really jumped into that market.  For the last few years they have advertised the 64 bit (XLS+, Challenger, and the Citation X) but I fear if and when that ever happens we will have  moved on to MSFS 2020.  I wish them well and maybe some day in the 2020's we shall see them again 👀👍

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

I guess it is the price they pay for slow development. Things change and they either have to constantly update their models or draw a line in the sand and stop at a much outdated sim version.
Its a moving feast and they don't appear to be at the table..

Cheers

Steve Hall

XLS+ for 32 Bit Platforms was our last build for the Generation Three Corporate Series.

XLS+, CX 750, and Challenger 605. Generation Four Corporate Series for 64 Bit Platforms is in progress as we speak and we'll announce something in due season.

We ignore detractors and/or sour grapes "experts" and advise others to do the same.😎

Edited by N400QW
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I can only echo what others already said: top of the line biz aircraft developer for FS9. I purchased every single one of their aircrafts.

They lost their way, lost interest or whatever and never really seem to have gotten around familiarizing themselves with the 64 bit platform.

Their latest release was for the 32bit version of P3D.......

Hard to argue against the Flysimware Lear and Falcon. Awesome addons, and the developers are very active with users on the forums. Worth every dollar.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

Hard to argue against the Flysimware Lear and Falcon. Awesome addons, and the developers are very active with users on the forums. Worth every dollar.

If flysimware had better vc textures I'd buy all of them addons.Maybe it's just me but they their textures look a bit cartoonish.

I can't wait to throw them my money for a 64-bit Citation X - heck I'd take the old one in 64bit. It was a dream machine.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

21 minutes ago, severniae said:

I can't wait to throw them my money for a 64-bit Citation X - heck I'd take the old one in 64bit. It was a dream machine.

That VC was horrid!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I agree about VC quality. An aircraft addon could have the best systems depth/flight dynamics/sounds/3D model/animations in the world of flight simulation, but if the quality of the VC is not up to scratch, then I am out. Let's face it, that's where I spend all of my time during a flight.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The VC wasn't quite as horrid as the original release! They did improve it a tad, but yes it does need some update. But it arguably still stands as the highest fidelity biz-jet in flightsim. Though I'll be interested to see the Hotstart Challenger once its released..

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

23 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I agree about VC quality. An aircraft addon could have the best systems depth/flight dynamics/sounds/3D model/animations in the world of flight simulation, but if the quality of the VC is not up to scratch, then I am out. Let's face it, that's where I spend all of my time during a flight.

Agreed completely.  I want PMDG like  graphics AND systems in a modern business jet and I'm willing to pay for someone to deliver. As of 2020, it's not out there.  We are very close with the Milviz King Air 350i EXCEPT it's not a jet and it's not completely ready for "prime time".  I am putting my hopes on a Lear 60 from them this year (but once again) we must be patient and dream.  Maybe in a year or two, we shall have a PMDG or FS Labs business jet to fly ! 😎

WAT1460.png

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

If flysimware had better vc textures I'd buy all of them addons.Maybe it's just me but they their textures look a bit cartoonish.

Check my posts, I'm a stickler for high def vc textures, so I was quite skeptical of the vc textures of the Falcon 50. Finally bought the Falcon 50 and must say I was pleasantly surprised. VC textures are fine, IMHO, maybe not Carenado level, but definitely not far behind. Sounds are excellent. Highly detailed modeling inside and out. I have it equipped with dual GTN 750s (sadly they don't crossfill) and the Rex Milviz weather radar. I feel that for a biz jet the Falcon 50 is probably as close as you can currently get to a "study level" biz jet.

I (re)bought the Citation X from Eaglesoft for use in FSX Steam but quickly uninstalled it because of the extremely poor vc textures.

I've said this many times, and I'll say it again: they used to be top notch.

I have serious doubts that they can reclaim their status as being "contenders".

20 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Maybe in a year or two, we shall have a PMDG or FS Labs business jet to fly ! 😎

I doubt it. It seems that most simmers just want to fly the boring Boeings or the automated Airbusses.

I'd be willing to pay for a highest level Citation X what I would never dream of paying either PMDG or FSLabs.

I was eagerly awaiting the release of the Milviz KingAir, in hopes of finally having a worthy successor the Aeroworx KingAir in my hangar. Unfortunately, Milviz can't get their act together in terms of releasing a service pack.