Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

Fantastic program thanks very much. I’m still playing around with it, some aircraft get to about 50-100 feet then get cold feet and go-around. 

After a few hours of running, planes are circling like 4-5nm near the airport, runway got locked by a landing cleared AI circling around somewhere with go arounds and no take offs taking place. Suggest not taking control of AI closer than ~10nm from landing runway and placing holding spot a minimum of that distance away to avoid landing clearance.

Program failed to detect ini when autostarted from p3d xml method, had to move the ini to sim root folder to be detected if that is normal?

Also does the program deal with AI destined for different runways distinctly i.e. ignore their separation? As the AI destination runway identifier is not mentioned only airport icao is in the information messages.

Edited by him225

Thanks for the utility. On may way to test AI separation.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Roland @Clipper Ocean Spray,

Thank you very much for those tools. After trying them out  in the past weeks I have to say that they work very nicely and that they are a real enhancement for AI. Two ideas/observations for AI Ground that I came up with during my tests:

1) Could the control surface check be made optional via the ini? Right now, some models like the FSPXAI's will deploy their reversers during the check.
2) Could AI Ground also improve the pushback phase and extend the push to the taxiway. This would suppress the awful 180° turn of the AI aircraft.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is like flying in real world (as much as possible)... I set these two programs within my .bat file for starting HiFi weather programs and P3D. Most interesting thing was (after reading that it did not matter if your programs were started before or after P3D) finding how in depth your programming is. In my .bat file I started you progs before P3d, and in the dos boxes I could follow the procession of your's, continuing to try to find the P3D program. It never gave up. Of course it couldn't find P3D because it hadn't set itself up yet. Finally P3D was established and your progs hooked in. I'll re-write my .bat and start your's after P3D has established itself in memory. No since in AIGround and AIFLow having to work so hard. Thanks for having the gumption to continue to work on these two programs!

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you so much for developing these programs...and for free!  They are a huge improvement.  I won't fly into a busy airport without them.  Thanks again

PS.  love the movement effect on landing aircraft.  Much more realistic

Edited by pads103
  • Like 1

Sorry guys, been sort of slow getting out the updates.  I'm "unofficially" providing a link to the latest revisions, which should provide a fix to the go-around issue in heavy approach traffic.

I haven't tested as much as I want to yet (I usually do a lot of routine flights with no code changes before I upload to the lib), but I'm providing them to get the go-around fix out there.

If you download and something doesn't work, please let me know here or via my email contact (readme.pdf) because these files are essentially beta.  Thanks!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rqrgmvnhy7nv4up/AIFlow_v110.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zutcuqua4sqhnvj/AIGround_v110.zip/file

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

thanks!!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Amazing job! Thanks. I've been AI spotting waiting for AS on V5.

Observation. Same 2 airplane have been put on hold for the same reason. In this case, if you knew that #2127 was but on hold because of #461, then don't put #461 on hold too

*********************************************************************************************************************
JERSEY Flight 2127 (G-FLBA) projected to be too close to SPEED BIRD Flight 461 (G-VIIC).
AI will be placed into temporary circling hold at altitude = 14000 ft.
Approaching airport EGLL.
*********************************************************************************************************************

/ User's aircraft is nearest EGLL.  ||Temporarily squawk 1234 to disable landings if departing a busy runway.  ||

SPEED BIRD Flight 461 (G-VIIC) projected to be too close to JERSEY Flight 2127 (G-FLBA).
AI will be placed into temporary circling hold at altitude = 20000 ft.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

9 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

This is like flying in real world (as much as possible)... I set these two programs within my .bat file for starting HiFi weather programs and P3D. Most interesting thing was (after reading that it did not matter if your programs were started before or after P3D) finding how in depth your programming is. In my .bat file I started you progs before P3d, and in the dos boxes I could follow the procession of your's, continuing to try to find the P3D program. It never gave up. Of course it couldn't find P3D because it hadn't set itself up yet. Finally P3D was established and your progs hooked in. I'll re-write my .bat and start your's after P3D has established itself in memory. No since in AIGround and AIFLow having to work so hard. Thanks for having the gumption to continue to work on these two programs!

I've added them to my exe.xml file by adding the lines in bold below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AIGround</Name>
    <Path>E:\P3D\AIGround\AIGround.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AIFlow</Name>

<Path>E:\P3D\AIFlow\AIFlow.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

MDFlier, do the programs find their .ini files that way? In my case, they don't.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 5/5/2020 at 5:45 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

1) Could the control surface check be made optional via the ini? Right now, some models like the FSPXAI's will deploy their reversers during the check.
2) Could AI Ground also improve the pushback phase and extend the push to the taxiway. This would suppress the awful 180° turn of the AI aircraft.

Re: 1, that's in the latest version (110) that I linked to in the thread.  Re: 2, to do that right I would need to know the taxi nodes and links.  My prior AIController read all that data from the bgl(s), but it was a lot more complicated program and I wasn't sure it was worth all the extra fuss.  Maybe there is a way I can do it using a bare bones approach.  What would you think if the AI pushed back to its normal point, then sort of did a tear drop 180 so that the AI ended up in approx. the same location, but pointed out to the apron?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 7:47 PM, vincentrouleau said:

Observation. Same 2 airplane have been put on hold for the same reason. In this case, if you knew that #2127 was but on hold because of #461, then don't put #461 on hold too

JERSEY Flight 2127 (G-FLBA) projected to be too close to SPEED BIRD Flight 461 (G-VIIC).
AI will be placed into temporary circling hold at altitude = 14000 ft.

/ User's aircraft is nearest EGLL.  ||Temporarily squawk 1234 to disable landings if departing a busy runway.  ||

SPEED BIRD Flight 461 (G-VIIC) projected to be too close to JERSEY Flight 2127 (G-FLBA).
AI will be placed into temporary circling hold at altitude = 20000 ft.

I thought I noticed a tango during earlier development, but I couldn't reproduce it when I went back to double check.  Thanks for confirming it.  I've spent a day trying to reproduce it at EGLL with insane traffic densities, but I just haven't be able to.

Here's a link to a fix I'm pretty sure will work, unfortunately as mentioned, I can't reproduce the situation the new code is designed to fix. 😉  Please give it a try, maybe you'll have better luck.  One situation the new code won't handle:  the first AI causes a second AI to hold, and then a significant amount of time later the second AI causes the first AI to hold (rationale: good chance there will be a new traffic situation at that point instead of the earlier tango).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n5gc9pwpug70fk2/AIFlow_v110HF1.zip/file

• Like 2