Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

Great, thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 5/6/2020 at 2:04 AM, d.tsakiris said:

MDFlier, do the programs find their .ini files that way? In my case, they don't.

Dimitrios, I have no idea how I missed your post until a few minutes ago. My apologies. I was going to tell you that I had never changed any of the options as I was still investigating what the base program did first, and that I would be more that happy to test it. Then...

4 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

MDFlier and Dimitrios, thanks for the suggestions, very good point, here's a link to a fix:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/63z47i50t4mdsh9/AIGround_v110HF1.zip/file

Thank you Roland. Nice work on the tools! I appreciate your efforts to make my sim better.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

7 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Re: 2, to do that right I would need to know the taxi nodes and links.  My prior AIController read all that data from the bgl(s), but it was a lot more complicated program and I wasn't sure it was worth all the extra fuss.  Maybe there is a way I can do it using a bare bones approach.  What would you think if the AI pushed back to its normal point, then sort of did a tear drop 180 so that the AI ended up in approx. the same location, but pointed out to the apron?

Could it be done with MakeRwys' G5/T5.csv?

And I'd rather it do 90 but IDK how to determin whch way to turn for AI.....

Thank you Roland for this fantastic program!!!

Warmest and Best Wishes and please BE SAFE....everyone.

BobM.

Bob M

Hi Roland, thanks for these wonderful tools ! They make the sim more realistic that way.

One question: does AI Flow allow - or force - for parallel landings when possible (// runways and heavy traffic for example) or is this left to P3D AI engine decision ? 

I know it's a little out of the regular usage of these cool tools, but it seems I can scare some AI when in slew mode 😉

And no misunderstanding : AIFlow and AIGround are great when (sim)flying in a normal way.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

have you tried this setting in the .ini file ?  

USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0 

this is intended to avoid such behaviour if my understanding is correct

On 5/1/2020 at 8:37 PM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Thanks, let me think about the first item.  The second item, I've put into the revision I'm working on, which should be out soon.

Roland, Are you still planning on implementing the simconnect widow fix? I've installed your latest updates, but I'm still getting the overlay messages. I have about 20 minutes sitting at the gate before my flight plan gets created and uploaded by the FMS and these messages keep popping up every minute or so... 

I just paused my pre-flight to shutdown AIFlow until I get further along...

Changing it to a 'once per occurrence' message would work, too. No need to have it repeat. I'm 100% aware that I have not yet loaded a flight plan.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, pmemery said:

have you tried this setting in the .ini file ?  

USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0 

this is intended to avoid such behaviour if my understanding is correct

On 4/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Vincent, if you want to turn off separation between the user's aircraft and AI, add this line to AIFlow.ini:  USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0

The program will still separate the AI.

Regards, Roland.

Yep, it's what Roland suggest earlier last month 😉

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:46 AM, pmemery said:

Hi Roland, thanks for these wonderful tools ! They make the sim more realistic that way.

One question: does AI Flow allow - or force - for parallel landings when possible (// runways and heavy traffic for example) or is this left to P3D AI engine decision ? 

It is left to the P3D AI engine decision, but the Airport Design Editor (ADE) will allow you to modify landing preferences at airports.

19 hours ago, vbazillio said:

I know it's a little out of the regular usage of these cool tools, but it seems I can scare some AI when in slew mode

Lol, nice video!  It is the anti runway incursion option, which designed to prevent the default P3D AI engine from allowing AI to enter/cross the runway on takeoffs/landings.  The intended use case here is final approach.  🙂  There's some more info. in the readme.  I wasn't sure whether I should leave that feature on or off by default since the results can be surprising if you're not expecting it.  To disable, add this to AIFlow.ini:    AIAntiRunwayIncursion=0

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Roland, Are you still planning on implementing the simconnect widow fix? I've installed your latest updates, but I'm still getting the overlay messages. I have about 20 minutes sitting at the gate before my flight plan gets created and uploaded by the FMS and these messages keep popping up every minute or so... 

It is in there in the latest beta I linked to on this thread:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/n5gc9pwpug70fk2/AIFlow_v110HF1.zip/file

To disable in-sim messages, make sure this is in the .ini file:  InSimMessageLevel=0

If the messages keep popping out during a session, that might be the warning about a simconnect bug, where simconnect sometimes doesn't return airport info. in the user's current reality bubble.  Those messages can't be turned off because that is a show stopper for AIFlow (not being able to determine the user's current airport), hence the periodic warning messages.  To fix the issue in the sim when you do get those warning messages:  BUILD (not load) and activate a P3D flight plan using your current ICAO as the "departure location."  The flight plan can be a simple GPS direct IFR to any arbitrary destination.  After activating the plan, the messages should stop and you'll get one message stating the correct ICAO was detected.  At that point if you don't need the plan, you can clear it.

I've notified LM about the simconnect bug, hopefully they'll eventually correct it.

1 hour ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

🙂  There's some more info. in the readme.  I wasn't sure whether I should leave that feature on or off by default since the results can be surprising if you're not expecting it.  To disable, add this to AIFlow.ini:    AIAntiRunwayIncursion=0

Thanks for the reminder to read the... readme. I suggest this a lot of time when trying to help others and you catch me 😉 

Totally different thing I'm not sure at all if it was related but it happened to me yesterday evening when approaching San Francisco. I was lucky to be cleared, in a great approach sequence (thanks to your tool), number 2 behind Air France A380. I'm french, so it was unexpected. BUT the A380 made a (very) short STOL landing and vacated first right on runway 28R 😉

znGKQKE.jpg

I know there's no real solution for these AI's to land with a decent length of rolling. And that changing AI parameters for landing rolling distance will affect accordingly the way they taxi. But this one was surprisingly short. It killed the immersive experience. By any chance, is this could be related to AIFLOW ?

Thank you again Roland, your tools enhance my sim experience.

Vincent B.