Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

20.0? That high?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I'm using 30 - results in most of my aircraft using 1/2 to 3/4 length of major runways.  At 40, they use the entire runway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pads103 said:

I'm using 30 - results in most of my aircraft using 1/2 to 3/4 length of major runways.  At 40, they use the entire runway

Tried 30 for the braking scalar at KMSP 30L and the plane finally stopped just south of St. Cloud. I'm exaggerating, but it did go off the runway. Trying 15.0 now.

Not sure if this matters but I am using the AIG AIM program for traffic BGLs.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

The readme file said start at 10 for AIG so that's what I set mine at, but I haven't tried it yet.

- Aaron

I tried "AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=30", with FLAi (injected by UTL), and just saw a A320 making a great landing, long rolling (cool !) then raising the nose, leave the ground 10 meters and land again on 28L of KSFO 😉

Will continue to experiment. Thanks to Rolland and this community.

EDIT : add the youtube video for AILANDINGBRAKESCALAR=30 and after 2 more tests :

• 20 is a little bit too long so far... a little ibt
  • Currently testing AILANDINGBRAKESCALAR=17

I suspect the impact of AILANDINGBRAKESCALAR could be dependent of the AI model configuration as well. Most of my AI are injected by UTL but models and liveries come from FLAi

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Thank you for the update, Roland. The new push back is a welcomed enhancement and I really like the landing brake scalar setting. 

• Upvote 3

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone see the SimConnect bug where it can't find the nearest ICAO like 95% of the time? I really hope LM fixes this soon. Even if I create a flight plan it still can't find it. (None of this is the fault of the author, of course!)

Thanks everyone for the comments and videos. 

Yes, the AILANDINGBRAKESCALAR scalar seems to have a non-linear effect as you increase it.  Up until a lower threshold, it doesn't have much effect.  Then, increasing it above the lower threshold starts increasing the landing roll significantly.  The upper threshold is reached when the AI looks like it is trying to take off again.  I would probably find an optimum value, then subtract about 3-5 from it.  Each AI set (e.g., default v. FLAi) seems to work best with an individually tuned value, so you could populate the .ini like this to alternate sets:

AILANDINGBRAKESCALAR=17 //FLAi

//AILANDINGBRAKESCALAR=30 //UTL

On 5/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Chapstick said:

Does anyone see the SimConnect bug where it can't find the nearest ICAO like 95% of the time? I really hope LM fixes this soon. Even if I create a flight plan it still can't find it. (None of this is the fault of the author, of course!)

I'm working on a revision that switches to a backup, external database when the simconnect bug occurs.  The switchover, when it does happen, increases the memory footprint of the program substantially and the CPU occupancy some, but it isn't too bad (I had been resisting it for those reasons and others).  I'll throw in an option to prevent the switchover for those users who have good success finding the nearest airports using simconnect, so they can keep the program running lightly as possible.

13 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Each AI set (e.g., default v. FLAi) seems to work best with an individually tuned value

I use both, so that's good news for me! 😄 Kidding aside, I guess I will have to use the lower of both settings and pretend that the airliners are all lightly loaded...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

13 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I use both, so that's good news for me! 😄 Kidding aside, I guess I will have to use the lower of both settings and pretend that the airliners are all lightly loaded...

😉Now that we have a braking scalar, maybe it would be better to think of the adjustable parameter in terms of time, such as a target landing roll time regardless of AI set being used?  Enter the target time (and also perhaps an initial scalar braking value) and the program adjusts the scalar on-the-fly to achieve the target time?    

Hi Roland,

Thank you for creating and sharing these wonderful utilities. I have a question and a suggestion that might be useful for other users.  Using the addon.xml, is there a way to auto start AIGround/ALFlow to the tray or minimized? 

Is possible to have AIFlow read my flight plan to identify both my starting ICAO and my arriving airport to allow AIFlow to manage the traffic to my final destination more efficiently? 

-Thanks, Scott

Scott Brown

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg  

Roland, your programs over the years have been fantastic, thank you so much for all you have done. I used to use the former AI Controller, and it was great to see AI aircraft following SID and STAR routes.

You've made an immense contribution to the AI side of things, attempting to fix an engine desperately in need of fixing.

A few things I would like to ask, and I have no idea if they are possible:

In terms of final approach spacing.............

At most busy airports in the World the final approach speed used by ATC is either 160 or 170kts to 4 miles. Is there any way your program can force all aircraft to fly at 160kts to 4 before allowing them to slow to landing speed? One of the problems with many AI FDE's is that they have wildly inconsistent approach speeds. I've seen some jets at 230kts on final and other ATR's doing 85kts on final.

Secondly is there any way of implementing say via an ini file a way to override the default final approach spacing value for specific runways?

A one size fits all value has its limitations. As an example for a runway at Hong Kong or Heathrow where it is solely used for landings could have a small value like 3 or 4 to jam as many arrivals in as possible. That value however won't work at an airport where departures and arrivals have to be mixed together, Gatwick for example, where a bigger value would be needed like 7 or 8 miles to create a gap.

Even at the same airport, different runways can be used in different modes and need differing values. At my local, YYZ for instance, when we triple the Southmost runway is landings only so a low spacing value could be used, but the Northenmost runway operates in mixed mode with arrivals and departures and needs a bigger value.

I'm wondering if its possible for AIFlow to use the default value but have a file where the user can customise different values for specific runways that can override the default?

Also wondering if its possible to use either AIFlow or AIGround to completely close certain runways for landings/departures and override the ATC engine scoring system? We've all seen traffic landing on runways set to closed in ADE, the most famous instance being RW18 at Frankfurt which is only ever used for departures, but its very difficult to close it completely. Would there be a way again perhaps with a cfg or ini file to set specific runways to be completely closed for either arrivals or departures in a way that can override the default engine assignment?

While thinking about it too, would there be a way to set a percentage of arrivals or departures to specific runways? At multi runway airports certain runways are often favoured for landings or departures, so where there might be 3 or 4 parallel runways one of them might get 65% of inbounds, another 50% departues, another 35% inbounds and the final one the other 50% of departures?

If any of this could be changed during runtime, it could even allow simulation of changing airport configurations during the day - Many airports will close certain runways at night, or otherwise have preferential systems for use during certain times of day - Brussels and Amsterdam come immediately to mind.

Sorry, lots of ideas, I do not know if any of it is possible. Being able to really customise various airports to mimic the real life operations would be absolutely huge.

Thank you for your time 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atco said:

Roland, your programs over the years have been fantastic, thank you so much for all you have done. I used to use the former AI Controller, and it was great to see AI aircraft following SID and STAR routes.

You've made an immense contribution to the AI side of things, attempting to fix an engine desperately in need of fixing.

A few things I would like to ask, and I have no idea if they are possible:

In terms of final approach spacing.............

At most busy airports in the World the final approach speed used by ATC is either 160 or 170kts to 4 miles. Is there any way your program can force all aircraft to fly at 160kts to 4 before allowing them to slow to landing speed? One of the problems with many AI FDE's is that they have wildly inconsistent approach speeds. I've seen some jets at 230kts on final and other ATR's doing 85kts on final.

Secondly is there any way of implementing say via an ini file a way to override the default final approach spacing value for specific runways?

A one size fits all value has its limitations. As an example for a runway at Hong Kong or Heathrow where it is solely used for landings could have a small value like 3 or 4 to jam as many arrivals in as possible. That value however won't work at an airport where departures and arrivals have to be mixed together, Gatwick for example, where a bigger value would be needed like 7 or 8 miles to create a gap.

Even at the same airport, different runways can be used in different modes and need differing values. At my local, YYZ for instance, when we triple the Southmost runway is landings only so a low spacing value could be used, but the Northenmost runway operates in mixed mode with arrivals and departures and needs a bigger value.

I'm wondering if its possible for AIFlow to use the default value but have a file where the user can customise different values for specific runways that can override the default?

Also wondering if its possible to use either AIFlow or AIGround to completely close certain runways for landings/departures and override the ATC engine scoring system? We've all seen traffic landing on runways set to closed in ADE, the most famous instance being RW18 at Frankfurt which is only ever used for departures, but its very difficult to close it completely. Would there be a way again perhaps with a cfg or ini file to set specific runways to be completely closed for either arrivals or departures in a way that can override the default engine assignment?

While thinking about it too, would there be a way to set a percentage of arrivals or departures to specific runways? At multi runway airports certain runways are often favoured for landings or departures, so where there might be 3 or 4 parallel runways one of them might get 65% of inbounds, another 50% departues, another 35% inbounds and the final one the other 50% of departures?

If any of this could be changed during runtime, it could even allow simulation of changing airport configurations during the day - Many airports will close certain runways at night, or otherwise have preferential systems for use during certain times of day - Brussels and Amsterdam come immediately to mind.

Sorry, lots of ideas, I do not know if any of it is possible. Being able to really customise various airports to mimic the real life operations would be absolutely huge.

Thank you for your time 🙂

We coded the ATC Explorer some time ago. I will be updating it to work in v5. There is a messaging system going on between the ATC and the AI, and there are ways to change the default behavior of a specific AI (change the parking index, or the landing runway, or several other instructions).

I will drop a line to request some testers to see what can be accomplished with this tool.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

5 hours ago, ScottB2 said:

Hi Roland,

Thank you for creating and sharing these wonderful utilities. I have a question and a suggestion that might be useful for other users.  Using the addon.xml, is there a way to auto start AIGround/ALFlow to the tray or minimized? 

I second this request if possible.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2