Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

58 minutes ago, hero93 said:

Hi Roland,

I still use your AI Controller 1.4 and it works satisfying with P3D v4.52.

Is there a setup where AI Controller can be used in combination with your new tools or will they interfere?

In my opinion there is nothing more exciting than AI following SIDs and STARs, so this has the highest priority for me.

How did you get it working in V4? I just keep getting scenery.cfg errors 

On 5/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Some updates:

AIFlow v1.1 HF3: https://www.mediafire.com/file/donrrkqljazpnn3/AIFlow_v110HF3.zip/file

Added: (1) start minimized; (2) periodic read of .ini file to aid tuning/tweaking (can save changes and keep AIFlow running); (3) auto switch to external airport database (included in package) if simconnect bug reading internal database; (3) option to specify min. AI approach speeds in terminal area (good for slower AI or AI in a long-slow approach from distance).

Wow! Again some very welcomed improvements. Thank so much, Roland!

Would it make any sense to include a maximum AI approach speed in addition to the minimum AI approach speed? This would slow down AI that is faster than the desired approach speed.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

If someone is spotting from the control tower only and not flying what are the best settings for the ini of ai flow?

If you are networked and ai flow is on the client....how would you use the xml's for add-ons or no..needs to be in p3dv4 addon without networking..

Thanks,

BobM.

Bob M

Hi Roland, 

I tried AiCull this morning at EHAM. For now, I still prefer the FSUIPC traffic limiter. When I choose A3 ( closest 25), the are really the closest to me. Only plane at gates E next to me would be there. I would prefer limiting randomly accross the IACO. Plus no new airplane would be allowed to spawn in the air. Every time P3D would spawn one, puff, it would get deleted. It would be better to prioritize sleeping airplanes.

Thanks for your work

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

6 hours ago, jonezy10 said:

How did you get it working in V4? I just keep getting scenery.cfg errors 

Under "Windows ProgramData Path for P3D" in the settings menu "Program Config Path" I link to a custom folder where I have a copy of the scenery.cfg created by the LorbySceneryExporter.

• Like 1

Daniel

5 minutes ago, hero93 said:

Under "Windows ProgramData Path for P3D" in the settings menu "Program Config Path" I link to a custom folder where I have a copy of the scenery.cfg created by the LorbySceneryExporter.

I'll have a go at this - been trying to get it working all day but the ai are not being assigned a runway when they exit the star so they dance around for a bit and go around. 

Have you managed to get the enhanced mode working?

So after a lot of testing I think using the AIflow with AIground are the best option. Tried using AIcontroller but had a lot of weird issues like planes literally getting stuck in mid air.

Just a suggestion with AI flow - rather then planes that encounter the ground before the runway leaving the area - is there any possible way to get them back on track rebounding them to 2500 - 3000ft or so allowing them to land properly? No idea if this is even possible.

Also what is interesting is I have used UTlive in the past (switched over to AIG recently after unknown problems stopping ai spawning at BIKF) - but I have noticed that the aircraft all spawn into the sim approx. 50nm or so away at much lower altitudes than standard BGL. files leading to less errors. - AIflow though helped me then as less spawn errors meant more go arounds.

Edited by jonezy10

On 5/25/2020 at 4:54 AM, hero93 said:

Hi Roland,

I still use your AI Controller 1.4 and it works satisfying with P3D v4.52.

Is there a setup where AI Controller can be used in combination with your new tools or will they interfere?

In my opinion there is nothing more exciting than AI following SIDs and STARs, so this has the highest priority for me.

That is interesting, glad to read you are still using it!  Wow, v1.4 goes back a ways!  Although I don't think I had a choice at the time, it turned out well that it was targeted it to the FSX vanilla simconnect libs.

It should be compatible with AIGround definitely.  Probably AICull too.  I don't remember off-hand is v1.4 had the old AICull version, but the latest version I'm working on now is better.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 6:37 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

Wow! Again some very welcomed improvements. Thank so much, Roland!

Would it make any sense to include a maximum AI approach speed in addition to the minimum AI approach speed? This would slow down AI that is faster than the desired approach speed.

Yes it would, I'm down in the weeds, thanks for the logical suggestion (that is very easy to implement as well).  BTW, the min. AI approach speed had some bugs (AI getting way off final approach descent profile) that will be fixed in the new hotfix.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 6:49 AM, unc1rlm said:

If someone is spotting from the control tower only and not flying what are the best settings for the ini of ai flow?

I

I think default, but set UserAISeparaonDistance = 0 just to be safe.  I would add AIBadApproachFilter = 1 because AI injected too high and too close really stink up the show (even if AIFlow will eventually get them landed, they go through unrealistic descents that may be visible from the control tower).  Also suggest AITerminalAreaMinSpeed = 170 and AITerminalAreaMaxSpeed = 210 (new option available to be available in latest hotfix) to get AI flying through terminal area at consistent range of speed.  Finally, INIPERIODICUPDATE=1 in case you want to tweak the settings on-the-fly.

I would also use AICull or another AI traffic limiter and set it to your current ICAO where you're watching in the control tower. 

On 5/25/2020 at 8:44 AM, vincentrouleau said:

Hi Roland, 

I tried AiCull this morning at EHAM. For now, I still prefer the FSUIPC traffic limiter. When I choose A3 ( closest 25), the are really the closest to me. Only plane at gates E next to me would be there. I would prefer limiting randomly accross the IACO. Plus no new airplane would be allowed to spawn in the air. Every time P3D would spawn one, puff, it would get deleted. It would be better to prioritize sleeping airplanes.

Thanks for your work

Nice description.  Makes sense and done.  The algorithm you outlined is working well and will be available in the latest AICull hotfix.  

This is what I have now as of your post for AI Ground..

AIARRIVALSPACING=2.0
USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0
AIMAXHOLDING=20
AITURBULENCESCALAR=1.0
AISPEEDSCALAR=1.0
AITURNSCALAR=1.0
AIMONITORRADIUS=200000
AIANTIRUNWAYINCURSION=1
AIBADAPPROACHFILTER=1
AIGOAROUNDLEAVEAREA=1
AITERMINALAREAMINSPEED=170.0
AITERMINALAREAMINDIST=6.0 //AITERMINALAREAMINSPEED must also be non-zero
EXTERNALDATABASEFALLBACK=1
INSIMMESSAGELEVEL=1
STARTMINIMIZED=1
INIPERIODICUPDATE=1
AITerminalAreaMinSpeed=170
AITerminalAreaMaxSpeed=210

Thank you Roland....I know nothing...leave it up to the professionals 🙂

BobM.

Bob M

Some updates:

AIFlow v1.1 HF4https://www.mediafire.com/file/4zus3a2gda7e22r/AIFlow_v110HF4.zip/file

Added: AITerminalAreaMaxSpeed option (similar to min. speed).  Prevents AI from going over max. speed in terminal area.  Used in combination with AITerminalAreaMinSpeed gives AI a consistent speed range in terminal area before final intercept.

Fixed:  First a big one that I wish I had caught earlier: changing AIArrivalSpacing value from default did not have any effect due to bug!  If anyone had experimented with changing AIArrivalSpacing from default (especially increasing it), please download this fix and retry.  Also, AIArrivalSpacing=0 didn’t disable spacing.  Output console text would sometimes freeze.  Better program stability and efficiency.  Excessive altitude gain when using AITerminalAreaMinSpeed option causing final approach problems.

AIGround v1.1 HF4https://www.mediafire.com/file/y1rannpb82hxk9h/AIGround_v110HF4.zip/file

Fixed:  Output console text would sometimes freeze.

AICull v1.0 HF1https://www.mediafire.com/file/s82bp9ve14kpi7c/AICull_v100HF1.zip/file

Added: New “Smart Retain X Current ICAO” Mode -  maximizes arrival and departure activity at the user’s current ICAO while still retaining “X” number of AI.  Lowest priority to retain:  AI that is neither departing from or arriving at the user’s current ICAO.  Most of the AI in this category will usually be deleted in order to obtain the specified "X" number.  Medium priority to retain: AI that is sleeping at the user’s current ICAO.  Highest priority to retain: non-sleeping AI departing or arriving at user's ICAO.  This AI will be selected on a random basis for deletion only as last resort in order to obtain the specified "X" number. 

Added: ability to customize the "X" number in the menu system for both the “Smart Retain X Current ICAO” and “Closest  X” options in the AICull menu system.  Thus, users with faster PC capable of handling larger amounts of AI can bump up the “X” numbers (e.g., Mode A3 = 60, Mode A4 = 90, Mode A5 = 120).

Fixed: menu interface consistency, better output console text updates, sometimes all AI would get deleted.

P.S. I've received very good suggestions (thanks!) that I can't implement without reading .bgl files, which I don't want to do with these particular programs in order to keep it simple.

• Like 6

Sorry if asked already, does it work with P3Dv5 and AIGAIT?

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Sorry if asked already, does it work with P3Dv5 and AIGAIT?

Thanks.

Yes

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2