Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

On 5/31/2020 at 10:40 AM, alpha117 said:

Hi Roland,

I'm using AIG AI

FSUIPC installed?  Do you get any error statements from the console?

On 5/31/2020 at 7:32 PM, cowpatz said:

I have started noticing that the AI are now conducting some very hard landings. Could certain settings in Ai Flow or Ground  be causing this behaviour?

Yes definitely, AITerminalAreaMinSpeed keeps the AI from getting too slow in terminal area, but tends to cause AI to get off descent profile, then over-correct on landing with a hard touchdown.  Decrease this speed or increase  AITerminalAreaMinDist . 

Some updates:

AIFlow v1.1 HF5: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h86rmzj5lof3e02/AIFlow_v110HF5.zip/file

Fixed: Sometimes AIFlow would stop vectoring AI after switching to external database.  The user might not have noticed this bug if in-sim messages were turned off.  If at anytime you noticed AIFlow not controlling AI, especially with the message level turned down, please download this fix.  

Added: AI plane spotting option for users who may be airborne at their spotting position.

AIGround v1.1 HF5http://www.mediafire.com/file/h86rmzj5lof3e02/AIFlow_v110HF5.zip/file

Added: AI plane spotting option for users who may be airborne at their spotting position.

AICull v1.0 HF2:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajow5p98b40ugza/AICull_v100HF2.zip/file

Fixed: AICull sometimes crashed when switching to an external database or jumping between airports.

Fixed: Doesn't close the FSUIPC link properly.

I'm looking to wrap up the latest versions and upload to lib.  Please report problems with existing feature (e.g., AIFlow stops processing AI for no apparent reason).  Also please let me know of any utility crashes.

Thanks!
Roland

27 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Some updates:

AIGround v1.1 HF5http://www.mediafire.com/file/h86rmzj5lof3e02/AIFlow_v110HF5.zip/file

Roland,

The AIGround entry links to the AIFlow .zip

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Hi,

The AIGround link is downloading AIflow

Thanks for the great programs Roland, much appreciated

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

3 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Roland,

The AIGround entry links to the AIFlow .zip

1 hour ago, brianwhtn43 said:

Hi,

The AIGround link is downloading AIflow

Thanks for the great programs Roland, much appreciated

Oops, thanks for the heads up, will re-post the corrected link!

• Like 1

Some updates (re-post to correct AIGround link):

AIFlow v1.1 HF5: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h86rmzj5lof3e02/AIFlow_v110HF5.zip/file

Fixed: Sometimes AIFlow would stop vectoring AI after switching to external database.  The user might not have noticed this bug if in-sim messages were turned off.  If at anytime you noticed AIFlow not controlling AI, especially with the message level turned down, please download this fix.  

AIGround v1.1 HF5 https://www.mediafire.com/file/pnnm12zttdes4th/AIGround_v110HF5.zip/file

AICull v1.0 HF2:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajow5p98b40ugza/AICull_v100HF2.zip/file

Fixed: AICull sometimes crashed when switching to an external database or jumping between airports.

Fixed: Doesn't close the FSUIPC link properly.

I'm looking to wrap up the latest versions and upload to lib.  Please report problems with existing feature (e.g., AIFlow stops processing AI for no apparent reason).  Also please let me know of any utility crashes.

Thanks!
Roland

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This is fantastic!

Thanks so much for all your effort here Roland - these tools are making a big difference to my experience with AI.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

@Clipper Ocean Spray, could I make a suggestion for a future enhancement for AIFlow?  No rush on this.

Could a user set the criteria at which an aircraft enroute would react to the user aircraft.  For example, +/- 800ft? 

I find that when I'm cruising along, other enroute AI aircraft go into evasive maneuvers even if they are +/- 1000ft which is fine for RVSM airspace.

Other than that, as others have said, this program has made AI much more tolerable!  Great job!

• Like 5

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

When closing down P3D I find that AI Ground and Flow close OK but AI Cull gives an error message. This is using the CLOSE or KILL function in FSUIPC. AI Cull is HF2.

I have tried using Run as Administrator as well just in case.

Ai-Cull-error.jpg

Edited by cowpatz

Cheers

Steve Hall

I have tried the programs but have stopped, as the Simconnect message takes over the existing window used by Radar Contact.

This causes the window to enlarge and stay enlarged, then it has to be manually shrunk back to size. PitA!

On occasion the RC windows has vanished.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Did anybody try this iteration of AIController with P3Dv5 on a networked client pc? Does it work?

Thanks.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, netshadoe said:

Could a user set the criteria at which an aircraft enroute would react to the user aircraft.  For example, +/- 800ft? 

Sure, that's very easy to do.  On caveat, I only use a 1 sec. sampling rate (for low overhead purposes), so if the enroute vertical separation is decreased to a very small value, AIFlow may have problems detecting it in a timely fashion (especially if there is also a high closing rate between the user and AI at cruise speeds).  I think +/- 800ft would be fine though.

17 hours ago, cowpatz said:

When closing down P3D I find that AI Ground and Flow close OK but AI Cull gives an error message. This is using the CLOSE or KILL function in FSUIPC. AI Cull is HF2.

I'm curious, why are you using the kill function in FSUIPC when closing down P3D?  All three utilities should end automatically when P3D ends.  

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I have tried the programs but have stopped, as the Simconnect message takes over the existing window used by Radar Contact.

This causes the window to enlarge and stay enlarged, then it has to be manually shrunk back to size. PitA!

On occasion the RC windows has vanished.

INSIMMESSAGELEVEL=0  turns simconnect messages off.  See readme for further details.