Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

Is anyone running these great tools with the freeware AI.dll for sloped runways?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 6/11/2020 at 8:41 AM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Great idea, although I'm hesitant to add features (want to upload an official revision to the lib), I'm adding this one because it is a logical extension of the landing roll out.  Thanks!

Thank you for this. Working quite well. Took a little time dialing it in, but roll out is much better now. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Loving these programs! Would it be possible to squawk before or on approach to clear out AI at destination that want to land? I find that to be a much bigger headache than waiting to take off. Thanks for your efforts on these apps!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 4:53 AM, Ranmori said:

Thanks for this nice Tool. I felt that AI Smooth was back.

By the way, I have two requests.

The first is push back turn. I think this was previously requested by another person, but what happened as a result? Is it an under consideration or an abandoned plan?

Second, can you implement so that crosswind landing is possible when AI landing?
I don't know the official name of this crosswind landing, so I pasted the X-Plane AI-Traffic video as a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7__rkbpFIbA

Look like a helicopter landing...lol

BobM.

Bob M

3 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

ヘリコプターの着陸みたい...笑

BobM。

I wanted to say skidding on touchdown, not on wobbling during approach. "De-crab Landing" Is this the correct name?

Well, such a video.

@ Ranmori...I was referring to the appearance of the plane looking like it was coming straight down "like a helicopter"..the illusion...Anyway...crabbing is fascinating to watch...Lots of skill to get everyone on the ground safely. 

Watched alot of KaiTak videos where this was done.

Have a great day!!

Bob M

I am sorry does it work with Utlive latest version ? or with only default AI ?

I am sorry if this was answered before, too many pages 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

22 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Yes.

Thanks 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

On 6/13/2020 at 2:28 PM, shipdriver said:

Loving these programs! Would it be possible to squawk before or on approach to clear out AI at destination that want to land? I find that to be a much bigger headache than waiting to take off. Thanks for your efforts on these apps!

Thanks, I can do that.  I'm going to try to push the current version to the lib. though.  In the meantime, below 5000 ft agl, the user-AI separation switches to a mode that keeps AI from overtaking you by putting them into hold (you're responsible for staying behind AI in front of you).  However re: AI in front of you, there's also an undocumented feature where AIFlow will last-ditch actually clear out AI that is in front of you and too close when you're on very short final.  There's also the runway anti-incursion feature for AI that are loitering on the runway.  Still, I can definitely see the benefit of optionally commanding the AI with a special squawk code to simply get out of the way and start holding at the beginning of the user's approach (and it is simple to program and compliments the special squawk to open up a takeoff slot).  Thanks for the idea!

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Alaaar said:

I am sorry does it work with Utlive latest version ? or with only default AI ?

I am sorry if this was answered before, too many pages 

Crabbing into the wind direction just before touchdown would definitely be nice.  I had considered doing it initially, but thought it would be more difficult to pull off than the bank and pitch corrections, so I just went with the bank and pitch corrections.  I'll give crab angles another look though now that I have more experience with landing effects.  Thanks!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

I had considered doing it initially, but thought it would be more difficult to pull off than the bank and pitch corrections, so I just went with the bank and pitch corrections.

Roland, at first thank you for your tools, VERY appreciated. just some thoughts:

Could you eventually "soften" the corrections a bit? It look sometimes a bit strange when they bank vast and stop the roll abrupt.

I also would have an idea for the holding the AI enter. Would it be possible to define an "virtual FAP" (like 10 nm out inline to the RWY) where the AI is going in to holdings? A further development would be an stacked holding of the AI there.

Another: is it possible to have the taxi speed after landing higher than normal so the AI gets faster to the next exit?

BR

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Wow, I don't know how I've missed this but I'm a little late to the party. Was referred in one of my other threads to come in here to check this util out.

I haven't tried this yet, but I am currently using AIG-OCI for my AI traffic in Prepar3d v5. I have gone through and read the first 6 or 7 pages of this thread to get an idea of what this add-on is for. But I still have some questions.

1. Is there a way to get all 3 (AIFlow, AIGround, AICull) to load up and exit automatically upon launching/exiting Prepar3d v5?
  2. Does this add-on work well with AIG-OCI AI?
  3. Does this add-on work along with Active Sky to correctly assign AI to depart and take-off on the correct runways according to the direction of the wind data that the sim is receiving from Active Sky?
  4. Will this plug-in correct the weird take-off angle the plane makes when taking off? It's like the plane doesn't ascend on a linear path but more of an arch and then after that it ascends in a linear path. This really bothers me and breaks the immersion when watching planes take-off.
  5. Is this plug-in compatible with Prepar3d v5?
  6. Is ai.dll needed?
  7. Where can I download the latest version of this plug-in?

Thanks for making AI behave so much more realistically! I can't wait to try it out when I get some time!

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

v7 on previous page,  AIG-OCI AI works fine. add-on.xml is supplied. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I'm still showing issues where the AI seems like they're running into each other at FB's KSFO. Also still seeing planes go around when landing, although not as often. Does anyone have a good base setting for AI Ground, AI Flow for those of us who are using AIG-OCI?

I also have witnessed 2 planes parked on top of one another at the gates. Will need to do more testing. I am currently using the default settings for AI Ground, AI Flow and AI Cull.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU