Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

Hi Roland, 

Been using your app for a few weeks now and its a great improvment over the default behavours so big well done! I'm especially impressed that it works with UTLive!

I recall a couple of years ago you published an app that did ground control, SID/STAR following and landing in one application (I think it was called AI Control?)

Do you intend to do a 'all in one' version - and also will there be a SID/STAR version for p3dV5? Would be amazing if so.

Many thanks,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

On 7/23/2020 at 4:29 PM, Flic1 said:

This actually happens while at the gate boarding long before engine start.  I'll have to check to see if that gets them moving though.

I'll revisit this behavior in the next update, I've received several comments about it.  But for now, yes, try reducing AITAXISEPARATIONDISTANCE in the .ini file and/or flashing the landing lights.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:21 AM, severniae said:

Hi Roland, 

Been using your app for a few weeks now and its a great improvment over the default behavours so big well done! I'm especially impressed that it works with UTLive!

I recall a couple of years ago you published an app that did ground control, SID/STAR following and landing in one application (I think it was called AI Control?)

Do you intend to do a 'all in one' version - and also will there be a SID/STAR version for p3dV5? Would be amazing if so.

Many thanks,

James

Thanks!  I'm not sure about adding SID/STAR capability, which really increased the complexity of AIController.  That's why I'll probably keep the current utilities separate, because it is easier to keep things simple and to maintain (e.g., the ground functions limited to a ground control utility).

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray

Something has definitely gone wrong. Just discovered this program, ran it as per the readme files and this happens at SimWings LHR
https://imgur.com/NffnGVY

All inbound aircraft can't land on the runway and end up circling the airport...!

Hello Roland,

to start with I like to to express my admiration for you to bring to us fellow simmers one of the most missed over years application. Absolutely stunning. Thank you very much.

May I ask you - as your previous settings shared with us have been before further enhancements and releases made from your side to your programs - to share here your present complete .ini settings for all three programs in full, as I would much love to try those in a full package scenerio of your programs based on your sure enough extensive testings.

Thanks in advance,

and agian -> these programs are simply fantastic.

Andreas

• Like 1

19 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

Something has definitely gone wrong. Just discovered this program, ran it as per the readme files and this happens at SimWings LHR
https://imgur.com/NffnGVY

All inbound aircraft can't land on the runway and end up circling the airport...!

Ben, the AI are just trying to avoid your aircraft (avatar).  If you want to use AIFlow for AI spotting, you can turn on AI spotting mode (AIPLANESPOTTINGONLY=1) or alternatively turn off user-AI separation (USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0).  Also, the native P3D AI views work well without having to change any AIFlow values, but avoid using map view for an extended period of time or overlaying windows.

3 hours ago, Andreasmb said:

Hello Roland,

to start with I like to to express my admiration for you to bring to us fellow simmers one of the most missed over years application. Absolutely stunning. Thank you very much.

May I ask you - as your previous settings shared with us have been before further enhancements and releases made from your side to your programs - to share here your present complete .ini settings for all three programs in full, as I would much love to try those in a full package scenerio of your programs based on your sure enough extensive testings.

Thanks in advance,

and agian -> these programs are simply fantastic.

Andreas

Thanks Andreas!  Sure, although the settings are somewhat specific to the user's setup (e.g., what AI set(s) they are using) and I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone has tuned things much better than I have.

If you're in the process of tweaking, make sure to turn on .ini periodic reads so that the changes you make are read and applied while you're running P3D (INIPERIODICUPDATE=1). 

AIFlow (non-default settings)

AIANTIRUNWAYINCURSION=1 //Make sure you understand what this does before you turn in ON
AITERMINALAREAMINSPEED=180.0
AITERMINALAREAMAXSPEED=280.0
INSIMMESSAGELEVEL=1

AIGround (non-default settings)

AIEXTENDEDPUSHBACK=1
AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=15.0 //start with 15.0 if using AILANDINGTARGETTIME
AILANDINGTARGETTIME=20.0
AITAKEOFFTHRUSTDERATESCALAR=15.0 //start with 15.0 is using AITAKEOFFTARGETTIME
AITAKEOFFTARGETTIME=25.0
INSIMMESSAGELEVEL=1

AICull I'm using default.

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Ben, the AI are just trying to avoid your aircraft (avatar).  If you want to use AIFlow for AI spotting, you can turn on AI spotting mode (AIPLANESPOTTINGONLY=1) or alternatively turn off user-AI separation (USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0).  Also, the native P3D AI views work well without having to change any AIFlow values, but avoid using map view for an extended period of time or overlaying windows.

So if I start at the gate and taxi out as normal...the AI planes should behave properly?

One thing I noticed is that ATC will repeatedly demand AI to expedite climb to xxxFL while using AIFlow. If I disable it it, the issue goes away. Is there anything we can do to reduce this faulty behavior?  

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Getting back into the hobby again and this program is deffenitly a suprise announcement for me!

Are triple landings at ATL and ORD for example possible yet? Or does it still require shortening of the outer runway

Edited by simsuper80

Marco D'Agostino

Absolutely love this add on, adds so much to the realism. Any plans to make this add on for *cough* other sims? 

Paul

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

On 7/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, SolRayz said:

One thing I noticed is that ATC will repeatedly demand AI to expedite climb to xxxFL while using AIFlow. If I disable it it, the issue goes away. Is there anything we can do to reduce this faulty behavior?  

I think I know what is causing it (commanding AI to hold at a lower altitude than it is assigned presently),  I'll improve it next iteration.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:39 AM, simsuper80 said:

Are triple landings at ATL and ORD for example possible yet? Or does it still require shortening of the outer runway

No, my earlier AIController did that, but AIFlow is a bare bones version of AIController that maintains compatibility with the default P3D AI program (e.g., doesn't change the landing runways chosen by the AI program).  Federico Sucari is working on an exciting utility that will do that though..

15 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Absolutely love this add on, adds so much to the realism. Any plans to make this add on for *cough* other sims? 

Paul

Thanks, definitely!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone found the right tweaks in the .ini file (aiground) to make the take off/ landing roll out look pretty much realistic? 

Chris 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:33 PM, cmdn said:

Has anyone found the right tweaks in the .ini file (aiground) to make the take off/ landing roll out look pretty much realistic? 

Chris 

that's a matter od the aircraft model. AIG matches it nicely. No 747s taking the first exit anymore.

On 11/2/2020 at 5:33 PM, cmdn said:

Chris 

Yes, it does depend on the particular AI set you are using.  I'm using AIG and these are my non-default settings in AIGround.ini (although best values are subjective and frankly I haven't spent a lot of time tweaking them):

AIEXTENDEDPUSHBACK=1
AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=30.0 //start with 15.0 if using AILANDINGTARGETTIME
AILANDINGTARGETTIME=20.0
AITAKEOFFTHRUSTDERATESCALAR=37.0 //start with 15.0 is using AITAKEOFFTARGETTIME
AITAKEOFFTARGETTIME=25.0
INSIMMESSAGELEVEL=1

The following two values are useful while actively tweaking, but you will probably want to ensure they are removed when finished.

INIPERIODICUPDATE=1 (any changes you make to values are immediately applied during the sim session, but causes extra file I/O)

AIPLANESPOTTINGONLY=1 (prevents the user aircraft from inadvertently interfering with AI operations, but disables user-AI taxi separation).