Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

This flew under the radar here since v5 came out, but there are a couple of AI traffic control utilities that were released by Roland Foster (AIController).  They are not SID/STAR controllers, but they do help keep AI traffic in check both on the ground and in the air.  Folks at AIG seem to like them so far.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aiflow&CatID=root&Go=Search

Edited by netshadoe
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Could be significant, works with v5?

spacer.png

Just now, Boomer said:

Could be significant, works with v5?

Not sure, bro.  I don't have v5 yet.

It uses SimConnect, so I don't see why it wouldn't work...but then again, I don't know if anything has been changed/updated in v5.

Give it a shot.  The programs don't alter any P3D settings.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

BTW how is AsNext for v5 progressing?

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

This flew under the radar here since v5 came out, but there are a couple of AI traffic control utilities that were released by Roland Foster (AIController).  They are not SID/STAR controllers, but they do help keep AI traffic in check both on the ground and in the air.  Folks at AIG seem to like them so far.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aiflow&CatID=root&Go=Search

Interesting. I'm going to look into this...

Thanks for the heads up :>)

love the fact you can fix taxi incursions or conflicts with AI aircraft which seem to find a way to block your path.

Thank you for the discovery and sharing. Currently testing both AIFlow and AIGround with Prepar3D v5 and Ultimate Trafic Live. Seeing control surface check is great during the hold of trafic after pushback.

FHApezT.jpg

I will investigate because after few minutes at KSFO, I have a bunch of liners making circle over the tower 😉 then they disappeared.

gvfmJCE.jpg

JC68eD4.png

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Been testing these tools. Does anyone know if these play nice with AI.dll (sloped runways)?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, vbazillio said:

I will investigate because after few minutes at KSFO, I have a bunch of liners making circle over the tower 😉 then they disappeared.

I think they are reacting to you being in the air while in slew mode...the program sees you in the area and attempts to move the AI as programmed.

Retry while sitting on the ground and move your eyepoint higher to gain the altitude.  I read somewhere that Switching to tower view works (right click view)...haven’t tried it yet.

As for the taxi program, the control checks that it makes the AI perform seems to mess up the FXPXAI models.  I think someone at AIG has messaged Roland about this.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

44 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Been testing these tools. Does anyone know if these play nice with AI.dll (sloped runways)?

As far as I know, all both programs do is traffic separation.  It does not control landings or takeoff except to space them out while in flight.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

7 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

I think they are reacting to you being in the air while in slew mode...the program sees you in the area and attempts to move the AI as programmed.

It makes sense. Will retry. No big deal although I appreciate taking this VIP seat to spot liners 😉

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

It also gives a nice effect during landing, aircraft react to winds, giving nice realistic movements duration approach, banking slightly left and right rather the the perfect straight line with no movements. Great addition to the sim. Also go around a is massively reduced.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

7 hours ago, vbazillio said:

It makes sense. Will retry. No big deal although I appreciate taking this VIP seat to spot liners 😉

Thanks everyone for the encouraging feedback.  

Vincent, if you want to turn off separation between the user's aircraft and AI, add this line to AIFlow.ini:  USERAISEPARATIONDISTANCE=0

The program will still separate the AI.

Regards, Roland.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

FYI, In the AIFlow, I get messages 'P3D pause/P3D resume detected" when I switch Ai view but P3d is not paused. Does it prevent AIFlow to work properly?

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard