Sign in to follow this  
jencas

Free Drzewiecki Design's Miami City X

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

how does this scenery work in combo with LVFR MIA?

LatinVFR includes a very nicely detailed downtown Miami so the free DD version would not be needed.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Just a note, this has been made free almost a year ago already,  not anything new. 

if you have LatinVFR, you don’t need it. If you don’t, it would be nice to have. 

• Like 1

I installed and it looks no better than the demo version, so I must have done something wrong.

18 minutes ago, rightseat said:

I installed and it looks no better than the demo version, so I must have done something wrong.

Why would you expect it to look better than the Demo Version? :huh:

• Like 1

Bert

39 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why would you expect it to look better than the Demo Version? :huh:

Hi Bert,

From what I remember, the demo had low resolution textures so you could get an idea of what the product had. I installed that at one time, but now that the full product is free, I should see the same textures that are advertised. 

24 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Hi Bert,

From what I remember, the demo had low resolution textures so you could get an idea of what the product had. I installed that at one time, but now that the full product is free, I should see the same textures that are advertised. 

Hmm.. I never had the Demo installed, so cannot tell.. are you looking at the ground textures, or the building textures?

Bert

Is it just me or does KMIA look HIDEOUS?

spacer.png

13 hours ago, micstatic said:

how does this scenery work in combo with LVFR MIA?

So I just added it to v5. Layered it under LVFR. The results are excellent IMO. The DD scenery has buildings that extend much further along the coast and there are additional buildings elsewhere, a larger photoreal coverage area that underlays LVFR's nicely, as well as lite versions of TMB and OPF that are serviceable with photoreal background.  Sure they aren't $20 airports, but they're free and certainly add immersion to flights in and out of KMIA. This is now, by far, the most expansive city area I have installed. There are a few buildings downtown and on the coast that overlap a little - I just did a fly around in the Duke, but it is really only noticable if you're flying at 500 ft right by them. It does consume a little more VRAM. Running at 6.5/7 in the Duke with 1024 texture resolution (@4k resolution). I'd definitely encourage anyone with LVFR to give it a try, you just have to make sure it layers UNDER LVFR. I had to manually add <layer> entries to both add-on.xml files to make that happen.

Here is a with and without DD added to LVFR. You can see additional buildings along the coast and in the city, and you can tell that DD adds photoreal, for example look at the lagoon under the aircraft and the highways.

Without DD:

Zpo1yMm.jpg

With DD:

Hb4BieH.jpg

Opa Locka area without DD:

8xgatF2.jpg

Opa Locka area with DD:

k7aMhUd.jpg

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

18 minutes ago, Boomer said:

It's not just you. I was waiting for someone to mention it!! "HIDEOUS" There's no uninstaller, had to delete all folders manually. I have no other KMIA add on's, so nothing conflicted, I just didn't like the quality. :sad:

Thanks, Boomer.

Mike   

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

3 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Just a note, this has been made free almost a year ago already,  not anything new.

Hurray! that means they owe me interest too.😏

I had the MIA demo, and  now have the FSX-SE freebee:  Sure, they look the same - but like in all  Drzwek demos, most of the airport, and some other scenery disappears after a set period of time (it resets again after closing-down the sim). Oh,and thank you at at DD for this...

11 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

I wonder if I can get a refund. I bought it several years ago. Doesn't seem fair now that other people are getting it for free.😒

I feel your pain Quasimodo, same happened to me and it is not the first time either! Fortunately I got Miami on sale for around $11 back in 2017, so don't feel quite as aggrieved as you.

My first "betrayal" was with the Milviz P-38 Redbull Redux, which was offered as freeware within months of me purchasing it. Not long after that I bought the Milviz Ju87 Stuka on Steam (FSX), which also became freeware a while later. I have been negative against Milviz ever since, perhaps unfairly, but that is the normal human reaction I think!

So I'm getting used to the older add-ons becoming freeware and therefore will only buy them when heavily discounted (more than 40-50%). My attitude has become even more "rigid" since the announcement of Microsoft FS2020, as I perceive any scenery add-on purchase now as money wasted, unless it is a deal that cannot be refused.

As far as payware-becoming-freeware; I don't expect a refund, but perhaps developers should consider some other gesture, such as a $5 or $10 discount voucher (on their products) for previous buyers, so at least they retain some goodwill.

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

7 hours ago, Boomer said:

I think this is as the focus of the product is the city and not the airport. Shame though, a freeware Miami airport would be nice

9 hours ago, rooitou said:

I feel your pain Quasimodo, same happened to me and it is not the first time either! Fortunately I got Miami on sale for around $11 back in 2017, so don't feel quite as aggrieved as you.

My first "betrayal" was with the Milviz P-38 Redbull Redux, which was offered as freeware within months of me purchasing it. Not long after that I bought the Milviz Ju87 Stuka on Steam (FSX), which also became freeware a while later. I have been negative against Milviz ever since, perhaps unfairly, but that is the normal human reaction I think!

So I'm getting used to the older add-ons becoming freeware and therefore will only buy them when heavily discounted (more than 40-50%). My attitude has become even more "rigid" since the announcement of Microsoft FS2020, as I perceive any scenery add-on purchase now as money wasted, unless it is a deal that cannot be refused.

As far as payware-becoming-freeware; I don't expect a refund, but perhaps developers should consider some other gesture, such as a $5 or $10 discount voucher (on their products) for previous buyers, so at least they retain some goodwill.

Whahahahaha. That's hilarious. Your even more convoluted funny than I am.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hmm.. I never had the Demo installed, so cannot tell.. are you looking at the ground textures, or the building textures?

Hi Bert,

The city buildings. I believe the project's focus was on the city, and I think I remember DD said that low resolution airports were included because the focus was on the city itself, but my city textures are still really bad and do not resemble the promo pictures for the full product. So, I think I did something wrong. 🙂