Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

PMDG 737 NGXu and REX SkyForce 3D

Hi All,

Hope everyone is safe...

P3D Version 4.5 HF2

All of a sudden I am experiencing strange behavior whilst flying my PMDG 737 NGXu...  With REX SF3D enabled and selected in the weather at the scenario creation screen, whilst flying I am seeing steep vertical climbs of anywhere between 4000 - 7500, most of the time overshooting the selected altitude... once I manage to reach my CRZ level, lets say FL360, the speed drops from the FMC indicated speed, lets say .788, down to 148 knots, and no matter what I do in the CRZ page of the FMC, which displays TGT speed of .788, I cannot get it to follow the correct FMC speed and my aircraft slows down, forcing me to SPD INV to keep the speed at around 280 knots...  It used to work fine before, changed nothing...

Tried the exact same flight by closing REX SF3D, and selecting fair weather in the scenario creation screen, and guess what everything works as it should, no issues at all...

Am I doing something wrong, or has REX SF3D given up...

Just for info, this issue does not occur whan I fly my Aerosoft Airbus... but I prefer my PMDG...

Some enlightenment would be appreciated...

Cheers in advance,

Faisal

Edited by djgadget

Faisal Niazi

Using PMDG 737 NGXu and Rex SF, only for weather, I have no problems at all, maybe a bad installation,who knows.

1 hour ago, djgadget said:

Hi All,

Hope everyone is safe...

All of a sudden I am experiencing strange behavior whilst flying my PMDG 737 NGXu...  With REX SF3D enabled and selected in the weather at the scenario creation screen, whilst flying I am seeing steep vertical climbs of anywhere between 4000 - 7500, most of the time overshooting the selected altitude... once I manage to reach my CRZ level, lets say FL360, the speed drops from the FMC indicated speed, lets say .788, down to 148 knots, and no matter what I do in the CRZ page of the FMC, which displays TGT speed of .788, I cannot get it to follow the correct FMC speed and my aircraft slows down, forcing me to SPD INV to keep the speed at around 280 knots...  It used to work fine before, changed nothing...

Tried the exact same flight by closing REX SF3D, and selecting fair weather in the scenario creation screen, and guess what everything works as it should, no issues at all...

Am I doing something wrong, or has REX SF3D given up...

Just for info, this issue does not occur whan I fly my Aerosoft Airbus... but I prefer my PMDG...

Some enlightenment would be appreciated...

Cheers in advance,

Faisal

Which simulator? 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Sounds like REX is loading the winds aloft and your airplane is overloaded for that altitude. What happens when your are climbing through? For example if you stay at FL320? What does your Mach say? And IAS? 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hi,

So I performed a flight at FL320... EKCH to EGLL... REX SF3D running... Autopilot, LNAV, VNAV engaged... First altitude, FL050, got there no problems, did not overshoot... Second altitude, FL160, got there but overshot byt about 500ft... waited for it to stablise at FL160... Selected FL320... it entered a steep climb of around 6500, and overshot by about 1200ft... as soon as it got to TOC, the speed dropped to IAS 172 knots, M .412... (dropped from IAS 300 knots)

I can provide further info, if needed...  Also attached screen grab of the moment it hits stabilised TOC...

Thanks for your insight...

Faisal

Screen Grab: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au30c53sDhXTyE97XaYM1LsQHC7X?e=lSEn9k

Faisal Niazi

Send this to PMDG in a ticket at well. They might have some ideas

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Hi,

I was just about to... was flying my flying on VATSIM... Also sending a support ticket to REX...

Funny thing it used to work fine before the pandemic... and infact it worked last week as well, after I downloaded the ANA livery "RJTT to RKSI"... now even that livery version has followed a siimilar behaviour...

Cannot belive I am the only one having this issue...

All the best, stay safe...

Faisal

Faisal Niazi

If  you have Environmental Force, try a flight with EF disabled.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:02 PM, mcx1000 said:

If  you have Environmental Force, try a flight with EF disabled.

Wow... you are right.... I was looking at the wrong thing... it is Rex EF... turns out that the " Enable Weather Smoothing" when enabled causes the issue... disabling it solved everything... I have sent a ticket to REX, as I should have Weather Smoothing, I paid for it...

Thanks mate...

Faisal

Faisal Niazi

2 hours ago, mcx1000 said:

Your welcome.

Drove me nuts..

So you had the same issue?...

Rex responded, "Thank you for your patience.  Your support ticket is currently under review.  We will get back to you as soon as possible."... I can't believe that disabling Weather Smoothing can be a permanent solution for this...

At least I can now fly my PMDG, I prefer it way more than the Aerosoft stuff...

Faisal

Faisal Niazi