Sign in to follow this  
hs118

An interesting opinion from outside the echo chamber

Just now, Jeff Nielsen said:

I actually said the thread itself was idiotic....lol

I thought it was factually incorrectly opinionated. 😄

• Like 2

Just now, yurei said:

There are no public facts if there is an NDA. That said Alain said it as well as anyone can.

In all fairness to you, you did get sucked into another thread. Honestly, it was at its best when it devolved into comedy. 

Are you not reading the development updates put out by MS?

• Like 4

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Are you not reading the development updates put out by MS?

I am and I am seeing they are still posting issues with the controllers. Not sure that contradicts the original opinion (note: opinion) expressed by Thud (before the mysterious edit on his blog).

And those that were invited back in the day and have posted online their thoughts from the 'open day'. And they were ay VERY early stages too. 

2 minutes ago, yurei said:

I am and I am seeing they are still posting issues with the controllers. Not sure that contradicts the original opinion (note: opinion) expressed by Thud (before the mysterious edit on his blog).

You still are not listening to what I'm saying...ROFL.  I'm saying, it doesn't matter if the entire alpha is broke and doesn't work.  It's not supposed to work.  It has no bearing on what the sim will be at release.  It doesn't matter if everything that poster said was true or not.  In fact; it could all be true.  Who cares?

Maybe we should just tell MS to forget the entire sim...cancel it all...thanks for playing...we'll just keep what we have.  Everyone go home.

The other side to that coin is; we can support them, help them, encourage them, participate in the process when we can.

I chose the later option.  I hope you will too.

Congrats to forums breaking the internet, yet again. 🙂 

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Congrats to forums breaking the internet, yet again. 🙂 

I don't think we are disagreeing. I posted from another source that, historically, had good advice. Posted it, simply enough, to see what would happen here. 

Thanks for your perspective.

Just now, yurei said:

I don't think we are disagreeing. I posted from another source that, historically, had good advice. Posted it, simply enough, to see what would happen here. 

Thanks for your perspective.

Ok, good enough.  Now you're educated, hopefully.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

2 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Ok, good enough.  Now you're educated, hopefully.

That my friend is a very bad and potentially condescending sentiment. But I will let it pass as an example of the echo chamber.

Edited by yurei
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, yurei said:

That my friend is a very bad and potentially condescending sentiment. But I will let it pass as an example of the echo chamber.

What are you even talking about? :rolleyes:

I don't have a clue if this guy is right about any of this stuff. I am very open to the MS project if it ever gets released. Having said that I am getting P3Dv5 running and it is a treat so far. If MS is able to put the pretty pictures together with a good flight sim that has great add ons with real system functions and a decent flight model then it could work. One nagging question I have is that If just half the dreams and hopes that I see here are 50% true (and they are not proven) then a company like LM would be glad to have such a wonder to test their equipment on and just stop spending money on P3d upgrades. I sure don't see any thing that shows a desire to dump P3d so far? At some point the old saying that "If it sounds to good to be true, then, it probably is not" needs to start to at least temper the expectations. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

28 minutes ago, yurei said:

You began a thread in an incredibly disingenuous way, then act offended when people act slightly condescending?

Your thread title was, "an opinion from outside the echo chamber".

This implies that anyone that disagrees with the 'article' you posted should be dismissed out of hand because they are merely part of the 'echo chamber.' Then, the article you post is nothing but speculation that ends with an assertion that the product will never be anything worthwhile, because, reasons.

Give me a break and get outta here with that mess.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

I think this circles gone around enough times to quit arguing about it. 

• Like 7

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator