Sign in to follow this  
TallTanBarbie

Orbx Trees And Buildings On Top Of MegaSceneryEarth

Is this possible?  Orbx North America doesn't have good coverage for my area of the desert southwest and leaves a lot out.

MegaSceneryEarth does cover the Four Corner states but on their own they are just photo tiles without any relief, shading, trees, or buildings.

No.  This is not possible.  They are two different ways of showing scenery.

However, you can get what you are looking for if you want to do some work.  You can check out Ortho4XP for P3D/FSX and use that.  It will generate photorealistic tiles and, based on OSM data, add 3d buildings and vegetation to those tiles.  This is the "easiest" way though still requires some work on your part.

You can also use the annotator tool that comes with the SDK and manually annotate the scenery yourself.  A much more manual process that you'd only want to do for small areas, like immediately around an airport.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Nuvecta makes autogen addons for individual states.  I use it for the few states I use MegaSceneryEarth (the four corner states).  It adds trees and buildings.  It's pretty good and fairly cheap.  There may be addons that do a better job, I'm happy with Nuvecta.

Most states appear to be $5.99.  https://store.flightsim.com/product-category/prepar3d/prepar3d-scenery/prepar3d-scenery-north-america/page/4/

I downloaded some pretty nice photoreal from http://www.blueskyscenery.com/download.html for Utah, just to try it out - I've never messed with photoscenery before, but got around to putting Hawaii Photoreal into v5 and was completely blown away. Of course, they've hand annotated the scenery for autogen and put in what look like custom buildings as well, so it is really a complete package.  The bluesky stuff looks great, but without autogen/3D objects, it is not to my taste.  I will take the $5.99 plunge and try out Nuvecta in Utah, and maybe will also try out Ortho4XP for P3D as well...I'll try to remember to report back with the results.

Edit, they're $4.46 at PCAviator.

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I’m curious about nuvecta also. I run photo on western third of country and often miss the auto gen. So eager to try it 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm going to install it in Utah right now and I'll report back.

35 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I'm going to install it in Utah right now and I'll report back.

thanks.  eagerly awaiting your report. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

41 minutes ago, micstatic said:

thanks.  eagerly awaiting your report. 

So, it does work. It isn't perfect and I had to turn up my autogen density to really get a good fill, but IMO for $4 or whatever as an all-in cost to get all of Utah in photoscenery with autogen + it also includes towers and other obstacles, it is good.  I used blueskyscenery for the photoscenery, which is freeware/donationware.

Here are a few pics - note that I am running another freeware package called Utah Complete, which adds some downtown buildings and airports, but it had absolutely no autogen, so before this I had maybe 10 buildings in downtown SLC and no trees - just photo as far as the eye could see.

Here's what I have now with Nuvecta:

https://i.imgur.com/RBeHheZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NgfJt1C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jtX7wyp.jpg

i just got it for califronia.  I'll have to test it on some real flights.  but looks to be working as intended

I have the MegaSceneryEarth for the Four Corners states — I'll try adding the Nuvecta with it and see if it works. 

Thanks for the information 🙂

Here is a shot of before and after in V5 of KPSP

https://imgur.com/a/87eLCWL

• Like 1

The good news:  Nuvecta + MegaSceneryEarth worked.  The not so good news: it's slow.

I have the MegaSceneryEarth 4X  photo tiles for the SE USA and got the corresponding Nuvecta object generator files.  It does add sun shading, trees and buildings, but they are rendered  slowly across the field of view as if someone painted them on with a brush one row at a time.  Is there a way to speed this up?