Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Top row in some cockpits blurry and unreadable

I've been successfully flying some planes I used to fly in P3dv4+.  They fly well in v5 as well. However, these planes are various Boeings (737s, 747s, etc), and Airbuses (mostly airliners) that I downloaded from Simulation, Rickoooo, and various other sites and they all have FMS and GPS capability.

PROBLEM:  The top section of the VC Cockpit...where all the AP prompts are located is totally BLURRY and UNREADABLE.  I have to Shift =1 to set all the Autopilot parameters.  Why are they blurry?  I've tried all the various visual settings in P3d's graphic and display controls.  No change.  I've reinstalled the Fonts. Nothing.

Question is how do I remove this blurriness in the VC?  Is it because these are not approved V5 planes?   That is my current conclusion.  If you've seen this and have corrected it, please let me know how.

Stan

Hard to say without screenshots, and this is a shot in the dark, but have you tried unchecking the option for mipmap vc textures?

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

https://i.imgur.com/JXHnN7R.

https://i.imgur.com/f5nXODf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hWvAQrJ.jpg

These are the examples of the "fuzziness" occurring in 3rd party planes that fly very well in v5.  In v4, all instruments were very clear.  I've kind of exhausted all ways that I know of trying to sharpen these gauges and controls.

Any ideas?

Stan

Edited by spilok

So many issues and complaints. I still can't believe that v5 was released in its current state.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@spilok your glass panels are showing the same  reduced resolution I saw after installing some 3rd party aircraft (i.e., the enlarged airport designators on the gps). The solution is in the thread I linked. Running the delete generated files restored my glass panels and gps gauges back to the correct resolution. Beware that this will also remove your add-ons and control settings etc., so have some backups of required files. 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573529-how-do-i-fix-pixelated-panels-p3d-v5/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Any ideas?

Just to confirm @Gabshall sent you the right direction.  The thread he sent you to, and this one below, have the solution:

• Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

45 minutes ago, Gabshall said:

@spilok your glass panels are showing the same  reduced resolution I saw after installing some 3rd party aircraft (i.e., the enlarged airport designators on the gps). The solution is in the thread I linked. Running the delete generated files restored my glass panels and gps gauges back to the correct resolution. Beware that this will also remove your add-ons and control settings etc., so have some backups of required files. 

This did nothing for me except having to reset all my config settings. 

Even the default F-22 is a blurry mess with Max texture resolution set to anything under 2048. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

@SolRayz Irrespective of your experience, it worked for me and at least two other person (see the thread). The solution will obviously depend on the root cause of the problem. This is just one potential fix - not a panacea. 

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

So many issues and complaints. I still can't believe that v5 was released in its current state.

I didn't know P3D included 747 or the 737 in any version and unless the aircraft is made compatible don't expect it to work, it`s not LM job to make the sim compatible with addons more the other way round or you will never see improvement`s in the sim. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, Gabshall said:

PROBLEM SOLVED!  Thank you for this link.  I found that some of the Carenado planes that I downloaded BEFORE they were compatible may have caused the problem.  Following the directions you give and referring to the link made it apparent that something I downloaded made the VC blurry.

Obviously, that was the case. Of course, you do lose some things (nothing that can't be done over) and you will have to reset quite a few things that were previously configured, but if you have to do that, THIS is the time...before this V5 matures with loads of addons.

My VC cockpits in my Airbuses and Boeings are now crystal clear!  Thank you for helping me here.  It is much appreciated, Gabshall.

Stan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabshall said:

The solution was originally provided by @onurair  - so we all owe him a virtual beer 🍻

I'll drink to him tonight.  Thanks for the tip.

Stan 

• Like 2

spilok,

Can you please post some "after" shots so we can see the difference? In your original shots the entire panel looks very dark to me.

Thanks