I currently have Three 27" monitors.  I had a 40" 1080P tv in my closet (probably 6+ years old) and hooked it up as a single monitor.  It was actually a little bit easier to fly and I enjoyed the height more than I thought I would. 

So, now I'm looking to upgrade.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Maybe a 43" 4k monitor for MSFS2020?

Thanks for the input!

I have a 32 inch 1440 monitor - think I've had it 4 years, no  problems, still like it as much as the day I got it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1483112-REG/hp_3bz12aa_aba_32_pavilion_32_gaming.html?ap=y&smp=y

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

3 hours ago, AUjeffk said:

Maybe a 43" 4k monitor for MSFS2020?

Thanks for the input!

I've been using a 75" Sony 4K TV for my flight simming since 2015. And I might add that I sit very close to it. Regardless of which sim you're using, the bigger the display the better, as far as I'm concerned. The gorgeous and realistic scenery of MFS makes a big-screen display doubly enjoyable.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

No specifics but definitely get something with a good HDR implementation. This sim will look amazing with HDR, anything less will not do it justice.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I got myself a curved 34", 1440p ultrawide a couple of months ago (upgrade from 27" 1080p) and am super happy with it. Regular large-size monitors have too much height for my taste.

55" 4K QLED if you get the XBOX X 😁

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

No specifics but definitely get something with a good HDR implementation. This sim will look amazing with HDR, anything less will not do it justice.

Sadly, there isn’t a monitor on the market at the moment with anything more than a “decent” hdr implementation. Oled isn’t used in monitors so the best you can get is a professional focused FALD monitor for around £4K and that’s just for decent hdr. It will be eclipsed within a few years once mini and micro led manufacturers increase the yield and output of their factories. 

unless a substandard implementation is acceptable I’d avoid hdr on monitors until micro and mini led mature. It’s a premium that adds very little and there are generally better sdr monitors that are a lot cheaper. 

https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-Professional-FreeSync-Certified-Compatible/dp/B07CNDK2XG

I've been using this monitor for a couple of weeks now and I gotta say it's worked out quite well (is also g-sync compatible).

Only thing is with VA Monitor Displays is if you push the overdrive setting too far you can get some hard ghosting (I have mine set to medium overdrive and it works out quite well).

Is G-sync monitors the way to go now if you have an Nvidia card? How much of a difference does it make?

42 minutes ago, AUjeffk said:

Is G-sync monitors the way to go now if you have an Nvidia card? How much of a difference does it make?

It removes tearing completely however it should be noted that Nvidia cards can handle free sync which is typically cheaper. 

if you often put vsync on in games because you hate the tearing of frames you’ll love it. It is a game changing technology (pun not intended). However if your computer is capable of always outputting more frames than your monitor can display then locking your frame rate achieves the same goal and doesn’t require any premium in technology.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, AUjeffk said:

Anthracite - what 43" (or similar size) monitor would you recommend? 

Knowing your system components and a budget is necessary before I can recommend anything. And what country you live in would also help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey Ray!

I have i9-9900k

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti

64gb ram

Budget is $3K or less.

USA

Thanks!

@AUjeffk, system is great and so is your budget. If you have the space a 40"+ TV would be great. But to get the sharpest image and text the TV needs to support Chroma 4:4:4. Not all do so choose carefully. Generally the ones that support HDR are okay.

Any from these would be fine. https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather