Sign in to follow this  
Eduard

Solved SVS terr error and not working.

Hi guys, i going to tell you what i did to solve this problem for P3D V4.5. and windows 10

this is not an official solution,  so i just can not guarantee it would work, this is just  what i did…. and suddenly it works.

I tried everything i saw on the forums. there was one guy reporting that moving the files from P3DV4 files  worked. or another one saying to uninstall svs that comes from the Cessna 182g1000 solves the problem, (plane which i don´t have) i just have alabeo da42 and carenado phenom 100.

Other said that even installing SVS with admin rights the files are not with admin rigths, so i tried to change all exe files that the installer create to "execute with admin rigths" and again didnt work.

I guy from this forums told me that usually the terr error had a relation with windows firewall port blocking.  Also i saw that there where some faulting paths and apps that call for this on the windows event 

Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimProcess.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\WebSimBrowser\CEF4FSXP3DXP.39\64\libcef.dll

So what i did was:

uninstall SVS from carenado. 

i downloaded the websimbrowser setup form  https://websimconnect.webs.com/download

install it with admin rights. (on the install process select your simulator version) 

then i opened windows defender firewall with advanced security app (just put this on search)

then clicked on inbound rules and then on the right column i clicked on new rule.

on the opened window i select port (then click next) select TCP and specific port and write:  4444 

then select allow, all networks and then name it svs or what ever you want. 

Then i installed Carenado svs with admin rights.

After load alabeo da42, the yellow terr err  changed to a white warning terr test that disappears after a few seconds. when i activated the the terr of garming 1000 svs was working again!

hope this post help people that cant make work svs on their computers.

Ciao!

Edited by Eduard
  • Upvote 1

Hello Eduard,

Your tip helped solve my issue - thank you for sharing.

I am trying to run P3Dv5, so in addition to your step i had to copy over the WebSimBrowser entry into my P3Dv5 dll.xml.  Even though I pointed the installer to v5 it placed files there but seemed to modify the v4 dll.xml.  Once I did that I reinstalled the SVS and in my case the 182T.  Upon start I got the failure / please start manually message (I ignored), the terr test message showed.  I had to turn on the SVS in the PFD but then it was fine.

Again - thanks!

Joe

Joe Lorenc

20 hours ago, Joe L said:

Upon start I got the failure / please start manually message (I ignored), the terr test message showed.  I had to turn on the SVS in the PFD but then it was fine.

Again - thanks!

Hi joe, i´m glad you solved. 

Usually the failure start message could be 2 reasons, (at least on my system) 1. if i have loaded  more than 1 carenado server started i got that message (usually when i loaded more than once carenado plane with svs) and two because i changed the websim.exe file to admin rigths. (so i reverted to normal) 

Cheers from spain!

Edited by Eduard

Hi Eduard,

I have teh same problem and tried your solution, without success though. May I ask about our exact version of P3D ?

When you start a flight with a palne with SVS, do you have a window opening in teh background, then closing again ?

Thanls

For me this solution is not working, too. Yes, there is a window opening for a very short time. Had this also before with SVS working. I'm using P3Dv5 and had the issue since the update to Hotfix 2.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de