Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3Dv5 is just incredible!

I have all the usual Orbx suspects...Global, Buildings HD, Trees HD,  My Traffic Pro 54c and the sim cranked wide open.  With all of that, I am getting a mean average of 18-30 locked.  Depending on what's happening, where I am panning, like if you want to see what your CPU/GPU can put out...have all of the above installed, and fly an approach over the Greater Detroit Area, to a landing at KDTW  Fly at 2,200 feet over all that massive to the horizon, autogen and Scenery Complexity,at  full right! Crank EVERY graphic element to full right...including Shadows...and hit all the sub-boxes as I have..and for a i7-975 Extreme (four core) pushing stuff to a EVGA GTX1070 8GB...I'm doing pretty dang good.  I now see that the most intense massive scenery elements, will take on my system, about 6.1/6.5 out of 6.7 vRAM budget.  So...no vRAM OOM CTD's because of vRAM exhaustion. 

Here is myself, flying low over the Greater Detroit, Michigan Area...on approach to KDTW.  At KDTW, you will see My Traffic Pro 54c (that I ported over from my P3D4v4.5 installation on another H.D.   Cheers!   Having a blast, and for a RTM, P3Dv5 has been for me, rock solid.  Nothing wanky about it, the best initial RTM version of P3D ever!

2020-4-28-14-41-51-678.jpg

2020-4-28-14-42-22-76.jpg

2020-4-28-14-43-11-437.jpg

2020-4-28-14-44-10-958.jpg

2020-4-28-14-44-32-333.jpg

2020-4-28-14-45-12-795.jpg

2020-4-28-14-45-34-724.jpg

2020-4-28-14-45-53-479.jpg

2020-4-28-14-46-20-208.jpg

2020-4-28-14-46-31-494.jpg

2020-4-28-14-46-42-115.jpg

2020-4-28-14-46-51-918.jpg

2020-4-28-14-47-25-137.jpg

2020-4-28-14-47-3-895.jpg

2020-4-28-14-48-32-937.jpg

2020-4-28-14-49-26-686.jpg

2020-4-28-14-49-40-607.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 6

I agree with you! I just installed the Carenado Phenom100 and applied the V5 patch. I flew from KSEA to CYVR (a flight I often did in V4) Apart from a couple of jerky stutters taking off from KSEA and flying toward Seattle (for some reason this was far less with the Phenom100 than on previous tuning flights in the area). My 55" Samsung 4K HDTV allows me fly at 24hz with superb results (that was also the case with V4) so I have my Frame rate set to 25 with Vsync on and TB and I am flying in Prepar3D V5 will all the sliders at maximum except traffic. I do have road traffic at 15% just so the world doesn't look post apocalyptic. I never thought I see the day that FSX would run perfectly smoothly will all the slider maxed out.🤣

This version of Prepar3D is the best yet by far. All I need now is ASN and NGXu. Everything after that is a bonus.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I agree with you! I just installed the Carenado Phenom100 and applied the V5 patch. I flew from KSEA to CYVR (a flight I often did in V4) Apart from a couple of jerky stutters taking off from KSEA and flying toward Seattle (for some reason this was far less with the Phenom100 than on previous tuning flights in the area). My 55" Samsung 4K HDTV allows me fly at 24hz with superb results (that was also the case with V4) so I have my Frame rate set to 25 with Vsync on and TB and I am flying in Prepar3D V5 will all the sliders at maximum except traffic. I do have road traffic at 15% just so the world doesn't look post apocalyptic. I never thought I see the day that FSX would run perfectly smoothly will all the slider maxed out.🤣

This version of Prepar3D is the best yet by far. All I need now is ASN and NGXu. Everything after that is a bonus.

What?!?!?!?  V5 patch...is the Hot Fix out?  I mean, not for VR?  The next one?

1 hour ago, Quasimodo said:

Yep, looking for ASN as well.   I am also going to tag down the Commercial Traffic to around 35 to no more than 50 percent...and Traffic to around 20, as that has always been the recommended percentage.  I just wanted a max graphic 'pray and pass the ammunition' scenario.  Was I going to bork out?  CTD?  Inquiring minds, lol  Nope...never even flinched...so, I'm so sold on P3Dv5 , and done like dinner!  Will pull back those two mentioned,and then just leave everything alone.  I'm quite ecstatic that I don't have to upgrade my present GTX1070  8GB, to max out the sim...and not vRAM CTD, let alone run that load at something usable!   Crossing my fingers, for MSFS20.  Have no idea, if my old workhorse 1070 8GB will handle that, to the screen visuals that I would personally, wish to see.  Hope so,...but as far as P3Dv5 is concerned....carry on, Mitch...carry on....:)

Edited by Sesquashtoo

12 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

What?!?!?!?  V5 patch...is the Hot Fix out?  I mean, not for VR?  The next one?

I think he is talking about this: 

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

I think he is talking about this: 

"Oh..oh...K...thanks!  I was starting to salivate!  LOL  Cheers!"

Oh, I forgot one very important thing to complete the sim for me is AIG traffic. Then its done!

26 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

Oh, I forgot one very important thing to complete the sim for me is AIG traffic. Then its done!

"Quas, between me and you...ya know...IT'S NEVER....DONE!"   rotflmbo!   Never...."ooh...look at just what came out...hmmm, and it's V5 'ready'.........."  😉 

Sesquashtoo, nice  shots ! I am from the Lansing area...

• Like 1

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

9 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Ses, nice pictures. What is your "ad interim" weather solution ?

FSXWX 1.6.1  It works...but as there is a bug to date for winds...sometimes, if FSXWX is trying to inject, or parse winds...I can get a CTD.  When I read the log...it is because of 'winds' trying to interact with  P3Dv5.  Hopefully, the HotFix will take care of that. If so...for a freeware, this is a rock solid weather injector.  Works like a charm...but again...working with a wonky wind code..., but that's not the fault of FSXWX 1.6.1

9 hours ago, mjw25 said:

Sesquashtoo, nice  shots ! I am from the Lansing area...

Michigan, home, sweet home.  Hail around the Grand Blanc area...we whip through Lansing all the time when riding our motorcycles in a group tour.  The Gov...needs to loosen up....jeez...lol!

Ses

I'm very happy for you Mitch. You deserve it! Looking forward to trying SP1 this week or whatever the next version is called. I need some more fps in congested cities like FTX London.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Nice! I too am enjoying V5 with around 60 hours; Orbx & many of my favorite acft (RealAir, DH2, DH6, C47), hope the hot fix will correct some of the landing crash problem identified by many. Good luck folks!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.