Sign in to follow this  
CaptainMidway

Flight Simulator X - Support for DirectX 12

Hello Everyone,

I am creating this forum because I am wondering whether there is was any way to make FSX Gold Edition (CD Disk) compatible with DirectX 12. I have come across many forums that don't give a definitive answer or explore the topic in great detail but with many of those being from 2017, I am hoping that someone may have an idea of how we can accomplish this task in 2020.

DirectX 12 has a lot of advanced features that can potentially make FSX run smoother . Currently, my version of FSX is running on DirectX 10 preview (The state that the Acceleration Pack leaves FSX in). Can someone let me know if any such updates or methods exist through which I can make FSX run on DirectX 12?

Best Regards,

CaptainMidway

Pretty much, nope!  At max, DX10 plus Steve's DX10 fixer will be it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for your Reply. That is just a huge bummer as all this new technology that would make FSX a blast for many is simply not compatible. And with FSX 2020 in the works, the future of FSX looks gloomy. 

At max, DX10 plus Steve's DX10 fixer will be it

In the setting menu I still get DirectX 10 Preview. What is this tool? What changes can I expect from using it?

Can you also clarify if this is Payware or Freeware and post a link to the download page? I have found multiple download pages and want to use the official one.

Edited by CaptainMidway
Missed some Details

OK, the DX10 Preview is just that...a preview.  If you check the box some things may look better but it cause a bunch of different problems.  You can lose the progressive taxi feature and a lot of aircraft won't show properly.

Steve's DX10 fixer is a payware product and makes things work when you check the DX10 preview box.  I'll look for the link!

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

There is also a support forum on the site that is run by Steve!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: