Sign in to follow this  
Patattack

A2A P 40 Warhawk P3dv5

I just downloaded the A2A P-40 Warhawk to see if it would work w P3dV5 and I keep getting a message "The A2A P-40 cant be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed P3dv4 has not  been found on your computer." I was going to buy the Cessna package for P3d but then saw that the P 40 was free and said what the hell Ill give it a try and see if that's compatible w v5 first, No Joy on that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on if the Cessna will work on P3dv5 even though the P 40 doesn't. Or how to get the A2A P 40 to recognize P3dv5? Thanks Pat

I should think that if you can install it to P3D V4, it would be possible to then manually copy all the relevant bits over to P3D V5. I have done this with a few add-ons which were unhappy about me trying to point them directly at V5, including the A2A Bonanza and the A2A Commanche. I even managed to do this with the Just Flight DC-6 for FSX, the installer for which insisted on finding an FSX folder.

The only thing I had to do with those A2A Commanche and Bonanza aeroplanes, was to make sure I disabled the 'Windshield.dll' rain effect which is in the Gauges folder, which I did by simply renaming it to 'xxxWindshield.dll'. If you don't do that, it crashes V5 when you try to load up an aeroplane which has that effect. A2A have apparently created a fix for this but it is yet to trickle down to products which use it, so for the present this is a fix which works.

Note that my P3D A2A aeroplanes were installed to the external folder V4 Add ons folder in the My Documents folder of my PC, rather than in the sim folder itself, but if you have one of those for V5 too, then it is easy to simply duplicate everything to your V5 folder and Bob's yer uncle, when you fire up V5, it asks you if you want them to work in the sim, so you click 'yes'  and you are done.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Unfortunately in my case since I didn't have v4 installed, I couldn't trick the A2A installer 😕

I did create the folders, both under Documents and the main "p3dv4" program folder, and placed a fake p3dv4.exe there, but no go 😞

Probably that was the best after all, because these days anything that feels clumsy compared to DCS flight dynamics is useless for me ...

A2A is great in systems detail, but, heck, when it come to the "feel of flight".... it is still MSFS pumping it- there are no miracles...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

Unfortunately in my case since I didn't have v4 installed, I couldn't trick the A2A installer 😕

I did create the folders, both under Documents and the main "p3dv4" program folder, and placed a fake p3dv4.exe there, but no go 😞

Probably that was the best after all, because these days anything that feels clumsy compared to DCS flight dynamics is useless for me ...

A2A is great in systems detail, but, heck, when it come to the "feel of flight".... it is still MSFS pumping it- there are no miracles...

...and if you put in a fake Prepar3D.exe instead...

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hello guys,

I replied to Pat's post asking the same question on our forums, and I'll add the info here too for the befit of anyone who is interested.

Yes, if you've installed P3Dv5 but you don't have P3Dv4 on your system, the existing installer won't be able to detect a compatible version of the sim. Although the P-40 itself will—broadly-speaking—work in v5, there are a few issues which we'll need to address before we release a new P3Dv5 installer.

In the meantime, if you're really keen to try the P3Dv4 version in v5, a simple Windows registry edit can be used to redirect the installer.

To do this, add a registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" containing a string with name "SetupPath" and value "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" (or whatever your P3Dv5 installation path is).

If you're using this default installation path you can use this registry script to make the edit instead. You can also edit the script in Notepad via its right click context menu if you wish to customise it for your own P3Dv5 install path, rather than editing the registry direct. In this case, it's the section highlighted in blue which you'll need to modify. To run the script, just double click it.

Annotation%202020-04-29%20131709.jpg?dl=

Thanks,
Nick

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Thx Nick,

will give it a try - I should have considered that "old" trick ;-)

Looking forward to feel the P-40 ina  sim.

In DCS there's no one, the one in IL2 leaves a lot to be desired, so... My last hope ...

Just out of curiosity - wasn't A2A considering DCS World as a future development platform too ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi,

It’s done A2A just made official the P-40 WarhawkP-51 Civilian Mustang and Cherokee 180 version P3dv5.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70166

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case