Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

11.50 B6 is out

Beta 6 is out. 

Bug fixes

Beta 6

• Fixed reflection slider labels.
  • Made aftermath opt in from the CLI only.
  • XPD-10693 Fixed crash when re-opening VR.
  • XPD-10760 Fixed typo in –allow_reshade CLI flag.
  • XPD-10761 Crash in ATC if no suitable destination found for aircraft.
  • XPD-10762 Fix crash in AI spawner when user’s plan is bad.

Beta 5

• Updated Gateway airports.
  • Support for new Control Pad.
  • Fixed default key bindings for trim.
  • XPD-10617 Generate preview icon works on Vulkan/Metal.
  • XPD-10623 Fixed panel screenshots with OpenGL.
  • XPD-10633 Crash when returning to sim after enabling VR mode.
  • XPD-10637, XPD-10644 Vulkan Error Device Lost.
  • XPD-10646 Took art fix to facades to fight log spam.
  • XPD-10649 Too many inflight command buffers.
  • XPD-10693 Vulkan device lost SECOND time VR is started.
  • XPD-10707 Fixed issues with multiple monitors that have different resolutions.
  • XPD-10714 Vulkan disabled when auto-update runs.
  • XPD-10719 Stars reflected in the water.
  • XPD-10722 Fixed detection of 1Gb cards.
  • XPD-10723 Nvidia device STILL screwed up with Metal and MSAA.
  • XPD-10727 XPLMSetAircraftModel leads to crash under OpenGL.
  • XPD-10728 Fixed wireframe rendering in Plane Maker.
  • XPD-10729 Fixed crashes in ATC system (null segment & waypoint).
  • XPD-10731 Zero size window blows up OpenGL.
  • XPD-10732 Fixed minimizing OpenGL windows.
  • XPD-10742 Fixed MSAA being reset to 2x on restart.
  • XPD-10744 Update error message to only request auto crash report.
  • XPD-10749 Plane maker problem with OpenGL.
  • XPD-10751 Wrong callback dispatched for panels.
  • Upvote 3

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

It's running great...top end FPS...but, Laminar scripted out ReShade. If you want it to load in...you need to go to the .org forum for 11.50 and read on the B6 thread how to get ReShade to initialize within B6.  It's not hard to to do, ...takes all of one minute, to create the .exe shortcut and add in the instructions, whereby you'd use the Shortcut to start XP11.b6 to get back ReShade.  Easy as pie. The steps are all spelled out in that thread.  I have ReShade up and running in my B6.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

Always interesting to see how different the experiences are. For me, b6 is a no go. The memory leak is so bad, it fills up the 8GB of VRAM in seconds. B1-4 worked fine. So I'll wait for b7.

Hans

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It's running great...top end FPS...but, Laminar scripted out ReShade. If you want it to load in...you need to go to the .org forum for 11.50 and read on the B6 thread how to get ReShade to initialize within B6.  It's not hard to to do, ...takes all of one minute, to create the .exe shortcut and add in the instructions, whereby you'd use the Shortcut to start XP11.b6 to get back ReShade.  Easy as pie. The steps are all spelled out in that thread.  I have ReShade up and running in my B6.

I tried beta 6 and once I first started, I notices the response was very smooth and setting at KDCA I was averaging 50 to 60 FPS where was wasn’t before.

Although I am able to test Vulkan because of my recent move to Win 10 being force by LR, kicking and screaming I was able to do the upgraded and kept my setup. My over clocking was change from overclock to cpu only on to base clock overclocking due to something I did. The performance is similar to what I had before at a lower clock speed at 4.1 vs (what I had at 4.6 cpu only) if not better.

I am still testing however I am pretty impress with the results so far. In VR the experience has been phenomenal. I can see why once you go VR you don’t want to go back. It is much different experience from the desktop method. Although I am going to need to upgraded to the Rift S once they become available but experience is still great.

I forgot to mention. my 3930k is feeding a GTX Titan Pascal. 

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

I tried beta 6 and once I first started, I notices the response was very smooth and setting at KDCA I was averaging 50 to 60 FPS where was wasn’t before.

Although I am able to test Vulkan because of my recent move to Win 10 being force by LR, kicking and screaming I was able to do the upgraded and kept my setup. My over clocking was change from overclock to cpu only on to base clock overclocking due to something I did. The performance is similar to what I had before at a lower clock speed at 4.1 vs (what I had at 4.6 cpu only) if not better.

I am still testing however I am pretty impress with the results so far. In VR the experience has been phenomenal. I can see why once you go VR you don’t want to go back. It is much different experience from the desktop method. Although I am going to need to upgraded to the Rift S once they become available but experience is still great.

I forgot to mention. my 3930k is feeding a GTX Titan Pascal. 

I've never delved into a form of VR, but what I can say for B6, is that I have XP locked to no more than 30 FPS...and in this Beta...it stays at 29/30 FPS no matter where I am...no matter where I pan...and is the best XP version of anything, so far on my own system.  They took out the ability to use ReShade but with a switch as shown on the B6 thread at the .org...you can easily get it back by side-stepping that.  I did, following the easy directions, and now run XP11:50b6 from the modified .exe Shortcut (with the added 'switch').  Works like a charm. Everything works in ReShade  after enabling the 'allow' switch in the Shortcut for the XP11.50.exe .

• Like 1

I just did a couple of FSEconomy flights in B6 with no problems. I've been running with no plugins other than FSE just to test, and few clouds. 

Getting pretty crazy frame rates like 60+ fps with the specs listed below. That's around 10-15 fps higher than I'm used to, but I'm flying these FSE assignments in an area (Philippine islands) with just default scenery not orthos or Orbx TE. I expect those frame rates to drop when I enable ActiveSky or any other weather addon that injects multiple cloud layers, but so far it's looking very stable here.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

7 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I just did a couple of FSEconomy flights in B6 with no problems. I've been running with no plugins other than FSE just to test, and few clouds. 

Getting pretty crazy frame rates like 60+ fps with the specs listed below. That's around 10-15 fps higher than I'm used to, but I'm flying these FSE assignments in an area (Philippine islands) with just default scenery not orthos or Orbx TE. I expect those frame rates to drop when I enable ActiveSky or any other weather addon that injects multiple cloud layers, but so far it's looking very stable here.

...just to add, I'm getting those steady 29/30 out of a ceiling lock of 30, over Orbx TE HD Florida...so...another reason for my raised eyebrows, this morning, after updating from B4. This Vulkan API is some pretty serious API tech!

My update to B6 not so good: instant CTD during flight loading. I was able to back-track several levels to 11.41 ( I think) but too bad, the B4 ran like a champion. Even removed my plugins and light tweaks I'd made...AND I tried B6 in OpenGL but the same outcome.  FYI

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

My first experience is good with beta 6.

Flew from EGNT to EGMC in the 172 with G1000.

ORBX TE North,South and Central. No other addons active.

FPS is up in the 60's to 80's in partial cloud. When the cloud became overcast, (using XP's own real world weather) the FPS dropped to 48 ish.

No crashes. A very pleasurable experience.

I deleted preferences and the vulkan shader cache as a starting point.

Scenery max, texture max. No shadows or reflections, 4xMSAA/FXAA (one notch down from max) HDR one notch down from max.

I need to try a higher altitude flight in the IXEG 737 to see if the scenery tear issue has gone from earlier beta's

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Fave no issues just yet, but from what I have read, it seems NVIDIA drives seem to have some play in this, so if you have the latest drivers maybe go back one. Running 442.59

I moved to the latest beta driver of Nvidia, 450.82. This one is running well on my system. Had a longer flight with X-Europe 4 and the Carenado PC 12 with RXP GTN and the VRAM usage was not exceeding 7.4 GB. Further testing ahead on this long weekend. 

• Like 1

Hans

I'm having good success with b6 so far, flying over ORBX True Florida in VR (Oculus Rift CV1) and it is absolutely stunning.  I'm buying more ORBX scenery this weekend for XP.   nVidia driver 445.87.   Need ActiveSky !  

cheers, 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

47 minutes ago, joby33y said:

I'm having good success with b6 so far, flying over ORBX True Florida in VR (Oculus Rift CV1) and it is absolutely stunning.  I'm buying more ORBX scenery this weekend for XP.   nVidia driver 445.87.   Need ActiveSky !  

cheers, 

Hi Joby

How is the resolution on the Oculus Rift CV1 when reading the instruments vs the Rift S. I am wondering if that is the better choice.

Thanks

Bob 

13 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

How is the resolution on the Oculus Rift CV1 when reading the instruments vs the Rift S

On its own, its not great.  But there's an easy workaround - set up 'oversampling'  using the 'Oculus Tray Tool' (freebie) or the Oculus debug tool which is included in the standard Oculus setup.  This also applies to the Rift S.  (the 'cv1' is the older model).  Set the pixel override to 1.5 or so, and everything is readable in the virtual cockpit.  I can read the instruments and FMC's no problem.  

I think most people prefer and recommend the newer Rift S if you're going to go Oculus, but others have reported great results with the HP Reverb headset (v2, newer model).  

I use the older CV1 because I peek out the nose bridge in order to see my iPad / Foreflight EFB.  :-)   Works for me. 

FB is selling refurb'd CV1's for $299.  https://www.oculus.com/rift/

cheers, 

• Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

4 hours ago, joby33y said:

On its own, its not great.  But there's an easy workaround - set up 'oversampling'  using the 'Oculus Tray Tool' (freebie) or the Oculus debug tool which is included in the standard Oculus setup.  This also applies to the Rift S.  (the 'cv1' is the older model).  Set the pixel override to 1.5 or so, and everything is readable in the virtual cockpit.  I can read the instruments and FMC's no problem.  

I think most people prefer and recommend the newer Rift S if you're going to go Oculus, but others have reported great results with the HP Reverb headset (v2, newer model).  

I use the older CV1 because I peek out the nose bridge in order to see my iPad / Foreflight EFB.  :-)   Works for me. 

FB is selling refurb'd CV1's for $299.  https://www.oculus.com/rift/

cheers, 

Joby

Thanks for that tip.

I tried it on mine it seems to work. I need to make some adjustments on my system to stabilize things but I try this out on X-plane.

Bob