Sign in to follow this  
ereuter

RXP 430W causing stutter (resolved)

I recently bought the 430W and installed it, and it is causing a stutter in XP11.  The stutter is at a fixed interval of about 1 second.  I have tried it with 11.41 and with the most recent 11.50 beta.  Doesn't matter if Vulcan is running or not.  Graphics settings have no affect (still does it with lowest settings).  Anyone else have this issue?

i9-9900 with RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Thanks,Eric

Hi,

This sounds typical to a file access problem of some sort.

1) Is your system drive (C:?) on HDD or SDD?

2) Do you have plenty of free space or not?

3) Have you configured the GNS 430 flight plan import folder or not?

4) If so, are there any flight plan file or is the folder empty?

5) What is your Windows version? (full version)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1) It's on the C drive, an SSD.  

2) 90 GB free

3-4) I hadn't set that up.  I just tried, but was unsuccessful.  I created the FPL folder, pasted the sample file into it.  On the 430, my FPL page group only has 2 pages, not a third one.  wUetuZg.jpg

5) Windows 10 Home 1903

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

As for the FPL:

Did you just copy the .zip file there, or unzipped the content and copy the file with the .fpl extension?

As for the 'stutters':

Can you try with a default XP11 aircraft like the B58?

Can you try removing all your plugins but RXP and compare?

A convenient way is to create a plugin.disabled folder alongside the plugin folder (both in the same XP11\Resources\ folder), then move the content from plugins to plugins.disabled You can easily restore plugins individually in moving them back and forth at will.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

The fpl file is unzipped.  Here's where it is:

8aNwIbu.png

I did a clean install of XP 11.41 and then duplicated it and installed RXP, so there definitely no other plugins.  I'm now seeing a little bit of stutter on the clean copy, but it gets much worse when RXP is installed/enabled.  It is particularly apparent in side views.   

I've been using it with the 172.  

It may be a video driver issue or something.  I was mostly wondering if this is something you'd seen before. I am now curious about the FPL issue, though.  

The stuttering might be 'amplified' with the GNS which is also taking a few resources (although really very few), but if a clean install is giving you stutters all by itself it is already an indication of something not right on your system, somehow.

NB: if the GNS is not enabled, it takes no resources, the plugin just sits there awaiting to be woken up by X-Plane when you're selecting the RXP menu option.

As for the FPL folder, it is not in the location indicated in the manual!

Hint: Program Files is not the same as ProgramData...

Hi, when you got a chance to find out, please don't hesitate posting the solution here!