Sign in to follow this  
wxchris

KLAX ATIS Frequency Problem

Hi,

I'm having a small issue with KLAX's ATIS frequency. When I start Xplane 11 and P2ATC and file a local VFR flight plan at LAX, it switches the initial COM frequency to ATIS as it should. Problem lies in that I start up the sim at the gate for departure and the LAX ATIS frequency it loads is the ARRIVAL frequency of 133.80 that has no voice speaking weather just silence. It should be loading the LAX ATIS DEPARTURE frequency of 135.65 which works fine and speaks the weather if I change it manually.

1st question: Can I use taxi editor to simply change ATIS frequencies or is it only designed for ARTCC?

2nd question: Does Navigraph even list both or do they only use 1 ATIS?

3rd question: Is P2ATC designed to even differentiate between ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE ATIS frequencies (if exists in Navigraph data) and know when to use each dependent on where the aircraft is located?

4th question: Why no weather sound from the ARRIVAL's 133.80 while on the ramp, do i need to be a certain distance away from the airport for it to speak? 

P2ATC: 2.6.1.1_x64_R3
Xplane: 11.41.r1
Navigraph Airac Cycles: 2005 on both Xplane and P2ATC
KLAX ATIS Radio Frequencies: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=5824

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris.  Here are answers to your questions.

1: No, you can only edit the ARTCC frequencies because they are not associated with boundaries in the AIRAC data.  All other frequencies are in the AIRAC data.

2: Navigraph does have both LAX ATIS frequencies and both give ATIS information in P2A as long as P2A is providing the ATIS.  There is an option in Config that must be checked for P2A to give ATIS.  Otherwise, you may be hearing your ATIS From the SIM and the SIM may not support both ATIS frequencies.

3: No, P2A is not aware of Arrival/Departure ATIS and it is not differentiated in the AIRAC data.

4: See #2.  I suspect you don't have ATIS coming from P2A.  I tested and got ATIS on both frequencies.  In fact, the auto ATIS switch first loaded 133.80.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I switched the configuration setting for ATIS source and both frequencies work in P2Atc now. They both work in the sim without P2Atc running too. I guess since the 2 freqs are not labeled in Navigraph data there's no way to tell P2Atc which one to use when.  I assume it just grabs the 1st one it comes to (approach ATIS 133.80) and uses it. Maybe some day it will be doable to differentiate down the road. BTW, love your program. Best ATC I've used in game so far.