Sign in to follow this  
altack

MD WAAS & TAWS instrument test

Hello Jean-Luc,

I wanted to add the extra WAAS and TAWS gauges to my RXP GNS equiped A2A 172 based home cockpit.

So I used your rxp.gps.discrete_out variable as a backbone  in order to reproduce both the physical annunciators (3D printing is great !) and the logic through Air Manager networked panel.

Everything is runnig fine so far (I still have to mount the gages on the actual cockpit panel though) but I have a question for you regarding the "kINSTR_TST">0x00080000< flag.

My best guess is that it reveals an internal test in progress and I assume all lights would have to go on when the "INSTR_TST" bit is equal to 1.

Can you provide more data on that one ?

Thank you in advance,

Francois

Francois Mavel

Hi,

It is just to indicate the GPS in on the POST page.

You shouldn't use it to drive the lights it is taken care of with the individual bits.

It is only useful, as an example, for disconnecting a custom A/P logic from GPS data when the GPS is booting up.

PS: don't hesitate to share some photos! 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the explanation Jean-Luc.

Here are some pictures of my project.

Please keep in mind it is still a work in progress (pedestal below the table not yet bearing the full panel, wet compass just hanging for testing purpose etc...).

The general layout :

xsQwZK5.jpg

A close-up on your fantastic GNS 530/430 combo:

T3Z9LRq.jpg

Using the annunciator test :

1d4Xcii.jpg

Using the button to inhibit Terrain advisories:

wuYSIdp.jpg

Unfortunately, thanks to the current lockup, I can’t go to my nearby FabLab so no more laser engraving for the push buttons (but homemade sticker printing will do fine in the meantime).

I’ll eventually open a new thread regarding GNS bezel management and, again, thanks for your support.

Francois

Francois Mavel

C'est une config de la mort qui en jette pas mal!

Thank you for sharing these with us!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)