Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Wing Wednesday

40 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

As much as I support this new sim and can’t wait for it, from what I’ve seen so far the wingflex hasn’t been done properly. 

LOL :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

LOL :rolleyes:

LOL you. Wings are meant to flex. I did say so far so they might come around to it eventually, maybe people in the alpha will know more. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Upvote 3

In fact wing flex is a very important at certain levels of weight and speed regarding dynamic forces.

• Like 2

One of the worst screenshots so far. Uninteresting, weird sky. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Not very inspired indeed. I wouldn't mind if they ditched Wing Wednesday and instead introduced Take-off Tuesday and Final Friday showing some take-off and landing vids.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

How about a Full Flight Friday? 😉

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 6

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

16 hours ago, aleex said:

Maybe is just me, but from all screenshot we have seen, I'm starting to think that the A320 doesn't have any wingflex. Wings are always like curved to to sky

21.png

I hope it still will be done. It is still in Alpha. There were also pictures of the neo taking of without the Flaps being set. In new pictures you can see the flaps, slats and spoilers. So I guess and hope the WIP stage will take care of that.

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed photo with copyright. Against Avsim TOS
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

😂 even better

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I thought the new FS was going to have sloped runways. Is this an early alpha version shot or that option is turned off for this user maybe?

Edited by KERNEL32

15 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

I mean, yeah. But which is worse?

Better to have a few flat airports than a broad implementation where some end up looking like this. Because oh my that's a mountain.

That's extreme lol.

But that problem is common. Do a takeoff roll in Frankfurt-Hahn (default). There are some bumps in the runway that will make you lift-off gauranteed. On numerous other airports as well.

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

I thought the new FS was going to have sloped runways. Is this an early alpha version shot or that option is turned off for this user maybe?

My bet is, there is a problem with implementing sloped runways. Although they have shown us sloped taxiways, we did not see a sloped runway yet (to my knowledge).

I guess they are working on it, but it is not top priority. And before you do an almost game breaking implementation like @suncoastflyer screenie suggests, it's better to leave it out in first place.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Regarding the Wing Wed Screenshot, I agree that let's say, it's not the most glamorous screen from the simulator. It could be mistaken for another sim from a past era.

As for sloped runways, I can't wait to see how they proceed to smooth the airport elevations because it seems, there is an elevation smoothing process as far as my eyes can tell.

To my knowledge, the airport surfaces in XP (Rwys, taxiways etc) do not refine the elevation underneath. They are simply draped polygons over the existing elevation. So if you have a rough and low res mesh terrain the airport layout will just be draped over this rough terrain... 

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

5 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Now we're talking...excellent:smile:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aleex said:

Maybe is just me, but from all screenshot we have seen, I'm starting to think that the A320 doesn't have any wingflex. Wings are always like curved to to sky

The amount of fuel in the wings will play a factor. Also I should add if the aircraft is moving at t/o speed the wings will lift as well. We can't be sure at this point if wind is passing over the wings causing them to curve to the sky. 

Edited by pracines
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

LOL you. Wings are meant to flex. I did say so far so they might come around to it eventually, maybe people in the alpha will know more. 

Yes but it’s a DEFAULT aircraft in an Alpha testing stage. We just need to be a LITTLE realistic here. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Yes but it’s a DEFAULT aircraft in an Alpha testing stage. We just need to be a LITTLE realistic here. 

Yes but read my initial comment I clearly said they might get around to it. Lets read a LITTLE before jumping to a smart a** reply.

The more we point out now the less we will have to worry about later... they did ask the community for feedback and they also are clearly trying to give us better than average DEFAULT planes. 

Toodles 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1