Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Wing Wednesday

24 minutes ago, Mengy said:

The Carbon Cub is the plane I want to see more of, but I want to see it BUSH FLYING!

Pretty please?  😉

I have screenshots of the both the Carbon Cub and the Cessna 152 (currently my favorite aircraft in the Alpha) while bush flying, including some at AYMA (Papua New Guinea). But my screenshots are never selected, and I cannot share them with you yet.

Actually I think this image was selected for the clouds as much as for the Cub.

Edited by Arwen
  • Like 1

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

14 hours ago, Arwen said:

I have screenshots of the both the Carbon Cub and the Cessna 152 (currently my favorite aircraft in the Alpha) while bush flying, including some at AYMA (Papua New Guinea). But my screenshots are never selected, and I cannot share them with you yet.

Actually I think this image was selected for the clouds as much as for the Cub.

Manari is one of the strips in the Orbx Jacksons package so it is a piece of good news that it is represented in the new sim. Landed many times there. Thanks Arwen ! Now, maybe do a blurry screenshot possibly with a doomsday sunset , you may have a chance to be selected 🤣

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

14 hours ago, Arwen said:

Well it's good to know at least someone in the alpha is testing out bush flying in the new sim, thank you.  I'd be doing it but I can't seem to win the alpha lottery....

In half a year I'll be doing it myself in the new sim gosh dang it!  😁

50 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Manari is one of the strips in the Orbx Jacksons package so it is a piece of good news that it is represented in the new sim. Landed many times there. Thanks Arwen ! Now, maybe do a blurry screenshot possibly with a doomsday sunset , you may have a chance to be selected 🤣

While I cannot post any of the details, I will say that as a GA only simmer, I'm spending most of flight testing time flying into the small, often very remote strips, and I'm having a total blast.

13 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Well it's good to know at least someone in the alpha is testing out bush flying in the new sim, thank you.  I'd be doing it but I can't seem to win the alpha lottery....

In half a year I'll be doing it myself in the new sim gosh dang it!  😁

I got picked just a couple of weeks ago, just before Alpha 4 was released, so hang in there. I had pretty much given up any hope of getting in and then I received the email.

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Teasing Tuesday.....

Afbeelding

Do you know where in the world this MSFS screenshot was captured? Vote in the poll below! #WhereIntheWorld #MicrosoftFlightSimulator Screenshot by CaseBug92496684 (Alpha Tester)

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

So these are the new watermarks. Unless they are constantly flying around, they don't look too bad to me.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Oh yes they are constantly flying around and there are even more of them than what can be seen in this screenshot 😅
To be honest the brain is quick to adapt and I (as many others) barely notice them once concentrating on flying, unless it's night time where it's very noticeable and annoying because of the watermaks high opacity level.

• Like 1

I don’t think I would want access to the alpha now. Maybe 6 months max from release, it would spoil it. I am quite pleased I will be able to experience it polished, for the first time. It’s going to be epic 

• Upvote 2

On 6/23/2020 at 11:11 PM, MaVe64 said:

Do you know where in the world this MSFS screenshot was captured?

Earth, 2060

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

10 hours ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

Oh yes they are constantly flying around and there are even more of them than what can be seen in this screenshot 😅
To be honest the brain is quick to adapt and I (as many others) barely notice them once concentrating on flying, unless it's night time where it's very noticeable and annoying because of the watermaks high opacity level.

Oops. That does sound bad. Do they like float around or just swap positions every few seconds? It does look like they could be an eyesore during night time. Perhaps a better solution would be to increase the size of the larger, transparent watermarks, or add a fourth one. If the entire central area of the screen has to be blurred then the leaks become pretty much unwatchable.

• Like 1

I was very happy to be part of Alpha after a long wait. With these annoying watermarks I just don't feel like testing anymore. It is a harassment for all the loyal fans who have followed the rules.

best regards Will

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, alphawill said:

I was very happy to be part of Alpha after a long wait. With these annoying watermarks I just don't feel like testing anymore. It is a harassment for all the loyal fans who have followed the rules.

best regards Will

Please elaborate on your harassment claim.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The watermarks are part of the testing environment.  Just ignore them and continue testing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dexthom said:

The watermarks are part of the testing environment.  Just ignore them and continue testing.

Sadly there's a lot of people that don't seem to understand that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Oops. That does sound bad. Do they like float around or just swap positions every few seconds? It does look like they could be an eyesore during night time. Perhaps a better solution would be to increase the size of the larger, transparent watermarks, or add a fourth one. If the entire central area of the screen has to be blurred then the leaks become pretty much unwatchable.

Yep that clearly was the goal, they appear/disappear at pretty much each main parts of the screen meaning the leakers now have to blur so much it's useless. They don't "float" around like the DVD logo on a TV screen when a DVD player was idle back in the days 🙂 Each watermak instance has a predefined position and each of them appear/disappear randomly with a fading transition.

1 hour ago, trainplane3 said:

Sadly there's a lot of people that don't seem to understand that.

Hence why I said "as many others" in my previous message, some others just like to be entitled/grumpy and I really can't understand why, I've waited so long to be in the alpha I'm not gonna let some twinkling text spoil my joy 😄

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2