Sign in to follow this  
Isaac Toh

FlyTampa YSSY not loading in P3Dv4

Hi all, I have the Fly Tampa YSSY installed previously on my P3Dv4.5 (hot fix 3) and everything works well. 

Earlier, I had to reset my PC due to some Windows problems. After I reinstalled P3Dv4, ORBX and Australia v2, I realised that it has loaded the default P3D YSSY scenery instead of YSSY. 

My Scenery Library as below.  

Annotation%202020-04-30%20145319.png

I remember that the 3 highlighted areas were at the top below FTXAA_ORBXLIBS previously when everything works before the reset. However, I am unable to move them up after the reinstallation.  

Any advice to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Isaac Toh

Goto ORBX Central and make sure that your Library Insertions points are set so that FTX regions and Airports are below your bottom most addon airport addon and the FTX Open LC is below FTX regions and Airports. Once that is done you really shouldn't have to deal with layers again.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Speaking of Fly Tampa, do they ever have sales?

I think the YSSY was released 5 years ago but cant remember ever seeing it on sale.

5 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Goto ORBX Central and make sure that your Library Insertions points are set so that FTX regions and Airports are below your bottom most addon airport addon and the FTX Open LC is below FTX regions and Airports. Once that is done you really shouldn't have to deal with layers again.

Personally I find I have to deal with layering all the time, but that's also because I'm incredibly picky about scenery layering and I strive for a certain organization.

For any and all scenery management, your one-stop-shop is Lorby's addon manager. Definitely do what Dave suggested - it will spare you tons of headache in the long run - but also get Lorby's addon manager to manually move around layers if needed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for the replies.

Previously, my 3rd party airports and sceneries work as installed and I'm not familiar with the Orbx layering and insertion points.

In other words, all my addons airports and sceneries have to be on top layers (priority 1, 2 and so on), above all the FTX? 

Earlier, I deleted 3 FlyTampa layers and added them within the Scenery Library and they are on the top now. Is this the right approach or will I still need to tweak the Insertion Point in the Orbx Central to avoid future layering issues? 

Strangely, my Envtex, WSSS, RKSI, RCTP and VHHH are ok despite they are sandwiched between the other layers as below (pardon me for the watermark). Do these layers need to go on top too? 

Annotation%202020-04-30%20213049.png

I'm obsess about organisation and since I have just reset my PC, I would want to take this chance to set these layers right from the start. 

Don't worry about the Scenery Library in the sim, it will just look out of sorts with the various mix of addon.xml entries and scenery.cfg entries.  The Orbx Library insertion points have played an integral part of layering for years now and many people don't even know it exists then have issues which most often get blamed on Vector when vector has nothing to do with it. Once it's correctly set though you should be good to go.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

25 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

many people don't even know it exists

I discovered it in my Central, and used the facility provided where to insert, etc. No problems at all. Orbx of which I have a plethora of airports besides other gubbins, is really on the ball these days👍

Thanks all for your advices. 

The issue is resolved after I delete the area and add in manually.