Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 30th, 2020 - Development Update

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

This also confirmed what people were speculating for months, they're using Meteoblue for their weather.

Was that still realm of speculation? I thought that was confirmed already.

That airbus over the clouds looks like a realll picture 

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Was that still realm of speculation? I thought that was confirmed already.

I don't think they out right said it. There were just bits and pieces people put together to come to that conclusion before the announcement.

• Upvote 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

If anyone is interested in what the NavBlue charts look like, here are some examples.

https://www.navblue.aero/product/charts-plus/

Navblue also happens to make EFB software.  I wonder if MSFS will have this in game, charts and all?  Kind of like Avitab for XP11, but native to MSFS.

Edited by ual763
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Guys!  I believe we have confirmation of actual airlines now.  The shot by OperatorLand468 shows the Airbus in British Airways colors!

Nice catch! I didn't think real airlines would be included due to copyright/legal issues. I guess it's possible that OperatorLand468 designed the livery themselves, however.

• Like 1

If that screenshot mysteriously vanishes from the update, we might have our answer.

• Like 2

They posted one of my screenshots twice, already removed on the homepage 😉 

• Like 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Oh, forgot to add it above, but NavBlue also makes dispatch/performance software.  Maybe we will get an authentic in-game dispatch/performance/flight planning solution that is accessible for 3rd party developers to easily create profiles for their aircraft.  

This would be great!  It is obvious that the developers of TOPCAT quit developing it years ago.  Nobody has filled the void.  It is one thing that has been seriously missing from all simulators since.  Yes, I know we have simbrief, and it is great for being free, but it doesn’t support TO/LDG performance calculations.

Edited by ual763
  • Upvote 2

OperatorLand's screenshot also gives us our first performance figure - 23FPS

2 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Oh, forgot to add it above, but NavBlue also makes dispatch/performance software.  Maybe we will get an authentic in-game dispatch/performance/flight planning solution that is accessible for 3rd party developers to easily create profiles for their aircraft.  

That would be unreal. It's quite fiddly in P3D with all the extra tools I need to have open to do a decent flight. It would be such an ease of life thing if everything was built into the sim.

• Like 3

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

3 minutes ago, fsxkitty said:

OperatorLand's screenshot also gives us our first performance figure - 23FPS

There was a trailer of 4K in game footage at 60fps. All be it we don't know their system, but it is possible with current hardware is what we should take away from it.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

16 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Some of those trees are enormous compared to the houses. Image the size of a human. I guess it could be plausible?

Way too big....Maybe it suits some old growth Amazonian rain forest, but the rest of the tropics? No!...Asobo please do some research, don't ruin the "tropics" with trees straight out of Jurassic Park.

• Like 3

Matthew S

29 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

I don't think they out right said it. There were just bits and pieces people put together to come to that conclusion before the announcement.

They said in the Weather discovery episode that they use MeteoBlue for weather data, even showed a couple screens of what the data looks like IIRC.