Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

Nice! Really hope this will fix my VRAM issues! To upgrade all we need to do is uninstall the Prepar3d v5 Client, and then install the new client? Do we need to install the other stuff such as the content, etc?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks very much!

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Nice! Really hope this will fix my VRAM issues! To upgrade all we need to do is uninstall the Prepar3d v5 Client, and then install the new client? Do we need to install the other stuff such as the content, etc?

They recommend that all modules should be updated.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Do we really need to uninstall every addon install currently on V5?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Did they fix the wind shifts during weather injection? Didn't see it listed. Or are they just leaving that up to Active Sky to figure out?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Most probably they did not fix the wind issue, as in the LM forums, devs constantly avoided to reply to any of those threads. I do not know why though...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Most probably they did not fix the wind issue, as in the LM forums, devs constantly avoided to reply to any of those threads. I do not know why though...

Now in all fairness,  LM devs have replied to many issues raised on v5.

• Like 2

Very comprehensive. Nice to see they have been listening to concerns. In fairness, it is out very quickly given the amount of work they've done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ian S

38.jpg

40 minutes to go finish download then we will see how it goes

Hello @ll,

downloaded, uninstalled the entire 5.0.21, installed hotfix 5.0.24, registered the license. Simulator won't start anymore. Splash screen comes up for a couple of seconds, then it just goes away. No entry in the Windows Events log. Same behavior after a full system reboot.

This was a bare-bones installation, with only a handful of external addons - which have all been disabled. Generated files have been deleted, including shaders and cfg files.

Currently uninstalling again, will clear out everything manually, then start again.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI