Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

24 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I take that back. If there are more than two packages on the autodiscovery path, same problem comes up again.

Well, then the hotfix basically fixes the addition of addons by simply not allowing them anymore? :blink::biggrin::laugh:

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Any first opinions? 

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

OK, does everyone agree that a fresh install is the way to go, and are you all doing so for all three components, not just client?

At this stage that's my plan, but I have already spent dozens of hours on my v5 install so would be interested in opinions.

I definately would mate. Like it has been said before if you installed your scenery out of the main directory, it will be simple. 

I would not hold out much hope for anything you installed that was not compatible with V5 and may need a reinstall or whatever you did to get it to work.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

37 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Because this is my devel computer. I need a defined baseline.

Just joking, Oliver. I confess I haven't used the Lorby SI addon organiser much in the past (have been a Simstarter guy), but have v5 set up beautifully with your program. Fantastic piece of software, you are a Flightsim rockstar, sir.

If anyone else here is not yet using Oliver's tool/piece of art, go and get it now and add as much of your old-school scenery as possible with the addon.xml method. It will make these kinds of re-installs so much easier.

Cheers! 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, then the hotfix basically fixes the addition of addons by simply not allowing them anymore? :blink::biggrin::laugh:

It takes the safest route possible - it stops working. There is nothing like a stable state.

Sadly, for me this version is unusable. And it doesn't fix the primary issue that I have reported to LM either (fire/smoke effects are not rendering as they should).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

18 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Any first opinions? 

It appears to be the exact same thing, hopefully with the crashes-on-some-approaches and terrain fixes in place. If i put the NGXu in EGLL by Aerosoft with ORBX global, ORBX England and OpenLC Europe i still get around 7GB VRAM used (previously it was 7.2-ish), so no big changes in VRAM usage apparently. It does seem a bit more smooth (yeah even more) but that might be placebo.

All ORBX, aircraft and scenery addons which i had outside the simulator were recognized and are working perfectly.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Fresh install V5HF1:
Back to the roots, horrible Performance with all standard scenery, standard plane, CPU now 100% again I9-9900K, GPU only 4% GTX1080Ti  with 4096 and Full SSA.
Locked my Frames in NVIDIA driver to 30Fps, this V5 can not hold now.
When i set in V5 to unlimited, then 20 to 25 Frames, when lock V5 to 30 ig get maximum 17Fps.
Autogen popping in is there again, i thinks its more sad the 4.5 now.

LM, what have you done again?

Edited by Alti

Wow you seem to have some serious issue there. Mine is running perfectly smooth and i get in excess of 70fps (with either PMDG 777 or NGXu)  almost everywhere except in really heavy scenery areas (again EGLL or EDDF) where frames drop to 30-ish but still butter smooth like i had never seen before. Happy camper here and will trade my one-month developer license for a full license in 2 weeks for sure.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

25 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Any first opinions? 

So Far, Full Clean install, No issues to report. Thats with No add-on's

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Dear All,

I would advise deleting your prepar3d.cfg file after installing the HF1. This will ensure all the new settings start from fresh and that the implementation of texture streaming is also enabled in order to reduce the VRAM consumption under V5.

Having said that be aware HF1 corrects problems with CTD when running out of VRAM and implements a technique to consume less VRAM but it will not do miracles to allow someone with a GPU with very little VRAM to run the sim at max settings.

Another thing you all need to check is to be running the "latest" NVIDIA drivers and at least Windows 10 - 1909.

I have a 980 TI using medium texture resolution settings and I am not experiencing any CTD or high VRAM usage.

Regards,

Simbol

• Like 7

Even with my 60mb/s, download speed is stuck at 1.2/m maximum...   

too much, too soon....

Got it up and running in VR. Head tracking issue is gone for me now (hf2 didn't fix it..samsung odyssey +). wishing beta atmospherics could run in single pass, seem to get a pretty decent fps hit going to stereo now.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I don't see (read) where the winds bug...has been fixed. Will weather injectors still crash when winds are called upon to change or update within the sim?

Anyway...sounds like a good idea to totally bork my present v5 and do the three thousand hour Orbx and airport tap-dance.  Guess I know what I will be doing Friday....

Again..I hope the winds are fixed...unless it's there, but I am not connecting a 'fix' with the RTM release wind bug...

anybody?

4 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Got it up and running in VR. Head tracking issue is gone for me now (hf2 didn't fix it..samsung odyssey +). wishing beta atmospherics could run in single pass, seem to get a pretty decent fps hit going to stereo now.

How are the winds...still crashing weather injectors like FSXWX 1.6.1?