Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

57 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

I did a full un-install and install with new installer. I did not move or delete my addons folder, so all of the addons I already had installed before were still there. Started it up and the sim worked just fine. VR working very well, plus with the True atmosphere it looks really amazing. True atmosphere works in VR in stereo and mono, but disabled in single pass mode. No problems at all so far. Will do a long flight tonight and report back.

Just found that out myself!  All my add-on xml files are intact...and I only imagine that I will have to reinstall Orbx Global...but that's seems about it.  Cool!

I have most of the addons outside the main folder, MK and Flightbeam are the only ones that are installed inside P3D folder. Orbx library is also outside the p3d folde and intact. I just did complete uninstall, but didn’t remove any of the folders that were left after. Installed the new version, all of the addons are inside, no errors or CTD so far.

Edited by Johnny19

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is just the beginning.. 😉

About to take my first flight...

#metoo

removed all of them expect fsuipc6 and now everything runs.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Uninstalled and installed no problems here!

I think one by one invstigating the addons folder, I am replacing one by one as I had issues with the startup.

Orbx is working good though

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

jup orbx working flawles.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

Solid changelog, they've been busy. Can't wait to try it out. 

It also shows that the release was premature if a Hotfix 16 days after release adresses so many important issues.

Can't really call it a hotfix if you have to reinstall everything!!!

Shesh does that mean I've got to install all my orbx again and fiddle around with the regedit again to get the pmdg stuff to work?!

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Just now, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Shesh does that mean I've got to install all my orbx again and fiddle around with the regedit again to get the pmdg stuff to work?!

If you would have installed all of your ORBX stuff in a folder outside of the sim, you wouldnt need to. You only have yourself to blame

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Time to join the party and see if it's true that this sim is the best thing since slice bread! 😀

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

PMDG still not v5...

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 minute ago, ttbq1 said:

PMDG still not v5...

But it works flawlessly. It's not supported officially, but if you know what you're doing...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

35 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Hey @simbol do you know if they do what needed to be done for AIG to update their software?

I had only the time to check the changelog, and it seems some things are done but not all. We will discuss internaly what we will do now

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png