Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

22 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, I'm gonna go with what LM says to do which is, to quote them: A full install of all components is recommended for this update.

You know the guys in this forumn wont do a nice clean install they will just do a quick job instead and end up with issues. 

your wasting your breath Alan.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Bummer...FSXWW was seen and picked up by v5.24.   I'll have to see, if I get a CTD when winds are injected.  That was the case with the RTM.

Yeah it seems that upper winds are just using surface winds but arent variable all over the place. I wasnt sure if there were two different issues?

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I had a crash. I chaged parameters in Options->World and pressed ok. THen --> CTD.

Crash happened in q2d.dll in V5 folder

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Where can I see the version number installed?

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, kaha said:

I had a crash. I chaged parameters in Options->World and pressed ok. THen --> CTD.

Karl

This bug is not fixed also:

https://vimeo.com/413921177

And, I have 19 fps at LOWI where I had 35 with the initial V5 installation, same settings.

Guys, I'm done with Vf5  for the moment. I'd rather wait for the next HF.

Karl

Any first vram reports? That was my biggest concern.....

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

19 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Yes, that seems to be the case!

An empty AddOn.Description crashes P3D V5 HF1. Many thanks to @fennelda and @anzac1977 for the pointers.

When you remove the tag entirely, or when you add an actual description, the simulator loads fine.
<AddOn.Description>Any Text In here makes P3D load</AddOn.Description>

Unfortunately this situation can't be handled with P4AO currently. I am working on a new version that allows changing the package description after the fact. And that will alert you to the issue in the first place...

Best regards

Really good spot guys, this was indeed my problem so it seems.

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

16 minutes ago, kaha said:

Karl

full installation or a quick down and dirty reninstall of content etc etc ?

14ppkc-6.png

My sim will not start now.....CTD.

My process was to uninstall Scenery, then Content, then Client.  Then new install and registration.  Load up the sim and splash screen opens but then disappears.  I know Lorby had this problem but what is the fix?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

My process was to uninstall Scenery, then Content, then Client.  Then new install and registration.  Load up the sim and splash screen opens but then disappears.  I know Lorby had this problem but what is the fix?

OK did this and looks like its working now.  

I emptied my Documents\Prepar3d V5 Add Ons folder and it worked again. Now adding add ons one by one.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 minutes ago, MarkW said:

2 post up

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello @ll,

new version 1.54 of the P3D Addon Organizer is available for download.

• Packages that don't have a description now appear in violet color on the "Packages" tab. Right-click, "Edit", supply a description text, "Submit", "Save".

Please be mindful that this version is even hotter than the hotfix itself. Remember to create backups, and please let me know if things go sideways.

btw: to help with the constant virus warnings, the installer has been scanned with Norton Security Premium, and then added to an encrypted ZIP file. Password is "lorby".

Best regards

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

full installation or a quick down and dirty reninstall of content etc etc ?

Full installation:

1. Uninstalled V5

2. Deleted every single V5 folder

3 Installed V5 

4. Fired it up-> ok

5. Put in what I had in in the initial V5 installation.

6. Fired it up -> ok.

7. Changed settings in options world --> crash

8. Fired it up -> ok, but less fps

Karl

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

An add-on.xml is missing a description. It looks like this in the add-on.xml: <AddOn.Description/> (note the slash)

Either remove the <AddOn.Description/> tag entirely

or

supply a description instead
<AddOn.Description>Any Text In here makes P3D load</AddOn.Description>

Be mindful that the XML tags are case sensitive.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, kaha said:

Full installation:

1. Uninstalled V5

2. Deleted every single V5 folder

3 Installed V5 

4. Fired it up-> ok

5. Put in what I had in in the initial V5 installation.

6. Fired it up -> ok.

7. Changed settings in options world --> crash

8. Fired it up -> ok, but less fps

Karl

same for me loss of about 5 - 10 FPS now it`s like with V4.  With the same settings i had without the HF about 15 - 20 fps now i`m not able to get over 10 with the same settings 😞

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT