Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

1 minute ago, 331BK said:

same for me loss of about 5 - 10 FPS now it`s like with V4.  With the same settings i had without the HF about 15 - 20 fps now i`m not able to get over 10 with the same settings 😞

Thats a joke isnt it, mine was rocking should have at least been given the option to use the alternate vram usage calculation instead of can everybodys performance

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

at least not for my rig, try to find out what i did wrong 😞 

deleted my p3d.cfg and try now with "nearly" oob settings for world and the rest.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

6 minutes ago, kaha said:

Fired it up -> ok, but less fps

This one is a head scratcher.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

An add-on.xml is missing a description. It looks like this in the add-on.xml: <AddOn.Description\> (note the backslash)

Either remove the <AddOn.Description\> tag entirely

or

supply a description instead
<AddOn.Description>Any Text In here makes P3D load</AddOn.Description>

Best regards

This worked for me. So now adding manually an aircraft would require a description per component. Strange as I never had to do this with V4.5 and V5, until HF1 only. A new change perhaps?

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This one is a head scratcher.

It is the sliders settings + the new dynamic texture streaming. If you settings are too high and you have dynamic texture streaming, P3D will try to use some RAM and also remove + add textures from VRAM in order to avoid a CTD..

This has a TAX on performance.. reducing the settings and removing dynamic texture streaming will bring the performance back but at the cost of more VRAM use..

We need to come to a realization.. with DX12 VRAM is key.. if you want to have all sliders to the right and incredible performance you will need to get new generations of GPU cards with LOTS of VRAM.. and the results will be incredible..

S.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Funny, cranked my settings slowly up and found out that enabling god rays costs me about 10 FPS. 

Disable Goodray 30 FPS -> enable 10 FPS less.  TrueSky set to high and still enabled

As i use a Radeon VII with 16 GB i disabled the texture streaming thingy because i have plenty of vram

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is the sliders settings + the new dynamic texture streaming. If you settings are too high and you have dynamic texture streaming, P3D will try to use some RAM and also remove + add textures from VRAM in order to avoid a CTD..

This has a TAX on performance.. reducing the settings and removing dynamic texture streaming will bring the performance back but at the cost of more VRAM use..

We need to come to a realization.. with DX12 VRAM is key.. if you want to have all sliders to the right and incredible performance you will need to get new generations of GPU cards with LOTS of VRAM.. and the results will be incredible..

S.

Cant there be a setting to enable or disable this, its cruel to release v5 and have people get a taste of great performance and remove a good chunk of performance with the first hot fix, ridiculous really

• Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

Well, I have a 2080TI and it says 4.1/9.2 VRAM. Still 19 fps instead of 35 that I had with the initial V5 installation. At ORBX LOWI, same settings.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 minute ago, kaha said:

Well, I have a 2080TI and it says 4.1/9.2 VRAM. Still 19 fps instead of 35 that I had with the initial V5 installation. At ORBX LOWI, same settings.

Karl

Wow im pretty annoyed about this, we should all be, and thats what im talking about, for the people with high end systems with plenty of vram left are having to cop the new performance limit to ensure lower spec pc wont crash, wow 

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

1 minute ago, suchw said:

Cant there be a setting to enable or disable this, its cruel to release v5 and have people get a taste of great performance and remove a good chunk of performance with the first hot fix, ridiculous really

Cruel is having DX12 eating all the VRAM and then having CTD.. seriously people complained.. now they fix that (it has a cost) and more complains..

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, kaha said:

Karl

19fps can still deliver a smooth experience. Turn your FPS off

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

An add-on.xml is missing a description. It looks like this in the add-on.xml: <AddOn.Description\> (note the backslash)

Either remove the <AddOn.Description\> tag entirely

or

supply a description instead
<AddOn.Description>Any Text In here makes P3D load</AddOn.Description>

Best regards

Thank You Oliver, this worked.  It was one entry of Mesh that I added using your program.  Fixed now.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just now, suchw said:

Wow im pretty annoyed about this, we should all be

No, we shouldn't

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kaha said:

Karl

What are your P3D settings? do you use Vsync? 4K? what antialiasing? are you using Nvidia inspector? there are many variables at play..

S.

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

19fps can still deliver a smooth experience. Turn your FPS off

Really, try that in vr i guess you dont mind loosing 20 percent performance for a quick stability fix, im seriously thinking refund

Wayne such