Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

Still getting insane 5-minute start up times with AI installed.

5 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Of course mate

So my rant was for nothing lol because if i untick that i can take my chances with vram and boost my performance or go the safe route and let p3d safe guard vr usage 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Lorby's solution works like a charm. I downloaded his "hotfix" added Descriptions just to the Packages, and bingo! She runs.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Well, it is full screen mode unless i'm missing something here. Ever since FSX this has been the case. It toggles between a window and full screen mode.

Did P3D change something in this matter which i don't know about?

Yes, "full screen mode" from P3D v4 onwards is in fact Windowed mode without the borders. That's why you can still use your second screen, if you have one.

30 minutes ago, simbol said:

1) Disable the half refresh via NVidia settings. Let P3D handle these things. They are under DX12 and everything should be done via P3D in order to avoid 2 program conflicting with each other ordering what to do to your GPU.

2) Enable Vsync

3) Set tipple buffering

4) Set it locked at 30

5) Be sure you are running in full screen mode instead of Windows 10 filling the surround windown with black as this wil lcause heavy "tearing" under DX12 causing performance issues.

6) I would suggest to reduce your texture res to medium since you are already on 4K. This way you can disable dynamic texture streaming and you will gain some performance.

Regards,
Simbol

Simbol, I did per your advice but to no avail. fps even dropped by 2 fps.

In outside view at ORBX LOWI it's even only 13/14 fps. Swithing off enhanced atmospherics brings it up to 16 fps.

Please see the attached screenshot.

I tried V4.5, same location, same settings. It does stable 30 fps at ORBX LOWI, same airplane, also outside view. Something is totally wrong here. And many add-ons in V4.5 like Envtex and PTA.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiez74ar5ni5hcp/V5 fps.png?dl=0

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

19 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Well, it is full screen mode unless i'm missing something here. Ever since FSX this has been the case. It toggles between a window and full screen mode.

Did P3D change something in this matter which i don't know about?

Its not a full screen mode  - never has ,

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

2006, FSX. You need the fastest CPU you can't afford.

2020, P3Dv5. You need the fastest GPU you can't afford. 😁

You forgot this:

2007-2019 - People complaining "Why my sim, with its old graphic engine, cannot use that expensive GPU I bought ?"

Be careful what you wish for...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, suchw said:

So my rant was for nothing lol because if i untick that i can take my chances with vram and boost my performance or go the safe route and let p3d safe guard vr usage 

By no means is this scientific but I went to my most graphically intensive airport and ramp the settings up and then go from there.

I flew from Heathrow to Barcelona yesterday with no more than 5.0 usage throughout the whole route. I was having trouble with my previous GTX1060 with this but having upgraded to a 1080Ti I do not have any issues anymore. You do not need to take the chance really, just look at the worst case scenario in terms of usage and then alter your settings from there. having said that I have never seen it more than 7 anywhere yet, but I guess I will when the payware aircraft get updated. I am glad there is a setting to change the dyanmic texture, I thought for a minute my extra investment was going to be a waste of money and the sim was not going to utilise the resources I had.

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

10 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Still getting insane 5-minute start up times with AI installed.

Has always been like that, when you have lots of folders/airplanes in the SimObjects folder.

That's what I liked about Ultimate Traffic. It moved the AI airplanes from the Airplanes folder to an UT2 (or AI Airplanes) folder, which significantly reduced startup times.

You could probably do that with the AddonXML method? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

By no means is this scientific but I went to my most graphically intensive airport and ramp the settings up and then go from there.

I flew from Heathrow to Barcelona yesterday with no more than 5.0 usage throughout the whole route. I was having trouble with my previous GTX1060 with this but having upgraded to a 1080Ti I do not have any issues anymore. You do not need to take the chance really, just look at the worst case scenario in terms of usage and then alter your settings from there. having said that I have never seen it more than 7 anywhere yet, but I guess I will when the payware aircraft get updated. I am glad there is a setting to change the dyanmic texture, I thought for a minute my extra investment was going to be a waste of money and the sim was not going to utilise the resources I had.

The 1080ti is amazing, love mine. I got a bit annoyed when i heard reports of performance losses but it sounds like we can just turn off dynamic texturing to revert back to pre hotfix performance

Edited by suchw
  • Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Now disable triple buffering and Vsync and check what happens.

S.

Nothing changed. Same fps count.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 minute ago, anden145 said:

Has always been like that, when you have lots of folders/airplanes in the SimObjects folder.

That's what I liked about Ultimate Traffic. It moved the AI airplanes from the Airplanes folder to an UT2 (or AI Airplanes) folder, which significantly reduced startup times.

You could probably do that with the AddonXML method? 

It hasn't "always" been like that because A) it doesn't happen in V4 and B) one of the guys from AIG brought it up to LM and they acknowledged the issue. 

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It hasn't "always" been like that because A) it doesn't happen in V4 and B) one of the guys from AIG brought it up to LM and they acknowledged the issue. 

Sorry for offering my advice and experience. I meant no offense. No need to get angry! I'll keep my mouth shut some other time.

Jeez - I don't know why I bother anymore.

I'm so sick and tired of the attitude in this community... 😞

Edited by anden145
  • Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, kaha said:

Nothing changed. Same fps count.

Karl

Right, make a backup of your Prepar3d.cfg.. then delete it.. and re-start P3D.. try with the default settings first.. then ramp up slowly and see what happens to the FPS.. this will help to determine the cause.

S.

• Like 1