Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

The AMD Crash when switching outside cockpit is still there 😞  Hope AMD brings a fix soon.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is the sliders settings + the new dynamic texture streaming. If you settings are too high and you have dynamic texture streaming, P3D will try to use some RAM and also remove + add textures from VRAM in order to avoid a CTD..

This has a TAX on performance.. reducing the settings and removing dynamic texture streaming will bring the performance back but at the cost of more VRAM use..

We need to come to a realization.. with DX12 VRAM is key.. if you want to have all sliders to the right and incredible performance you will need to get new generations of GPU cards with LOTS of VRAM.. and the results will be incredible..

S.

As I read through this thread I can't help but realize that this "new" order of things seems so (too!!) familiar.

Just wait until new add-ons are brought to the table; it wont matter if you have an all new 10th gen processor, a 3080ti, and 64 GB of ram, there will always be the curse of lowering the sliders after all the raving about great performance. Now the curse includes: if you don't lower the sliders a CTD occurs; that may be "fixed" for now, but who knows what's to come.🤒

Amazing the range of reviews of this HF, no matter the level of experience, add-ons, or PC system. Some say its awesome, some say meh, some having lots of problems, some leaving P3D forever....very strange....everybody is correct AND everybody is wrong.😵

I have to conclude that the P3D alpha/beta/rtm test teams need to be MUCH more diversified at the very least. If not, I must conclude that the test teams are being greatly ignored.🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Excellent, thank you. So P3D is not a "true" full-screen app unfortunately.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

My performance in FT EKCH gate A20 P3dv5HF1 F35 66-75fps , P3dv4.5HF2 53-58fps so about 20% increase

I7-4770K@HT on 4,6GHZ

GTX1080TI

16gb DDR3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

You should have uninstalled the four entries...you left part of RTM behind...go back...uninstall all four, what is there...and then run the v5.24 set up program. Then..you will have only v5.24 coding.

There were 4 entries for P3D v5 and I uninstalled all 4 of them.  Looks very good so far.

Flying the Captain Sim L1011 out of Flightbeam KSFO with ORBX California and used about 4.2 Gig of Vram (out of 9 available on my 1080Ti).

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

So if we let Dynamic Texture Streaming Off we might have the same performance as with v5.0.

With DTS Enabled performance will more be like V4.5.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, pracines said:

I have to conclude that the P3D alpha/beta/rtm test teams need to be MUCH more diversified at the very least. If not, I must conclude that the test teams are being greatly ignored

Or you could also conclude that people need to reviews they systems specification and settings in order to receive the expected results.

I will try to add you to the Beta team so we can share the blame next time..

S.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, pracines said:

As I read through this thread I can't help but realize that this "new" order of things seems so (too!!) familiar.

Just wait until new add-ons are brought to the table; it wont matter if you have an all new 10th gen processor, a 3080ti, and 64 GB of ram, there will always be the curse of lowering the sliders after all the raving about great performance. Now the curse includes: if you don't lower the sliders a CTD occurs; that may be "fixed" for now, but who knows what's to come.🤒

Amazing the range of reviews of this HF, no matter the level of experience, add-ons, or PC system. Some say its awesome, some say meh, some having lots of problems, some leaving P3D forever....very strange....everybody is correct AND everybody is wrong.😵

I have to conclude that the P3D alpha/beta/rtm test teams need to be MUCH more diversified at the very least. If not, I must conclude that the test teams are being greatly ignored.🤷‍♂️ 

v4.5HF3 took two years to get this stable. P3D v5 has been out for two weeks. I have a feeling that it will eventually be sorted out.

Today I'll find out if I'm willing to wait.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So...going to pop a beer...remove my RTM, and start over...for only that way, I will know before I add any 3rPd...that I do have the true latest code for v5.  Here goes...glad it's raining outside...

Whoa!  You're in my time zone.  Beer @ 5AM?

You're a man after my own heart!  Go for the gusto!  😉

23 minutes ago, 331BK said:

The AMD Crash when switching outside cockpit is still there 😞  Hope AMD brings a fix soon.

Odd because another AMD user reported it as fixed on LM forums... you on latest drivers? have a look at LM forums where they are saying is fixed..

S.

12 minutes ago, GSalden said:

So if we let Dynamic Texture Streaming Off we might have the same performance as with v5.0.

With DTS Enabled performance will more be like V4.5.

Not quite.. it depends on your hardware and P3D settings.. it is not that simple..you need to test it on your own and see..

S.

Welp it’s now on active sky from HIFi to see if they can fix the wind issues and weather, I guess lots of sunny flights for now it seems

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Odd because another AMD user reported it as fixed on LM forums... you on latest drivers? have a look at LM forums where they are saying is fixed..

S.

Thanks simbol will do so. 

In the meantime i´m back up to my old performance. 

EGLL, @4K with TE South and QW787-10 and nearly everything full right about 20-23 FPS.  With 10.5 GB VRAM Usage.

Even with only 20 FPS it feels mostly fluid and it`s fun to manualy land the 787 at Aerosoft EGLL by Hand 🙂  

Before no way with 8 - 10 FPS in V4

Edited by 331BK
  • Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT