Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

Someone really needs to adress the size of sun and moon in TrueSky.

They are as tiny as a pinhead.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Someone really needs to adress the size of sun and moon in TrueSky.

They are as tiny as a pinhead.

I asked this twice now to LM 😛

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes.. 

bcI4DX5.jpg

S.

Have the same but I'm really disappointed on the enhanced from the 5.0.21. On you pic it looks like shadow are able to get drawn only on forest/tree area. Nothing on urban landclass. Strange no ? It's far from what we have with the legacy weather engine. Playing with date/time set cursor should be able to see cloud shadows as well. And frankly speaking it's like a placebo "Oh, I believe I can see maybe something which looks like or could be a cloud shadow" 😉 

It needs more test, more tweaking, better shaders... whatever.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

42 minutes ago, Malcolm Street said:

I've done a clean install of the hotfix, but my external addons (eg Orbx libraries) are not recognised and don't appear in scenery.cfg.

I note that when I finished installing it first the Roaming profile exe.xml and dll.xml were missing and I had to copy them from the other location.

Any ideas?

Try this...Open Orbx Central.

Go to SETTINGS (Gear upper right corner)

Go to HELP

Click SYNC SIMULATOR

After it's done, rerun P3DV5 and be prepared to click OK on the many Orbx Addons...

• Like 2

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Have the same but I'm really disappointed on the enhanced from the 5.0.21. On you pic it looks like shadow are able to get drawn only on forest/tree area. Nothing on urban landclass. Strange no ? It's far from what we have with the legacy weather engine. Playing with date/time set cursor should be able to see cloud shadows as well. And frankly speaking it's like a placebo "Oh, I believe I can see maybe something which looks like or could be a cloud shadow" 😉 

It needs more test, more tweaking, better shaders... whatever.

I have seen them on urban areas.. and yes.. you are right it needs more.. in hence the "BETA" tag on TrueSky? 😉

• Like 1

Well an hour of testing and I was very critical of the first release of V5 . I just cant fault this release so far . VR is amazing once set right pop up panels work. Vram is behaving unless you go silly with sliders and have not got  a TI card. Lots of testing but tested my trouble spots . London TE aerosoft EGLL and amazing clean install . Removed all files programdata and roaming. Disabled addons .xml first re-adding slowly and re testing looks good. Time will tell.

Better than I have ever seen P3D run . Locked at 30fps refresh 30hz 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

3 minutes ago, pracines said:

If I were on the beta team I would be ignored, because I'm not a "yes man". It wouldn't be my fault for paying customers getting CTD's simply because they wanted to take advantage of the new features with their power PC....

You need to be there to understand the dynamics.. we don't yell, we report issues and suggest changes and surprisingly enough we do get answers direclty from Lockheed Martin developers and engeeniers (I wish I could say the same from another developing firm of an upcoming simulator..). Certain fixes / changes or improvements sometimes needs to be pushed back further (LM have their schedules and reasons).

I was testing the HF yesterday until 3 AM UTC. Then a new build was posted.. I only tested it at 6AM UTC and it was already out so I had 3 hours sleep today testing stuff, and here I am helping people with issues.. (you are welcome).. We do work hard testing.. No system is bug free and no team in the world can catch all the bugs.. So I really don't appreciate comments saying the beta teams are not good enough.

I have ZERO CTDs on my systems.. one of my tests computers have a 980TI with 6GB of VRAM and things run super smooth.. so go figure..

S.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Excellent, thank you. So P3D is not a "true" full-screen app unfortunately.

Well, maybe, from a "purist" perspective, it's not.  But for me, for all intents and purposes, Alt-Enter accomplishes the same end result, and that's all that matters, regardless of any esoteric arguments to the contrary.

I run P3D using Viewgroups across 3 4K monitors, and already have to deal with the 3 monitor bezels - I SURE don't want to also see any Windows borders.  Alt-Enter handles that, whether it's "full-screen" or not.

• Like 2

I think the issue may be not enough beta testers with enough variance in pc hardware.  However, LM beta testing is leaps and bounds better than ED's for DCSW.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have ZERO CTDs on my systems.. one of my tests computers have a 980TI with 6GB of VRAM and things run super smooth.. so go figure..

🙂 

Watson I conclude: AMD still sucks for P3D 

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

1 minute ago, 331BK said:

AMD still sucks

Agreed.

spacer.png

This means : I have to explain my wife why to purchase a RTX Titan 🙂

Maybe after Huang anounced the new 30 Series the prices will go down a bit 🙂

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

23 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes.. 

bcI4DX5.jpg

S.

Does using a shader mod app like Envshade also have the ability to control cloud shadows of True Sky or only in legacy mode ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, GSalden said:

Does using a shader mod app like Envshade also have the ability to control cloud shadows of True Sky or only in legacy mode ?

You would need to ask Max from ToGa this question..

S.

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

So I really don't appreciate comments saying the beta teams are not good enough.

Take that up with Lockheed Martin. Because after all it is their ignoring of your reports that put YOU on the spotlight and not them.

• Like 1