Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

I have built a high end system and finally got p3dv4.5 working smooth. I tried v5 when it came out and got CTD from previous vram issues (1080ti SLI) Now from what I’m reading it sounds like out of the box with no addons, sliders all set down to the left v5 will run smooth but will look like fs95. We’re in 2020 and getting mad because they’re still using a 14 year old engine. It’s like in Back to the future 2 where you see an ad for hover conversion on a 1958 Edsel Pacer. All new technology on an old chassis. Silly too that you have to still have to use a ton of addons to make it look decent. 

I think the point a previous poster was trying to say in regards to beta testers is that if your beta team doesn’t have the ability due to an older system to crank all sliders to the right,  then it’s LM that’s doing something wrong and not the testers. Honestly if you haven’t noticed it’s really us, the general public who are the beta testers. If not you wouldn’t need so many updates for it. 

After reading and experiencing all these issues to be told I have to turn all the settings down and run it vanilla without even having PMDG installed yet, well that’s just silly. You shouldn’t have to run a new version with lesser settings then previous versions. Why can’t out of the box have global textures better than what orbx sells? Default airports still look exactly like fs9. I think I’ll wait for v5.5 HF4. Past history shows that’s when they get it right. 

Simbol did FSPXAI get their issues figured out with their lighting? You’re undercharging for your addon. One of the best addons for FS. 

• Like 2

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

Are you able to switch views and everything? I cannot even switch planes within the sim.

I did a fresh Win 10 1909 build + v5.0.24.34874 with no add ons or other apps installed.  No change. Same CTD on view change.  As of 3 days ago Rob McCarthy said they were 'actively working with AMD on this' but I guess it didn't make the cut for things worth fixing in the HF.  Oh well.  @Chock is fortunate to have an AMD GPU based on the prior architecture (RX4xx and RX5xx) - it is only the new 7nm RDNA cards (RX 5xxx) that suffer this incompatibility, despite being the latest and greatest GPU tech out there, at least for a couple more weeks...

I'm hanging up the towel on v5 for now, sadly - even though I've been so thrilled with aspects of it. It just isn't realistic to never change views - sometimes I need to pull up a pop up, or look at something on the FO side and not being able to is too limiting to be enjoyable.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Any one who has Flytampa Confgurator working with HF1? Nothing happens when i run it. Tried a reinstall but now the file is just white like its bin blocked or just not working. 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@pracines, your criticism of Simbol is unwarranted. I suggest you reconsider your message and withdraw your accusations.

My response (not accusation!) to simbol has been taken way out of context by several who don't read the full post/dialog in context (this happens way too often), and this very thread along with many others is evidence of that. The context that this hotfix fixed a CTD and in turn the fix has been a mixed bag, but simbol said the fix to the fix was to reduce sliders - so I responded. The dialog continued with him essentially defending CTD's as either not existing at all or LM let them go, could be nothing else, so I responded with questions as to how this could happen. 

It seems that the word IF is totally ignored by so many and then I get accused of accusations???  What does a person have to do to get others to READ the word IF in a sentence?? 

If you go back and read what I wrote fully - Don't simply read what simbol wrote in response to me, carefully cutting out a small part of my post and responding craftily to me to make it look as though I was attacking him (he did this twice!- plain as day). I was simply uncovering the truth....and the word if is there. 

For anybody, whether LM or customers or testers to justify reproduceable CTD's is not excusable at this level. Also, denying they exist(ed) when they do/did exist (there was a hotfix right?- this very topic) is just as bad.

I was just keeping the topic honest. There are many video reviews out there that claim P3Dv5 is awesome but when one clicks "read more" one can read the reality that its not that awesome...which is it? Honesty (complete truth) is the only way to truly find out this most important question.

I can't seem to get my sim to run at all when addons are installed. I'm at a loss. This is after a complete reinstall.

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

about the add-on.xml description bug:

P4AO has just been updated to 1.54 b02. This version assigns the addon name as the description automatically, if the current description of a package is empty. This happens right when the app is started and you will get a notification that you have to "Save" these changes.

Best regards

When starting can not find scenery.cfg

For some reason V4

1skkrq.jpg

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

about the add-on.xml description bug:

P4AO has just been updated to 1.54 b02. This version assigns the addon name as the description automatically, if the current description of a package is empty. This happens right when the app is started and you will get a notification that you have to "Save" these changes.

Best regards

Excellent and fast freeware support! Hope this time this hater guy that hate your superior work keep their hands of your addon and stop flagging it! I could not live without P4AO 

Thanks a lot!

9 minutes ago, pracines said:

My response (not accusation!) to simbol has been taken way out of context by several who don't read the full post/dialog in context (this happens way too often), and this very thread along with many others is evidence of that. The context that this hotfix fixed a CTD and in turn the fix has been a mixed bag, but simbol said the fix to the fix was to reduce sliders - so I responded. The dialog continued with him essentially defending CTD's as either not existing at all or LM let them go, could be nothing else, so I responded with questions as to how this could happen. 

It seems that the word IF is totally ignored by so many and then I get accused of accusations???  What does a person have to do to get others to READ the word IF in a sentence?? 

If you go back and read what I wrote fully - Don't simply read what simbol wrote in response to me, carefully cutting out a small part of my post and responding craftily to me to make it look as though I was attacking him (he did this twice!- plain as day). I was simply uncovering the truth....and the word if is there. 

For anybody, whether LM or customers or testers to justify reproduceable CTD's is not excusable at this level. Also, denying they exist(ed) when they do/did exist (there was a hotfix right?- this very topic) is just as bad.

I was just keeping the topic honest. There are many video reviews out there that claim P3Dv5 is awesome but when one clicks "read more" one can read the reality that its not that awesome...which is it? Honesty (complete truth) is the only way to truly find out this most important question.

Your first post to him inferred he was a “yes man” and the second was like an interrogation as to how he conducted his testing. 

Those posts resulted in two reports complaining of your tone. There are ways of asking questions and those were not good examples. 

Moderate your tone.

• Like 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I can't seem to get my sim to run at all when addons are installed. I'm at a loss. This is after a complete reinstall.

Same here.

didnt have any problems at all pre-hotfix.

Since then, and overcoming the .xml description issue. It just crashes again again again. Rarely loads any add-on airports instead just hanging on like ~70%

my FPS was lower on the rare occasion it did load. I am totally baffled.

Kudos to LM on v5 overall as pre-hotfix my performance was great VRAM aside but something has gone very wrong for me.

5 minutes ago, Cloudey said:

Same here.

didnt have any problems at all pre-hotfix.

Since then, and overcoming the .xml description issue. It just crashes again again again. Rarely loads any add-on airports instead just hanging on like ~70%

my FPS was lower on the rare occasion it did load. I am totally baffled.

Kudos to LM on v5 overall as pre-hotfix my performance was great VRAM aside but something has gone very wrong for me.

Looks like Lorby-SI has a workaround/fix for this issue. Don't know how much kudos should be given to LM though, this is an even rockier launch than V4 for sure.

Edited by JasonPC

5 hours ago, simbol said:

We need to come to a realization.. with DX12 VRAM is key.. if you want to have all sliders to the right and incredible performance you will need to get new generations of GPU cards with LOTS of VRAM.. and the results will be incredible

I am spit ballin right now...  I am under the impression... doesn’t dx12 allow for the use of multiple graphic devices to help with performance.  If only,   LM would program this perk, would it help persons like myself with two 1080 classified with 8g mem, so 16g if both cards utilized, ahhh the dream.   I am sure there are plenty of me kinda people out there waiting to take advantage of existing graphic card equipment. 

Appreciate your long hours... 

steve

11 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Looks like Lorby-SI has a workaround/fix for this issue. Don't know how much kudos should be given to LM though, this is an even rockier launch than V4 for sure.

Yeah I used Lorby’s very quickly developed patch. Worked a treat.

Think I’ll have the weekend off this and see what people think next week. It’s very odd.

I’m glad I’m a bit late to the party. Since my P3d v4.5 runs great I will stick with that for now. Plus, I’m currently too lazy to reinstall v5. Anyway, flying without traffic in v5 gets old fast.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 minute ago, sluihn said:

I am spit ballin right now...  I am under the impression... doesn’t dx12 allow for the use of multiple graphic devices to help with performance.  If only,   LM would program this perk, would it help persons like myself with two 1080 classified with 8g mem, so 16g if both cards utilized, ahhh the dream.   I am sure there are plenty of me kinda people out there waiting to take advantage of existing graphic card equipment. 

Appreciate your long hours... 

steve

If you enabled DX12 and left the same graphic engine we had before your logic could apply. But if you see the change log you can see there is a lot of changes to V5 to increase the visuals of the simulator.

So DX12 has enabled them the ability to push the boundaries further giving people more FPS as they had before with better visuals. However the cost is VRAM.. you need more of it.. that is the limiting factor now.

S.

27 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

When starting can not find scenery.cfg

For some reason V4

That is normal. The default setting for P4AO is V4. Just press "Ignore", select V5 on the main screen, Close and restart.

I will add something to get around this in a future version.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI