Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

It's good to know that, in an amazing nod to realism from Lockheed Martin with the road traffic for the UK, when you are over Liverpool city centre, you can see what appears to be Ladder 88 from the NYFD and a Dodge black and white patrol car. I'm impressed they are willing to go somewhat out of their way to assist with ensuring the lockdown is maintained.

C1im9Xe.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

yes I ready did that, this was the outcome!

They might be reloading it takes a bit... how long you waited in that window? another trick is to enable and disable truesky..

S.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

I just did a full reinstall of P3D v5 HF1, installed my addons. I try to load ORBX TrueEarth GB with Aerosoft Hearthrow and it is stuck on loading. 

Does anyone has this problem?

I do. It’s generally slower to load, but this evening I timed it and it took 45 mins to load Aerosoft Heathrow with ORBX TE installed. Seems to stick at 72% ‘Adjusting Scenery Objects’. When it eventually did load, it looked great, FPS okay, taxied for 2 mins and it hung (not CTD) but I had to End Task. Very frustrating.

Other airports load quicker but I still get it hanging periodically.

18 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, uninstalled v5, deleted the shaders folder content and prepar3d.cfg and installed the HF1. Works as expected, all addons are there. BUT, and this is a very big BUT: those annoying, regular micro stutters are back. What a bummer. And this with the exact same settings as used before the hotfix. Enabling or disabling the new option to save VRAM does not do anything, enabling or disabling HT via AM does not do anything. It stutters. Regularly. I could vomit...

If you must, try not to get any on you. :biggrin:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, uninstalled v5, deleted the shaders folder content and prepar3d.cfg and installed the HF1. Works as expected, all addons are there. BUT, and this is a very big BUT: those annoying, regular micro stutters are back. What a bummer. And this with the exact same settings as used before the hotfix. Enabling or disabling the new option to save VRAM does not do anything, enabling or disabling HT via AM does not do anything. It stutters. Regularly. I could vomit...

Chris,

We will work it out m8. Don;t worry. Contact me tomorrow and we do it together.. I need a break I have been non stop since 6am it is now 10pm.. so I can't take it anymore.. I will PM you tomorrow to get the troubleshooting going..

S.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

They might be reloading it takes a bit... how long you waited in that window? another trick is to enable and disable truesky..

S.

waited about 5mins, no apparent action in the background

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, Branimir said:

Will I be able to use the RTM (without hotfix) version if I buy it right now?

Nope...they always remove the earlier version in the Download section. Unless you can find someone that has the RTM, you only have access to the v5.24

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Reinstall your driver suite....

• Like 1

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

Reinstall your driver suite....

Need your HDR settings:

7ZaV99e.jpg

xrz3KWl.jpg

Textures look good but not as sharp. I miss PTA already. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Well it is just a hotfix after all.

I expect further adjustments towards more aggressive texture streaming in future hotfixes or the first point release.

Agreed, I’m sure there will be further refinements to come.  Hadn’t meant for this to come cross as a complaint, simply an observation.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Wait - it still crashes? Not sure if I misunderstood that bullet point from the change log but I thought you would now be able to adjust settings and continue flying?

That was my experience yes, the same device hung message from before then a crash, I didn’t have an opportunity to dial things back and save the flight.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Poured a beer... let the install begin.. Cheers

Steve🍺

Re-install was pretty uneventful for me. Even kept the same p3d.cfg and all addons loaded and seem to work as intended. Definitely a small hit a performance (I think?) but to early to tell. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

4 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

That is normal. The default setting for P4AO is V4. Just press "Ignore", select V5 on the main screen, Close and restart.

I will add something to get around this in a future version.

Best regards

Is new one password protected? Or it's just me......

p.s. Sorry...sometimes it pays to read.....I am ashamed.. solved. lol

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic