Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

OTT, does it work for you?

Off and on I've used Oculus Tray Tool. On because I feel it 'ought' to work and Off because it doesn't. To clarify; I set OTT P3D profile to  ASW Off as well as the default ASW to Off. Simple enough request. However, when the sim loads (OTT IS set to recognise P3D and yes OTT starts with Windows) I get the horrible jagged wing leading edges, you know the ones, so I then have to go to the Oculus Debug tool which I keep a handy shortcut on my desktop.ASW mode is still set to 'Auto'. Change it to Off and we're good to go.

Anyone else see this, if so, did you find a cure?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yep, I've seen this to, but unfortunately no solution other than what you already do.

Dave Garwood.

The point is to force the Supersampling up through OTT. I use it all the time. Readability below 1.5 SS is simply not good enough.

15 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

So no point in OTT then?

Have you tried OVR it is a lua script that works well to change settings and is both visible in the headset and allows changes on the fly.

I have been using it myself for some months without a single problem.

Mick

Edited by mickatmian
text correction

On 5/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Off and on I've used Oculus Tray Tool. On because I feel it 'ought' to work and Off because it doesn't. To clarify; I set OTT P3D profile to  ASW Off as well as the default ASW to Off. Simple enough request. However, when the sim loads (OTT IS set to recognise P3D and yes OTT starts with Windows) I get the horrible jagged wing leading edges, you know the ones, so I then have to go to the Oculus Debug tool which I keep a handy shortcut on my desktop.ASW mode is still set to 'Auto'. Change it to Off and we're good to go.

Anyone else see this, if so, did you find a cure?

I noticed that whenever I start P3D (I am still on version 4.4) for the first time after bootup, it does not recognize the OTT settings. Consequently, I close P3D as well as OTT and restart them in the order OTT, P3D and everything works fine. I mainly set the oversampling rate to 1.6 and ASW off through OTT. My headset is the Oculus Rift S.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix

I have no problem with OTT, but I have noticed that you have to start OTT before you start whatever VR app you are using, otherwise it won't apply the SS.