Sign in to follow this  
jsmcwilliam

Dash 8 Go-around with FS2Crew

I cannot get FS2Crew to respond to my called when flying a missed approach. I run P3Dv4,5 under Windows 10 and from the FS2Crew manual I have gleaned the following proceedure:

GO AROUND PROCEDURES

1.Adv. thr., Press GA

2.FS2Crew: BEFORE LANDING

MISSED APPR, CHECK POWER,

FLAPS 10 (15)

3.FO: POSITIVE RATE

GEAR UP

4.400 AGL

SEL HGD SEL (SEL NAV),

SEL ALT SEL

5.Accel. alt.

FLAPS 0, IAS 185,

CL CHK LISTLISTTO THE LINE

After 1. there is no reponse to my calls at 2. At this point the AP is OFF and I am flying manually. I say "Missed approach, check power, Flaps 10"

Sometimes there is a response that my speed is too high, sometimes I get Flaps 10. Then when I say "Gear up" nothing happens! Can anyone advise?

John

Hi John,

With the displayed FS2Crew mode in "BEFORE LANDING", speak: MISSED APPROACH, CHECK POWER, FLAPS 15" (Note if the Flaps were in the 15 position, you would call for "FLAPS 10", not 15).

Make sure you say this is a "single unbroken phrase".   You're probably pausing between words and the speech recognition system is not expecting that.

Best,