Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

It's time for Orbx to take Sue back..

I just posted the following on the Orbx limited user's support forum: 

I know this isn't the place to post a request like this but it's the only place I have access to Nick.

It's been 4 years almost since Sue and I were banished from the forums.  I would like to state that Sue was and is a good friend and she was just supporting me.  I think in all fairness she should be reinstated.  I was the one who misbehaved in JV's eyes (and I'm still not clear as to why), not Sue.  She was just being a friend and guilt by association should not extend as long as it has.

Sue has always been popular with the Orbx guys and her expertise and knowledge is a valuable asset that should not be tossed aside because she stood by a friend.

Perhaps you could get JV to allow her back.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I'll second that Noel. I remember well when all that happened. I don't think anyone understands why. In fact, I think they should take you both back and I'm going over there and say just that.....Doug

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Well...I went...and I said...and the post was almost immediately deleted. It's become a sad world over there....Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Upvote 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

This childish Orbx attitude has pushed me long ago to eliminate the company from my list of suppliers.

JJ

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Well, thanks for trying Doug.  I haven't had a reply from Nick yet in the bad-boy support forum.  Maybe next year,  The longer this goes on the more I think it was personal rather than something I did.  Sometimes my knack for sarcasm gets under someone's skin.  But that's my problem, not Sue's.

Jean-Jacques, I keep buying their scenery anyway because it's so good.  But I just installed P3Dv5 yesterday and Sue tells me you don't need Orbx scenery with it.  I'll find out this morning.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Well, thanks for trying Doug.  I haven't had a reply from Nick yet in the bad-boy support forum.  Maybe next year,  The longer this goes on the more I think it was personal rather than something I did.  Sometimes my knack for sarcasm gets under someone's skin.  But that's my problem, not Sue's.

Jean-Jacques, I keep buying their scenery anyway because it's so good.  But I just installed P3Dv5 yesterday and Sue tells me you don't need Orbx scenery with it.  I'll find out this morning.

Noel

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about P3D stock scenery. I've used Orbx for a long time, but I'm facing the possibility of needing more computer. Too many addons definitely turns us into  technicians rather than sim pilots. At my age , I'm running out of patience.

Bill W

20 hours ago, birdguy said:

I think in all fairness she should be reinstated. 

Wasn't it W.C. Fields who said, "I would not want to be a member of any group that would want me in it."

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have absolutely none of Orbx's products, nor will I ever given such a childish attitude.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I love Orbx scenery much more than the CEO.  I'm not going to let him chase me out of an important part of the hobby for me.  I too was running out of room so I bit the bullet and get a new Jetline computer.  I got a small windfall and was able to afford it.  I'm sticking with Orbx Scenery.  I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area (Marin County) and learned to fly there.  Orbx has modeled it perfectly even to the seaplane base (Commodore Center) where I took my first lessons and first soloed in a Luscombe float plane.  I recognize so many landmarks and cities that I can't give that up.

Dave, I think what broke JV's back was when Sue and I changed our avatars to the Don't Tread on Me flag.

Noel

• Upvote 3

Anyone would think that ORBX are closely related to CS, given that the behaviour on their respective forums is very similar... :dry:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

It happened about 4 years ago Greg.  I got suspended for a couple weeks for something I had posted.  I couldn't understand why because there was nothing offensive or derogatory in that post.  I copied the post to other forums asking what was wrong with it and why it would warrant a suspension.  I've forgotten what it was about.  Then Sue came to my defense. After a couple of weeks of that Sue and I changed our Orbx avatars to the Don't Tread on Me flag.  I think that's what did it.

At the time Orbx had a Hangar Talk or Hangar Chat forum.  It was described as something like "here's a Coke machine in the corner and you can come in here and talk about whatever you want to talk about" with the usual caveats of course.  About the same time our permanent banishment came that forum disappeared.

If I need support I can go to what they call the Limited User's Forum and Nick is pretty good about helping me out.

Noel 

• Like 1

I was told it wasn't anything I said at OrbX. It was disrespecting JV on other sites. Umm, I may have left the "V" off his last name in a post...  The man has no sense of humor.

LOL

Sue

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Say what you see

say what you mean

mean what you Say

JV, is a manChild.

Luke Pype

On 5/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, Penzoil3 said:

I was told it wasn't anything I said at OrbX. It was disrespecting JV on other sites.

That seems like an unusual reason to ban somebody. That's like banning somebody from this site for having a burger for lunch.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.