Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

It's time for Orbx to take Sue back..

I was told that by the man himself. I didn't say it made sense.

Edited by Penzoil3

13 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

I was told that by the man himself. I didn't say it made sense.

I realize that. That just seems like a silly reason to ban somebody.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, Penzoil3 said:

It was disrespecting JV on other sites. 

That’s pretty bad if they are banning people because of what they said on another forum outside of their own. It’s one thing to be banned by mouthing of in their house but because you said something they disagree with on another site is just plain wrong imho.

I can only imagine what they’d do if they were in possession of real power.

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

That’s pretty bad if they are banning people because of what they said on another forum outside of their own. It’s one thing to be banned by mouthing of in their house but because you said something they disagree with on another site is just plain wrong imho.

I can only imagine what they’d do if they were in possession of real power.

maybe  your  right  but  does  that give  the  right  for  users  to  rant  against  other  devs  on other  forums

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  your  right  but  does  that give  the  right  for  users  to  rant  against  other  devs  on other  forums

I don’t know but does the ORBX Terms of Service state somewhere in it that if they spot /catch you posting something on another forum or social media outlet, other than their own, something that they disagree with, it gives them them right to ban you from their own forums?

Any business, whether it’s consumer goods or others, is going to have some people that complain about something. That’s just part of the cost of doing business and being in the public eye. I know they don’t like dissent over on that forum and are very quick to lock topics but going as far as banning people for what they say outside their forum just seems a bit over the top.

When it come to sim products, I’ve always thought Umberto at FSDT was one of the most patient people I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen people bash him and say very rude things to him on his forum, and here, but he always remains calm and tries to help the user anyway. The only time I’ve seen him ban, aside from maybe a pirate, is someone who went way beyond reproach. If you said even 1/16 of what people say to Umberto on the ORBX forum, you’d have your topic locked, deleted and be banned for life. 

Oddly enough, ORBX will continue to take your credit card for purchase no matter what you say to them 😂😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

It all started because I wanted to know what it was I said in the post that warranted getting me suspended.  I haven't gotten an answer to that to tis day.

I copied that post and posted it on other sites, including this one, asking if anyone could pick out anything in that post that was offensive.  No body did.

Noel 

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

When it come to sim products, I’ve always thought Umberto at FSDT was one of the most patient people I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen people bash him and say very rude things to him on his forum, and here, but he always remains calm and tries to help the user anyway.

I agree! I would however also nominate Martyn from Just Flight as someone who deserves a share in the award (if there was one) for patience.

Bill

• Like 1

Just now, scianoir said:

I agree! I would however also nominate Martyn from Just Flight as someone who deserves a share in the award (if there was one) for patience.

Bill

I agree with you Bill, Martin has helped me out a few times and has always been friendly with it,

Phil

3 minutes ago, philmurfin said:

I agree with you Bill, Martin has helped me out a few times and has always been friendly with it,

Phil

Yes Phil - I would describe him as being invariably patient, polite and friendly in his approach.

Bill

Mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand JV clearly has a thin skin at times despite frequently trumpeting his hardy, straight-talking Dutch heritage.

On the other waving 'don't tread on me' flags because you got a post deleted on a niche hobby forum isn't the most mature reaction either...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 5/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, philmurfin said:

Phil

Martyn from Just Flight is a class act.

Matt Wilson

Regardless of anything which has occurred, I think it's always worth remembering this great line from Groucho Marx when he resigned from the Friars Club and was asked why he did so: 'I Don’t Want to Belong to Any Club That Will Accept Me as a Member'

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 5/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, n4gix said:

I have absolutely none of Orbx's products, nor will I ever given such a childish attitude.

A good example of "biting your nose off to spite your face".

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

A good example of "biting your nose off to spite your face".

In my case that isn't the least bit worrisome since I wouldn't install them were they free. I've no real interest in bloating my sim...

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556