Sign in to follow this  
ual763

May 1st, Moving Vegetation GIF

I think this is a fantastic new feature. It’s one of those little things about nature you don’t really notice until it’s missing, even then it can be hard to point out because we’re so used to small things like trees moving along the winds we barely notice their presence. 

With that being said, although I understand this is a rather new feature, I’d like to see the leaves and branches move just as much as the trees along with the aircraft buffeting to add to the immersion. It’s 2020, I think we can aim for slightly higher than just swaying 2D trees. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 2

This was and is done in MS Flight and the stronger the wind the more those trees and bushes move, and yes the plane moves with the wind, so I would have been surprised if this was not implemented in new Flight Simulator.

I am a big fan of MS Flight and still using it and looking forward to this new 'MS Flight 2'.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
typo
  • Like 2

I am always astounded that the minute some new detail regarding MSFS2020 comes out... there's a pile-on to find fault.  As it stands that sim offers more than any sim you can currently purchase, out of the box!  Yet, there are still complaints about what there is to come when it's released.  Just astounding.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

5 minutes ago, WarpD said:

I am always astounded that the minute some new detail regarding MSFS2020 comes out... there's a pile-on to find fault.  As it stands that sim offers more than any sim you can currently purchase, out of the box!  Yet, there are still complaints about what there is to come when it's released.  Just astounding.

The lesson to learn from such a phenomenon is to never make an Alpha public and publicized for any version of a software with the four letters M S F S 😋   

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I like that people here feel free to discuss MSFS (with the exception of those few that are clearly trolling) making suggestions and critiques even if MSFS already looks so nice.

Certainly they also give more useful feedback and are more interesting to read than if everybody would shout "WOOOOWW! THAT'S PERFECT!!!" at every new detail about MSFS that is published.

P.S. And yes, the moving vegetation is really great!

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Great feature! Not perfect but it's a long way from the static world we usually have with the exception of clouds, water and the occasional flag if the developer decides the flags need animation. Keep it up developers!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Great feature! Not perfect but it's a long way from the static world we usually have with the exception of clouds, water and the occasional flag if the developer decides the flags need animation. Keep it up developers!

Hello MS. What about chimney smoke affected by wind direction? 😄

Actually, this is something you really look out for in VFR flights. Would add another layer of immersion.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

As for the movement I was thinking it was just the nature of the gif and the speed of it, that slowed down it would look quite natural - and as for the plane not moving I was wondering if the plane was sitting in a hangar, deciding whether it wanted to exit out into that kind of weather 😊 perhaps a building out of shot is protecting it from the storm?

12 hours ago, tweekz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they will, it was there in MS Flight.

-eelis-

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 11:36 AM, eelis said:

I am a big fan of MS Flight and still using it and looking forward to this new 'MS Flight 2'.

MSFS is not 'MS Flight 2'.

26 minutes ago, Greek said:

MSFS is not 'MS Flight 2'.

How do you know that? 😉

To me it is, Flight was the last version of Microsoft Flight Simulator series till now and I am sure it has some ideas or most likely some code coming from it, time will tell.

Of course I know it will not be called in that name.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eelis said:

How do you know that? 😉

To me it is, Flight was the last version of Microsoft Flight Simulator series till now and I am sure it has some ideas or most likely some code coming from it, time will tell.

Of course I know it will not be called in that name.

-eelis-

MSFS sure doesn't come from MS flight, but from FSX. Maybe some partial ideas, but main philosophy and functions doesn't comes from MS Flight. MS Flight was not a direct sequel to the series Microsoft simulator ...FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX. Asobo clearly declared, that developers was based on FSX code for start developing the MSFS. No one word about MS Flight.

• Upvote 2

On 5/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, Claviateur said:

Unless we have some infrastructure or terrain that acts as a windshield and we can;t see it here...

It's definitely out in the weather. If you look close you can see raindrops shooting past above and behind the plane. I suspect they just haven't implemented on-ground effects. I can't imagine it wouldn't be affected by wind on the ground - even FS4 did that. I remember as a dumb kid setting up a 120kt headwind and lifting the Cessna off without even starting the engine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, tweekz said:

That's a pretty cool idea actually! Or forest fire smoke also affected by wind direction...